Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #1

So what is one worth, ballpark? I haven’t seen any on offer in ages, before the TD celebration
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #2

One-shot UR's are always difficult to price. I would think it would be under $50 for someone wanting to use it, but maybe $150 or more for a collector. It could be fun to use if there is another True Horde...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #3

I know Fred K was looking for one. Not sure if he found it yet or not.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #4

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2676

Brad Mortensen wrote: So what is one worth, ballpark? I haven’t seen any on offer in ages, before the TD celebration


Obviously we all know a token is worth whatever the two parties trading or buying/selling agree upon, but that specific token was the FINAL ultra rare for me to find for my collection. It doesn't necessarily mean it was the hardest to find, but once I started to chase it, it was absolutely very difficult to find.

I only found a few people who actually had one, and no one wanted to part with it. But eventually the awesome Rob F. said he'd just give it to me as a gift since it was literally the last ultra rare I was missing to have a complete collection of all of the ultra rares!

Here's a picture of that momentous occasion from June 2019:
www.facebook.com/TrentTokens/photos/a.1280348078786340/1298747070279774

Thanks again Rob F.!

:)

So to answer your question, not cheap for someone who really wants it. I suspect those who are chasing it haven't found it easy to even find one available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Trent.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #5

Beertram - although I'm arguing against my own pocket book on this as someone hunting for this item, I'd think it would be more than $150. I recently bought 2 arrows of slaying from different parties at $250 each (one for my collection and one to use someday.) Again - it is an item you never see for sale and is a one use. My guess is close to that valuation. Old UR woodies are hard to value because they rarely go for sale.

Anyone else have thoughts on it?

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #6

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2676

Fred K wrote: Beertram - although I'm arguing against my own pocket book on this as someone hunting for this item, I'd think it would be more than $150. I recently bought 2 arrows of slaying from different parties at $250 each (one for my collection and one to use someday.) Again - it is an item you never see for sale and is a one use. My guess is close to that valuation. Old UR woodies are hard to value because they rarely go for sale.

Anyone else have thoughts on it?

Fred


I would concur. If I were hunting it and someone wanted $250, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Trent.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #7

$250 is definitely higher than I would pay for it right now, but I would not be surprised if a collector with deeper pockets paid that.
I came here to sing and collect tokens, and I'm alllll out of money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #8

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6618
Honestly I normally call prices low but that said the hourglass is exceptionally rare, old, and powerful. I've only seen one used once in my 10 years of TD. It was at the last true horde and it changed the direction of the battle in our favor. Even back then it was super rare. I'd be surprised if an unknown one were to pop up on the market today(gotta remember how much smaller the TD community was back then so there really aren't to many copies of those old URs out there) and even more surprised if it went for as low as 250. If I had to put a price on it I'd say 400ish.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #9

Trent wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: So what is one worth, ballpark? I haven’t seen any on offer in ages, before the TD celebration


Obviously we all know a token is worth whatever the two parties trading or buying/selling agree upon, but that specific token was the FINAL ultra rare for me to find for my collection. It doesn't necessarily mean it was the hardest to find, but once I started to chase it, it was absolutely very difficult to find.

I only found a few people who actually had one, and no one wanted to part with it. But eventually the awesome Rob F. said he'd just give it to me as a gift since it was literally the last ultra rare I was missing to have a complete collection of all of the ultra rares!

Here's a picture of that momentous occasion from June 2019:
www.facebook.com/TrentTokens/photos/a.1280348078786340/1298747070279774

Thanks again Rob F.!

:)

So to answer your question, not cheap for someone who really wants it. I suspect those who are chasing it haven't found it easy to even find one available.


No problem Trent. And thanks for gifting one back to me when you eventually found another!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Price check - Hourglass of Imprisonment 2 months 1 week ago #10

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2676

Rob F wrote:

Trent wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: So what is one worth, ballpark? I haven’t seen any on offer in ages, before the TD celebration


Obviously we all know a token is worth whatever the two parties trading or buying/selling agree upon, but that specific token was the FINAL ultra rare for me to find for my collection. It doesn't necessarily mean it was the hardest to find, but once I started to chase it, it was absolutely very difficult to find.

I only found a few people who actually had one, and no one wanted to part with it. But eventually the awesome Rob F. said he'd just give it to me as a gift since it was literally the last ultra rare I was missing to have a complete collection of all of the ultra rares!

Here's a picture of that momentous occasion from June 2019:
www.facebook.com/TrentTokens/photos/a.1280348078786340/1298747070279774

Thanks again Rob F.!

:)

So to answer your question, not cheap for someone who really wants it. I suspect those who are chasing it haven't found it easy to even find one available.


No problem Trent. And thanks for gifting one back to me when you eventually found another!


Woo hoo the circle of life!

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds