Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers!

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #25

darkangel866 wrote: We now have a useless 00 Ultra Rare. I'm glad I am not a noobie pulling that Ioun Stone.


Edit: Sigh.. sorry to pile on, saw Mike's post...

Grants immunity to psychic blast!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #26

darkangel866 wrote: We now have a useless 00 Ultra Rare. I'm glad I am not a noobie pulling that Ioun Stone.


Well, it does still prevent psychic attacks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #27

jedibcg wrote: If you are not spending 1k (to get the tooth) then having lesser tokens to get you above 10 makes perfect sense. Remember not everyone is spending thousands of dollars on tokens.

While it would be nice to have a way of getting PP without the teeth I just don't see it being easily done with the proposed system. If we are talking rare level a token that grants even 5 PP seems a bit much compared to the tooth. However those 5 PP are absolutely worthless. You can give the token secondary effects, though then the number of power points would probably be lowered meaning you would need to collect even more of these tokens for them to be worth much. Making the tokens slotted could help compensate some but it still seems like it is going to be very difficult to find a balance. Even at the UR level the problem exists, though you could get away with giving more PP on a token.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #28

Mike Steele wrote:

darkangel866 wrote: We now have a useless 00 Ultra Rare. I'm glad I am not a noobie pulling that Ioun Stone.


Well, it does still prevent psychic attacks.


And allow a 4 pt heal 1/game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #29

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7411

Cormroc wrote:

jedibcg wrote: If you are not spending 1k (to get the tooth) then having lesser tokens to get you above 10 makes perfect sense. Remember not everyone is spending thousands of dollars on tokens.

While it would be nice to have a way of getting PP without the teeth I just don't see it being easily done with the proposed system. If we are talking rare level a token that grants even 5 PP seems a bit much compared to the tooth. However those 5 PP are absolutely worthless. You can give the token secondary effects, though then the number of power points would probably be lowered meaning you would need to collect even more of these tokens for them to be worth much. Making the tokens slotted could help compensate some but it still seems like it is going to be very difficult to find a balance. Even at the UR level the problem exists, though you could get away with giving more PP on a token.


Sorry we will have to disagree. Even if it take 3 Rare level tokens to get to 10 that could be worth it. Lose 1 point of AC on armor that have 3 or 4 points of PP. At the rare level I can see this being effective. It gives people more choices/options.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #30

Cormroc wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

darkangel866 wrote: We now have a useless 00 Ultra Rare. I'm glad I am not a noobie pulling that Ioun Stone.


Well, it does still prevent psychic attacks.


And allow a 4 pt heal 1/game.


Only if you've spent $1000.

Scratch that. I missed that ability starts at zero!
You can find more info on individual tokens at www.tokendb.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by YupImJen.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #31

What action does it take to use one of these psychic powers?

Overall, the benefit of having 60-69 power points is almost equal to the benefit of 0. In practice, the 0-point option is more useful because True Dungeon has moved to eldritch damage for most of its non-physical damage. It can't be prevented, but it can be healed.

I guess it's good that you can get multiple options out of a single token. This means an Ioun Stone slot can count for surprise immunity, fall immunity, and water walk (unless it's like the last time we had water, where it was part of a puzzle and some judges wouldn't allow it to be walked over).

The options that are given here aren't enough to drive me to try to get a bunch of teeth over the next seven years to become a psychic master. Good for my wallet, but I have to hope that people are more enthused about them than I am.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #32

"Players wishing to use a Psychic Power must equip an IOUN STONE AMETHYST OVOID (or another future token that unlocks Psychic Potential) to their Coach at the start of the adventure."

Coach seems to be a typo in this sentence. We equip tokens to our character, yes? :P
What are you Token About?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #33

can we participate in the special event in 7 years if we ONLY collect the 7 teeth and transmute them...ie. if we never get one of the tokens that grants psychic ability?

im sure I will get one at some point, but I am hoping to collect 3 sets of teeth so I can take all 3 people I equip on the special event. and im not sure I will be equipping all 3 of us with psychic powers; it will depend on the slots required and what other options for those slots...ioun stone is getting very crowded.

the psychic powers seem very underwhelming to me. as a 1/game ability no matter how many pp you have, I feel like I will NEVER want to dedicate slots to gaining pp. although, maybe the teeth of cavadar are the only way to get pp? just seems a bit odd to me. but maybe that is because I was imagining a character who started giving up lots of slots to gain small incremental pp that added up to lots of power...but you had to not be equipping the best combat gear to have that power.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #34

darkangel866 wrote: We now have a useless 00 Ultra Rare. I'm glad I am not a noobie pulling that Ioun Stone.


As others have said, it grants immunity to psychic blast.

With no innate psychic points, it still allows the 4pt heal per dungeon.

It's not implausible that future URs, Rares, and/or uncommons may provide psychic points like the teeth do.
What are you Token About?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #35

YupImJen wrote:

Cormroc wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

darkangel866 wrote: We now have a useless 00 Ultra Rare. I'm glad I am not a noobie pulling that Ioun Stone.


Well, it does still prevent psychic attacks.


And allow a 4 pt heal 1/game.


Only if you've spent $1000.

Scratch that. I missed that ability starts at zero!


I missed that too. I hope that's how it will work.
The Worst Rogue Ever!
Member of the Michigan Marauders
Ranger Extra-ordinary
--Rocky


BEWARE THERE ARE SILVER BULETTES NEARBY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New for 2015 -- Psychic Powers! 4 years 8 months ago #36

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7411
From the way I read it you would need a token to use the Psychic Points (like the ISAO) to get to the special event.

EDIT:

The way I read this AT THIS POINT is:

The teeth are useless without the ISAO but the ISAO is useable with the teeth.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds