Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #85

Last shot in the dark about either going back to off hand or changing the Eternal Ice Shard Ioun Stone.

+2 melee damage is quite a lot for monks and rangers, out of a slot that they can have up to 5 of, or 7 with a slot expander.

Last year we had a ring that was +3 damage. One can only wear two rings (barring giving up another slot).
We also considered a +5 relic ring, which was nixed due to power issues.

If we are definitely going to do this, maybe make it +1 and move it down to rare?
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #86

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Last shot in the dark about either going back to off hand or changing the Eternal Ice Shard Ioun Stone.

+2 melee damage is quite a lot for monks and rangers, out of a slot that they can have up to 5 of, or 7 with a slot expander.

Last year we had a ring that was +3 damage. One can only wear two rings (barring giving up another slot).
We also considered a +5 relic ring, which was nixed due to power issues.

If we are definitely going to do this, maybe make it +1 and move it down to rare?


Or leave it at ur with 1 damage.

The Ioun Stone Fluorite Cube provides 2 damage to themow very situational wands. Even last year +2 to melee > +2 to wands I think.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #87

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Last shot in the dark about either going back to off hand or changing the Eternal Ice Shard Ioun Stone.

+2 melee damage is quite a lot for monks and rangers, out of a slot that they can have up to 5 of, or 7 with a slot expander.

Last year we had a ring that was +3 damage. One can only wear two rings (barring giving up another slot).
We also considered a +5 relic ring, which was nixed due to power issues.

If we are definitely going to do this, maybe make it +1 and move it down to rare?


Or leave it at ur with 1 damage.

The Ioun Stone Fluorite Cube provides 2 damage to themow very situational wands. Even last year +2 to melee > +2 to wands I think.


I think at +2 everyone wants it and at 1 I’m not sure very many people do.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #88

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I think at +2 everyone wants it and at 1 I’m not sure very many people do.

Your probably right. I would love to see something like "cannot equip shields" to bring back the original intent of the shard but how do you that thematically? Ioun Stone not wanting to see a shield?

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #89

Or an off hand weapon, or slide 2 pucks.

If we want to be thorough
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #90

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Last shot in the dark about either going back to off hand or changing the Eternal Ice Shard Ioun Stone.

+2 melee damage is quite a lot for monks and rangers, out of a slot that they can have up to 5 of, or 7 with a slot expander.

Last year we had a ring that was +3 damage. One can only wear two rings (barring giving up another slot).
We also considered a +5 relic ring, which was nixed due to power issues.

If we are definitely going to do this, maybe make it +1 and move it down to rare?


I did not notice this had changed from off-hand to ioun stone the first time I looked at the updates, and honestly I don't read through the hundreds of posts, so I completely missed this.

This token seems bonkers. In a year steeped in controlling power creep, it seems very out of place.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #91

So using the old draft and going through the class looking at melee classes to promote a damage increase if they don't wear a shield (assuming offhand):

Bard - Not going to be able to use it due to two handed instruments.
Cleric - Adds damage if they don't use a shield and 1 handed ranged (so no Redoubt set)
Druid - Adds damage if they don't use a shield and 1 handed ranged (works for polymorph)
Fighter - use a 1 handed weapon and improve damage if no shield (so no Redoubt set)
Monk - No because FoB are in both Melee
Paladin - use a 1 handed weapon and improve damage if no shield (so no Redoubt set)
Ranger - Likely not depending on ruling
Rogue - Yes great item for them because they can't use shields if they use a 1 handed ranged
Wizards - Wizard staffs are two handed so not likely and not melee


So what we have is a Rogue and maybe Druid item item.

A bunch of Fighter/Cleric classes that probably won't give up their Shield and Redoubt set to get some damage.

That doesn't seem like a good alternative. If you remove the Ranged Off-hand then you promote shield sleaze. If you make it only +1 damage it probably isn't good enough to wear or for a UR. You would probably have to make it +1 to hit and damage.

Other suggestions on a way to encourage dropping the shield for more damage?

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #92

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3152
Crazy idea.

What if the IS: EIC was:
+2 to melee damage when a shield is equipped in melee off hand

Give the sword and board some love.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #93

MasterED wrote: Other suggestions on a way to encourage dropping the shield for more damage?

Ed


Just make it a slotless bonus for 2 handed weapons, or a +5 damage ring for 2 handers.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER FINAL Token Images - ULTRA RARE 1 year 2 months ago #94

Matthew Hayward wrote:

MasterED wrote: Other suggestions on a way to encourage dropping the shield for more damage?

Ed


Just make it a slotless bonus for 2 handed weapons, or a +5 damage ring for 2 handers.

I think you are saying these are equal - 2 handed for no shield. My gut (based upon original token text) was, if someone goes without a shield give them a damage bump (including 1 handed weapons).

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!
Last edit: by MasterED.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds