Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #13

Wayne Rhodes wrote: The only problem i have with the charms is the fact the charm slot is so full right now.

A lot of us are using CoA, CoS or CoAS.
That only leaves 1 charm slot open and many people already have something else better in that slot then the volunteer charms.

I’m personally using charm of enlightenment as my 3rd charm and even though it’s a rare, it’s better then any of the volunteer charms in my opinion (and will be even stronger with wisdom based bead slot)

Charm bracelet gives 2 extra slots, but is it better than Bracers of Fast Fitness

Charm necklace give 3 extra, but there is Amulet of Champions, Stu-pendous Pendant, and medallion of Valhalla to choose between as options.

So unless you are using the Charming set, I don't see why any major advantage to using them.

If you are a volunteer that gets most of your tokens by volunteering then yes they are great, and maybe that’s the target audience. Or maybe I am under estimating the number of Charming sets being used.

The thing is, i don't think most people have coa, and I know my group just missed cos, opting instead to get silver nuggets and kilts. That leaves plenty of room for things like the fiendish charm, which are slated to be upgraded at some point to greater onyx charms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #14

Endgame wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: The only problem i have with the charms is the fact the charm slot is so full right now.

A lot of us are using CoA, CoS or CoAS.
That only leaves 1 charm slot open and many people already have something else better in that slot then the volunteer charms.

I’m personally using charm of enlightenment as my 3rd charm and even though it’s a rare, it’s better then any of the volunteer charms in my opinion (and will be even stronger with wisdom based bead slot)

Charm bracelet gives 2 extra slots, but is it better than Bracers of Fast Fitness

Charm necklace give 3 extra, but there is Amulet of Champions, Stu-pendous Pendant, and medallion of Valhalla to choose between as options.

So unless you are using the Charming set, I don't see why any major advantage to using them.

If you are a volunteer that gets most of your tokens by volunteering then yes they are great, and maybe that’s the target audience. Or maybe I am under estimating the number of Charming sets being used.

The thing is, i don't think most people have coa, and I know my group just missed cos, opting instead to get silver nuggets and kilts. That leaves plenty of room for things like the fiendish charm, which are slated to be upgraded at some point to greater onyx charms


I dont think everyone has a COA either. And looking at my builds I use the Charm Bracelets on almost all of them. I used to use Bracers of Fast Fitness on a number of builds but the Charm Bracelets give more flexibility. Allow me to slot the Claw Charm and Charm of Brooching. Or the strength Charm. And works out nice on a few builds where I use the Charming Crown to get my psychic. I will be using the DEX Charm in a few of the builds when it hits.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #15

Rob F wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: The only problem i have with the charms is the fact the charm slot is so full right now.

A lot of us are using CoA, CoS or CoAS.
That only leaves 1 charm slot open and many people already have something else better in that slot then the volunteer charms.

I’m personally using charm of enlightenment as my 3rd charm and even though it’s a rare, it’s better then any of the volunteer charms in my opinion (and will be even stronger with wisdom based bead slot)

Charm bracelet gives 2 extra slots, but is it better than Bracers of Fast Fitness

Charm necklace give 3 extra, but there is Amulet of Champions, Stu-pendous Pendant, and medallion of Valhalla to choose between as options.

So unless you are using the Charming set, I don't see why any major advantage to using them.

If you are a volunteer that gets most of your tokens by volunteering then yes they are great, and maybe that’s the target audience. Or maybe I am under estimating the number of Charming sets being used.

The thing is, i don't think most people have coa, and I know my group just missed cos, opting instead to get silver nuggets and kilts. That leaves plenty of room for things like the fiendish charm, which are slated to be upgraded at some point to greater onyx charms


I dont think everyone has a COA either. And looking at my builds I use the Charm Bracelets on almost all of them. I used to use Bracers of Fast Fitness on a number of builds but the Charm Bracelets give more flexibility. Allow me to slot the Claw Charm and Charm of Brooching. Or the strength Charm. And works out nice on a few builds where I use the Charming Crown to get my psychic. I will be using the DEX Charm in a few of the builds when it hits.


Fair enough on the CoA, the main point I was making is the slot is very crowded.

As for charm bracelet and charm necklace, I was comparing what you were giving up to use the new charms was very similar to what you already have in the other tokens.

Still I didn’t do a good job of explaining the points. And yes good point Charm Bracelet with Str and Dex charms is purely better than fast fitness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #16

I'm with Rob. I use Charm bracelets on every build I can. Bracers of Fast Fitness are nice, but less flexible. Charm necklace is great, but with many class specific legendary items going into the neck slot, it will likely fill out of favor.

Fast Fitness is great if you need DeX and con. I think most builds would rather have DLCC and Brooching or Greater Onyx, not to mention Questors, Quick Strike, or Spell Swapping.

Rogues and possibly Dwarf Fighters probably want Bracers of Guided Strike, Wizards want fast fitness, Ranged attackers may choose Supreme Archery, but I think most would prefer Bracelets.

I could be way off.

I agree the charm slot is more crowded than the Ioun Stone slot.
I imagine a select few will take either +2 Con or +2 Saves in a charm slot.

Either way, most volunteers do not do it for the token.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #17

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 7112

Wayne Rhodes wrote: The only problem i have with the charms is the fact the charm slot is so full right now.

A lot of us are using CoA, CoS or CoAS.
That only leaves 1 charm slot open and many people already have something else better in that slot then the volunteer charms.

I’m personally using charm of enlightenment as my 3rd charm and even though it’s a rare, it’s better then any of the volunteer charms in my opinion (and will be even stronger with wisdom based bead slot)

Charm bracelet gives 2 extra slots, but is it better than Bracers of Fast Fitness

Charm necklace give 3 extra, but there is Amulet of Champions, Stu-pendous Pendant, and medallion of Valhalla to choose between as options.

So unless you are using the Charming set, I don't see why any major advantage to using them.

If you are a volunteer that gets most of your tokens by volunteering then yes they are great, and maybe that’s the target audience. Or maybe I am under estimating the number of Charming sets being used.


This is more or less why I find the vol charm plan confusing. COA+CoAs+legendary necks= not much room for vol charms. As someone who's been volunteering for years it's a little disappointing to know the next 2 years of vol charms will never see play in my builds. Even if I squeezed them in there with charm bracelets, it ends up being more or less the same as the bracers of fast fitness.

Now if we could say combine all 3 vol charms into a relic or something I'd be way more excited.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #18

I think the charms work pretty well, even if they don't make it into advanced builds.

They don't take up the Shirt, Cloak, Bracer, Boots, or Belt slots. The Dragonhide set was 4 years worth of tokens that would never make it into nearly any build today, much less hold significant value on the secondary market.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #19

Definitely some tough choices in the Charm Slots. But that's TD and that's life. It will be an easier choice for Clerics who need the Dex to grant them access to Thor's Hammer.
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #20

Picc wrote: I still wish we could break the str/dex/con pattern. It was exciting at first but now its just a little meh. Something like +focus, + treasure, psychic powers, a levelup item, would (IMO at least) be more interesting at this point.


Maybe even a Chrisma bonus.
Is +5 too much.
There are a lot of cool Figurines
And with that most or all Classes
Could add a 2nd one.
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #21

The Falcon wrote:

Picc wrote: I still wish we could break the str/dex/con pattern. It was exciting at first but now its just a little meh. Something like +focus, + treasure, psychic powers, a levelup item, would (IMO at least) be more interesting at this point.


Maybe even a Chrisma bonus.
Is +5 too much.
There are a lot of cool Figurines
And with that most or all Classes
Could add a 2nd one.


+3 for the Red
+5 for the Purple
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 7 months ago #22

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: Definitely some tough choices in the Charm Slots. But that's TD and that's life. It will be an easier choice for Clerics who need the Dex to grant them access to Thor's Hammer.


Exactly guys and gals. When did it become about only having enough great tokens to simply fill each slot. There should be lots of slots that have lots of good tokens. Choices are important. We need more tokens that are of equal power but do different things. There should be 10 great tokens in each slot so we all have choices to make. You get a really good token as a volunteer and that is awesome. If I use it, even more awesome. If I don't, then either it becomes trade bate or I keep it as a back up token for a different build.
Proud member Dungeon Delver's Anonymous.

Team Kraken Killers

My name is Sean Hanlin, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 6 months ago #23

I would love to see WIS/INT/CHA rewards, as well as a way to balance them with the more physical slots.

Having these drop as volunteer slots, and allowing a different bead/tome/figurine be used per X (making sure they had worthwhile options and not just a BIS) would make them valuable volunteer tokens as well.
Do well and you will have no need for ancestors. - Voltaire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DEX Volunteer Charms Confirmed 5 years 6 months ago #24

Templar wrote: I would love to see WIS/INT/CHA rewards, as well as a way to balance them with the more physical slots.

Having these drop as volunteer slots, and allowing a different bead/tome/figurine be used per X (making sure they had worthwhile options and not just a BIS) would make them valuable volunteer tokens as well.


As for wisdom, there is already charm of enlightenment, so that is kind of hard to beat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds