Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Please, I need your help

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #25

Just FYI. The iPad and iPhone versions for this year include a Party Card view, so you can collect character setups for your entire party in one place.

Amorgen's spreadsheet has included a party card for years..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #26

Cranston wrote: Just FYI. The iPad and iPhone versions for this year include a Party Card view, so you can collect character setups for your entire party in one place.

Amorgen's spreadsheet has included a party card for years..


Any chance that the Android will get the party functionality in the near future?
Creator of the TD Public Market . Check often to see what's for sale!

Designer of Forged in the Dungeon a Forged in the Dark D&D game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #27

The Party Card addition for Android is planned for a version within the next year. After the new token set comes out, there is always a major release. It will likely be in the next major release. Definitely before Gencon 2018.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #28

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1765
For those of you that have your party card on phone or tablet having a $15 external battery to charge your device can be a life saver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #29

On it Laz, anything to help.

Matt H. has been a big help with this process. :)
Can I be the bartender? I hear they get free beer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #30

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 11th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15921
Don't you need wifi to show your character on a phone or iPad?
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #31

bpsymington wrote: Don't you need wifi to show your character on a phone or iPad?

The Character Generator for IOS and Android does no communication with anything else. It is completely self contained, so it does not require WiFi or cell signal to run.

I did consider doing a voice recognition option for inputting tokens, but that would require heavy WiFi communication, so it was dropped from the project list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #32

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1983
Cranston's app is da bomb!! It has saved my life so many times when it comes to last minute changes that doesn't add time to the Coaches' work.
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #33

The only thing I wish the app has is an import from the spreadsheet option.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #34

James J Krot wrote: For those of you that have your party card on phone or tablet having a $15 external battery to charge your device can be a life saver.


I second this piece of advice!

I use the $20 Amazon battery packs and have had very good luck with them. Can charge two devices at once and has enough juice to last a full day of heavy Convention usage. And by heavy usage I mean all my friends who are too lazy to buy their own battery and mooch my power.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #35

For the sake of clarity, here is what the Coaches Guide says

When players present you with pre-generated stats and a verified token list (see previous note about Coach Minion), thank them and inform them that they get a +1 bonus to their max HP.

These are the only acceptable stat generators:
• Amorgen’s Excel spreadsheet
• Cranston’s iOS or Android app

The stats may either be physically printed or displayed on screen. But no matter what, the player must show you the accompanying token list so you can verify they have what they claim to have.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

Please, I need your help 6 years 8 months ago #36

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 11th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15921

Harlax wrote: For the sake of clarity, here is what the Coaches Guide says

When players present you with pre-generated stats and a verified token list (see previous note about Coach Minion), thank them and inform them that they get a +1 bonus to their max HP.

These are the only acceptable stat generators:
• Amorgen’s Excel spreadsheet
• Cranston’s iOS or Android app

The stats may either be physically printed or displayed on screen. But no matter what, the player must show you the accompanying token list so you can verify they have what they claim to have.


There are only two acceptable stat generators to get the bonus HP, right? I could come in with a different pre-generated character and I'm sure it would still be appreciated and helpful.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds