Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Team Formation/Group Joining

Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 7 months ago #1

  • henwy
  • henwy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Stirring the pot since '94
  • Posts: 7432
As a reference to this thread: truedungeon.com/forum?func=view&catid=556&id=200605

So I don't know if what had been put together is even still active but I know there are some parts that need tinkering with. I think Chris has said for sure that this is going to be his last gencon at least for a bit and I don't know if Rafiq and his brother are still on board or anyone else. So I thought I'd expand the call out as I also check up with everyone who had said they wanted in all those months ago.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



I'm like a ray of sunshine. Cancerous.

Henwy's LiveJournal

Don't make me maul you with my fearsome gonads

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by henwy.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 7 months ago #2

  • henwy
  • henwy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Stirring the pot since '94
  • Posts: 7432
As per most years, we'll probably be picking up full slots and run them mostly back to back if possible on Thursday and part of Friday. I usually try to schedule 3 runs starting thursday afternoonish. 1-3, 3:30-5:30, 8-10 or something along those lines, opening up a larger free time slot around dinner if possible and compacting the other times. If I can I throw in a grind somewhere if there's a gap. Then on friday we usually have one or two runs depending on how the thursday scheduling went and maybe another grind. The idea is to generally go through all 4 adventures once.

I'm not sure how diehard the people who have expressed an interest are and if they'd want to do 4 runs anyway, so I'll probbaly need to find other people to spot fill no matter what along the way.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



I'm like a ray of sunshine. Cancerous.

Henwy's LiveJournal

Don't make me maul you with my fearsome gonads

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by henwy.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 7 months ago #3

Hi there; I'm very very interested in doing a group with forum folks; I would LOVE a cooperative group to get to see what TD can be with some gear and veteran minds. I can't specifically give a time or commitment to a time yet, because of waiting for the Volunteer schedule, but I would like to do a Thursday or Friday very much.

My class preferences are Druid/Monk/Ranger/Barbarian.
I'm mostly rare tokens with about 2-4 UR depending on class. :>
~Feral poly Druid. RWAR~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #4

  • henwy
  • henwy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Stirring the pot since '94
  • Posts: 7432
Just heard from Raf and it looks like he and his brother are out. They're passing on gencon this year so no matter what we're going to need replacement fills.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



I'm like a ray of sunshine. Cancerous.

Henwy's LiveJournal

Don't make me maul you with my fearsome gonads

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #5

I'd be interested in some combat runs as a wizard, cleric or paladin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #6

  • henwy
  • henwy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Stirring the pot since '94
  • Posts: 7432

Zack wrote: My class preferences are Druid/Monk/Ranger/Barbarian.
I'm mostly rare tokens with about 2-4 UR depending on class. :>


You should be aware that all of our runs are Nightmare whenever possible. The only exception is Grind which we usually run on Hardcore because Eric is a dick. Depending on which URs you have, 2-4 might make survival sorta iffy at times.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



I'm like a ray of sunshine. Cancerous.

Henwy's LiveJournal

Don't make me maul you with my fearsome gonads

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #7

henwy wrote: The only exception is Grind which we usually run on Hardcore because Eric is a dick.

LMAO!!
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #8

henwy wrote: You should be aware that all of our runs are Nightmare whenever possible. The only exception is Grind which we usually run on Hardcore because Eric is a dick. Depending on which URs you have, 2-4 might make survival sorta iffy at times.

1. You are forgetting that this past WYC you ran Grind on Nightmare (the New Nightmare, under the new Grind difficulty system)

2. There was that time you died on a Normal difficulty Grind, so it's not as if makes that big of a difference! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #9

{grabs bag of popcorn}
This is gonna be good! :laugh:
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #10

henwy wrote:

Zack wrote: My class preferences are Druid/Monk/Ranger/Barbarian.
I'm mostly rare tokens with about 2-4 UR depending on class. :>


You should be aware that all of our runs are Nightmare whenever possible. The only exception is Grind which we usually run on Hardcore because Eric is a dick. Depending on which URs you have, 2-4 might make survival sorta iffy at times.

Okay, no problem. :) Could you advise what difficulty that gear level is best appropriate for?
~Feral poly Druid. RWAR~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #11

Zack wrote:

henwy wrote:

Zack wrote: My class preferences are Druid/Monk/Ranger/Barbarian.
I'm mostly rare tokens with about 2-4 UR depending on class. :>


You should be aware that all of our runs are Nightmare whenever possible. The only exception is Grind which we usually run on Hardcore because Eric is a dick. Depending on which URs you have, 2-4 might make survival sorta iffy at times.

Okay, no problem. :) Could you advise what difficulty that gear level is best appropriate for?


Hardcore definitely, Nightmare if you are willing to burn a TON of consumables. One of the problems with relying on those consumables is that it takes actions from the team, making it less efficient.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Team Formation/Group Joining 4 years 6 months ago #12

Id say hardcore.
Normal should be no gear requirements.
Hardcore with rares+
Nightmare with UR+

granted any difficulty should be playable with any gear, really just depends on how much of a challenge you want :-P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds