Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: +5 Final Transmute Recipes

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #13

Both lutes seem really expensive. Maybe it's just the fact I'm not a bard, but they don't seem like very big upgrades over existing instruments to be that expensive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #14

jedibcg wrote: is it just me or does recipe 2 for the legendary lute look way more expensive?
1 more ur
5 less inks
10 less planks (who cares they are plentiful)
1 more bismuth
7 less stones (who cares they are plentiful)
7 less silk (who cares they are plentiful)

maybe the bismuth = 5 inks...dunno

10 planks, 7 stones, 7 silk < any one of those ur’s. if and disagrees i would be happy to trade you the planks, stones and silk for one of the ur’s.


The Parchment, Steel, Munition, and Hide also all change from some to zero on Recipe #2.

The weird thing about Recipe #2 for me though is that the Ocarinas can still be PYP'd.
Classes Played: Barbarian (20 times), Monk (10), Cleric (9), Fighter (8), Rogue (8), Dwarf Fighter (6), Ranger (6), Paladin (5), Druid (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (1).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #15

Jeff321 wrote:

jedibcg wrote: is it just me or does recipe 2 for the legendary lute look way more expensive?
1 more ur
5 less inks
10 less planks (who cares they are plentiful)
1 more bismuth
7 less stones (who cares they are plentiful)
7 less silk (who cares they are plentiful)

maybe the bismuth = 5 inks...dunno

10 planks, 7 stones, 7 silk < any one of those ur’s. if and disagrees i would be happy to trade you the planks, stones and silk for one of the ur’s.


The Parchment, Steel, Munition, and Hide also all change from some to zero on Recipe #2.

The weird thing about Recipe #2 for me though is that the Ocarinas can still be PYP'd.


No difference than when Avarice was available so were the AoTF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #16

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7381

Jeff321 wrote:

jedibcg wrote: is it just me or does recipe 2 for the legendary lute look way more expensive?
1 more ur
5 less inks
10 less planks (who cares they are plentiful)
1 more bismuth
7 less stones (who cares they are plentiful)
7 less silk (who cares they are plentiful)

maybe the bismuth = 5 inks...dunno

10 planks, 7 stones, 7 silk < any one of those ur’s. if and disagrees i would be happy to trade you the planks, stones and silk for one of the ur’s.


The Parchment, Steel, Munition, and Hide also all change from some to zero on Recipe #2.

The weird thing about Recipe #2 for me though is that the Ocarinas can still be PYP'd.

good catch i was loking from 2 to 1 and missed those.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #17

Endgame wrote: Both lutes seem really expensive. Maybe it's just the fact I'm not a bard, but they don't seem like very big upgrades over existing instruments to be that expensive.


The main upgrade is the equivalent of “switch instruments without a free action”

Some bards have been looking for a way to do that for years
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #18

I'm excited to craft all the 3/4 stars next year.

Here are my notes for the print version

+1 Keen Bolt - should be in red text

Kilt of the Dungeonbane/Fatherbane/Tavernbane - Remove the "the"

Questor's charm of luck - add (any year)

Cloak of Shadowskin - add (any year)

Recipe #2 - add (Duplicates are fine) to the ANY THREE

Thanks!

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #19

Pretty hype about the whetstone and charm of treasure boosting. Me and my noob crew might try to pick up a set of the charms and mebbe a few whetstones to pass around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #20

Let's talk about some of these 3 and 4 star recipes this year because some of them seem too expensive for what they do. My wife and I have been buying tokens for a few years now and playing since 2012 so consider ourselves to be mid-range players. We have some resources but not nearly as much as the big collectors. We are responsible for outfitting our party at Gen Con each year and in return everyone gives us their tokens.

Canteen of Quaffing (***) May drink a healing potion as free action 1/game
  • 50 GP Icewood Canteen
  • 200 GP equivalent
This recipe is fine and good for new players. The effect isn't that useful to us so we'll probably make one just for fun.

Figurine of Power: Dog (***) Heal another character 4hp 1/game
  • 100 GP Jade Sculpture or 100 GP Malachite Sculpture
  • 4× Darkwood Plank
    plus ONLY ONE of the following:
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
4 Darkwood Plank is too much for this. Charm of Health (+2 health in charm slot) is effectively half of this and didn't take any trade goods. Horn of the Blessed Ox (heal 2hp 1/game slotless) is also effectively half of this and SLOTLESS and only required 1 Minotaur Hide. Given those it seems like this should be more like 2 Darkwood Plank, especially since it takes up a very limited slot.

Belt of Ogre Mage Power (****) +3 strength
  • Belt of Ogre Power
  • Shaman’s Charm
  • 10× Mystic Silk
  • 1,000 GP equivalent
    plus ONLY ONE of the following:
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
10 mystic silk for a gain of 1 strength... who is this for? Look at Blessed Pants of the Hare or Blessed Tempest Gloves from last year which only took 1 trade good each. I get that this is similar to the Blessed Shirt of Strength from two years ago but maybe that was too expensive as well. At least 2016 had the Shirt of Baneful Prowess as something for players like us to shoot for.

Charm of Treasure Boosting (****) +1 treasure pull with only 1 TE equipped
  • Charm of the Faithful
  • 1× Dwarven Steel
  • 1× Minotaur Hide
  • 1× Philosopher’s Stone
    plus any FOUR (×4) of the following (duplicates are fine):
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
  • any 2019 Monster Trophy
We were really looking forward to this one until we saw the recipe.That's a lot of trade goods but at least they aren't hard to get from one token order. But then 4 monster bits. A player wants this so that they can get more treasure pulls to get those monster bits. Perhaps there should be a GP equivalent on this one?

Enchanter's Whetstone (****) +1 to hit and +1 damage to 1 rare weapon
  • +1 Keen Bolt
  • 1× Aragonite
  • 1× Dwarven Steel
  • 1× Elven Bismuth
  • 500 GP equivalent
    plus ONLY ONE of the following:
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
We were really looking forward to this token as well until we see Aragonite and Elven Bismuth in the recipe. Again, who is this for? Anyone who can afford to waste Aragonite and Elven Bismuth for such a small gain probably uses a UR weapon anyway. Would it be possible drop those from the recipe? This would be fun as a two stage recipe with the first staging only giving one of the two effects...but not Aragonite or Elven Bismuth in either.

Bead of the Lucky Traveler (***** Story Arc, aka "4C") +2 to saves and free movement
  • Bead Firehold
  • Elder Orb Eye (2016)
  • Lava Beast Nugget (2016)
  • Spidaur Venom (2016)
  • Succubus Horn (2016)
  • Draccus Scale (2017)
  • Iron Rook Rivet (2017)
  • Old Holly Sprig (2017)
  • Scrael Claw (2017)
  • Devil Drake Claw (2018)
  • Giant Blood (2018)
  • Helkyrie Ichor (2018)
  • Troll Shaman Finger (2018)
  • Monster Trophy #1 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #2 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #3 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #4 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #5 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #6 (2019)
We were fully expecting this recipe since the Icecrag Hero's Earcuff. We were unable to make the Icecrag Hero's Earcuff because we were missing 1 Genie Vapor that we couldn't find anywhere after extensive searching online. We've been trading and saving monster trophies to make whatever the next story item would be. What a disappointment! This is much worse than the Icecrag Hero's Earcuff and costs a lot more monster bits. Free movement is a worthless effect when the GMs always say it doesn't work because of "magic".

A bunch of random thoughts in there but I guess the summary is that 2018 recipes felt pretty good to players like us and 2019 doesn't because they many are too expensive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #21

I’d like to see Aragonite dropped from the Whetstone recipe. If not, then the Bismuth.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #22

Kirk Bauer wrote: I’d like to see Aragonite dropped from the Whetstone recipe. If not, then the Bismuth.

Aragonite is easier to get for the same amount of packs opened (1/4 chance for an ingredient vs 1/5 for EB).

I think the key is both the T4 this year are really good transmutes. They give a bonus treasure and increase your power of your Rare weapon to near a UR. They are more expensive because they are more powerful. Dial back the power and decrease the costs.

Ed
Useful Links:
Cranston's Char Gen App for iDevices
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic TG
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #23

  • Kakitahan
  • Kakitahan 's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member
  • Hero Member
  • Honored Monk of the Hidden Fist - Everquest
  • Posts: 536

MasterED wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: I’d like to see Aragonite dropped from the Whetstone recipe. If not, then the Bismuth.

Aragonite is easier to get for the same amount of packs opened (1/4 chance for an ingredient vs 1/5 for EB).

I think the key is both the T4 this year are really good transmutes. They give a bonus treasure and increase your power of your Rare weapon to near a UR. They are more expensive because they are more powerful. Dial back the power and decrease the costs.

Ed


Agreed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 10 months 6 days ago #24

Chris Heuer wrote: Let's talk about some of these 3 and 4 star recipes this year because some of them seem too expensive for what they do. My wife and I have been buying tokens for a few years now and playing since 2012 so consider ourselves to be mid-range players. We have some resources but not nearly as much as the big collectors. We are responsible for outfitting our party at Gen Con each year and in return everyone gives us their tokens.

Canteen of Quaffing (***) May drink a healing potion as free action 1/game

  • 50 GP Icewood Canteen
  • 200 GP equivalent
This recipe is fine and good for new players. The effect isn't that useful to us so we'll probably make one just for fun.

Figurine of Power: Dog (***) Heal another character 4hp 1/game
  • 100 GP Jade Sculpture or 100 GP Malachite Sculpture
  • 4× Darkwood Plank
    plus ONLY ONE of the following:
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
4 Darkwood Plank is too much for this. Charm of Health (+2 health in charm slot) is effectively half of this and didn't take any trade goods. Horn of the Blessed Ox (heal 2hp 1/game slotless) is also effectively half of this and SLOTLESS and only required 1 Minotaur Hide. Given those it seems like this should be more like 2 Darkwood Plank, especially since it takes up a very limited slot.

Belt of Ogre Mage Power (****) +3 strength
  • Belt of Ogre Power
  • Shaman’s Charm
  • 10× Mystic Silk
  • 1,000 GP equivalent
    plus ONLY ONE of the following:
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
10 mystic silk for a gain of 1 strength... who is this for? Look at Blessed Pants of the Hare or Blessed Tempest Gloves from last year which only took 1 trade good each. I get that this is similar to the Blessed Shirt of Strength from two years ago but maybe that was too expensive as well. At least 2016 had the Shirt of Baneful Prowess as something for players like us to shoot for.

Charm of Treasure Boosting (****) +1 treasure pull with only 1 TE equipped
  • Charm of the Faithful
  • 1× Dwarven Steel
  • 1× Minotaur Hide
  • 1× Philosopher’s Stone
    plus any FOUR (×4) of the following (duplicates are fine):
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
  • any 2019 Monster Trophy
We were really looking forward to this one until we saw the recipe.That's a lot of trade goods but at least they aren't hard to get from one token order. But then 4 monster bits. A player wants this so that they can get more treasure pulls to get those monster bits. Perhaps there should be a GP equivalent on this one?

Enchanter's Whetstone (****) +1 to hit and +1 damage to 1 rare weapon
  • +1 Keen Bolt
  • 1× Aragonite
  • 1× Dwarven Steel
  • 1× Elven Bismuth
  • 500 GP equivalent
    plus ONLY ONE of the following:
  • Devil Drake Claw
  • Giant Blood
  • Helkyrie Ichor
  • Troll Shaman Finger
We were really looking forward to this token as well until we see Aragonite and Elven Bismuth in the recipe. Again, who is this for? Anyone who can afford to waste Aragonite and Elven Bismuth for such a small gain probably uses a UR weapon anyway. Would it be possible drop those from the recipe? This would be fun as a two stage recipe with the first staging only giving one of the two effects...but not Aragonite or Elven Bismuth in either.

Bead of the Lucky Traveler (***** Story Arc, aka "4C") +2 to saves and free movement
  • Bead Firehold
  • Elder Orb Eye (2016)
  • Lava Beast Nugget (2016)
  • Spidaur Venom (2016)
  • Succubus Horn (2016)
  • Draccus Scale (2017)
  • Iron Rook Rivet (2017)
  • Old Holly Sprig (2017)
  • Scrael Claw (2017)
  • Devil Drake Claw (2018)
  • Giant Blood (2018)
  • Helkyrie Ichor (2018)
  • Troll Shaman Finger (2018)
  • Monster Trophy #1 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #2 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #3 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #4 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #5 (2019)
  • Monster Trophy #6 (2019)
We were fully expecting this recipe since the Icecrag Hero's Earcuff. We were unable to make the Icecrag Hero's Earcuff because we were missing 1 Genie Vapor that we couldn't find anywhere after extensive searching online. We've been trading and saving monster trophies to make whatever the next story item would be. What a disappointment! This is much worse than the Icecrag Hero's Earcuff and costs a lot more monster bits. Free movement is a worthless effect when the GMs always say it doesn't work because of "magic".

A bunch of random thoughts in there but I guess the summary is that 2018 recipes felt pretty good to players like us and 2019 doesn't because they many are too expensive.


I'm in a similar spot and agree across the board. I was really looking forward to making most of these but the costs don't seem worth it in the long run as I'd just rather save for later or trade the goods for the UR versions.

Agree with the story transmute as well. I was hoping to finish out my 4 sets of monster tokens but I will probably only be able to make 2 unless it is changed to 4 of 6 2019 bits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds