Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con)

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #25

Raven wrote: Then they did over 200pts of damage before she could drop the illusion.


That was my 9AM Saturday team IIRC, nice work guys!

Raven wrote: I think half the parties tried to mute the Medusa, and 3 of those succeeded. One valiant Bard tried 5 times to mute her (all 4 casting slots, plus a Carter's Tome were used) and she made her saving throw every time.


That was my Sunday pick-up Grind... not only did I fail to mute her, she destroyed my Mystical Lute :(
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #26

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Raven wrote: I think half the parties tried to mute the Medusa, and 3 of those succeeded. One valiant Bard tried 5 times to mute her (all 4 casting slots, plus a Carter's Tome were used) and she made her saving throw every time.


That was my Sunday pick-up Grind... not only did I fail to mute her, she destroyed my Mystical Lute :(


Yes - the Medusa was not fond of music ; )

I think I destroyed 4 Lutes, and a Relic Bow. On the remaining 3 runs, either the bard wasn't on my side for me to target, or the party killed me too fast to use my Shatter spell.
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Raven.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #27

Raven wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Raven wrote: I think half the parties tried to mute the Medusa, and 3 of those succeeded. One valiant Bard tried 5 times to mute her (all 4 casting slots, plus a Carter's Tome were used) and she made her saving throw every time.


That was my Sunday pick-up Grind... not only did I fail to mute her, she destroyed my Mystical Lute :(


Yes - the Medusa was not fond of music ; )

I think I destroyed 4 Lutes, and a Relic Bow. On the remaining 3 runs, either the bard wasn't on my side for me to target, or the party killed me too fast to use my Shatter spell.


I had a ton of spare weapons with me, and I don't normally play Bard, but it sounds like I need to start bringing extra instruments just in case?
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #28

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Raven wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Raven wrote: I think half the parties tried to mute the Medusa, and 3 of those succeeded. One valiant Bard tried 5 times to mute her (all 4 casting slots, plus a Carter's Tome were used) and she made her saving throw every time.


That was my Sunday pick-up Grind... not only did I fail to mute her, she destroyed my Mystical Lute :(


Yes - the Medusa was not fond of music ; )

I think I destroyed 4 Lutes, and a Relic Bow. On the remaining 3 runs, either the bard wasn't on my side for me to target, or the party killed me too fast to use my Shatter spell.


I had a ton of spare weapons with me, and I don't normally play Bard, but it sounds like I need to start bringing extra instruments just in case?


LOL now that I think of it Kirk, I had 2 Widseth's in my backpack that I was looking to trade... I doubt you could have used it, since it wasn't equipped, and was a duplicate.
You don't have to outrun the monster, just the guy next to you - The buddy system.

Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #29

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5735

Alvin Oliver wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Raven wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Raven wrote: I think half the parties tried to mute the Medusa, and 3 of those succeeded. One valiant Bard tried 5 times to mute her (all 4 casting slots, plus a Carter's Tome were used) and she made her saving throw every time.


That was my Sunday pick-up Grind... not only did I fail to mute her, she destroyed my Mystical Lute :(


Yes - the Medusa was not fond of music ; )

I think I destroyed 4 Lutes, and a Relic Bow. On the remaining 3 runs, either the bard wasn't on my side for me to target, or the party killed me too fast to use my Shatter spell.


I had a ton of spare weapons with me, and I don't normally play Bard, but it sounds like I need to start bringing extra instruments just in case?


LOL now that I think of it Kirk, I had 2 Widseth's in my backpack that I was looking to trade... I doubt you could have used it, since it wasn't equipped, and was a duplicate.


Thats a good question actually. If you have several instruments you can switch between them. The duplicate rule should kick in to prevent you from equipping several copies of an item with the same name but could you keep backup copies of an instrument on you similarly to how you keep backup weapons in case of rust monsters.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #30

I took off my armor, as a Dwarf Fighter, on the Friday 3 PM run. Only had to get through 3 more rounds of combat, I believe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #31

You did? D'oh - I somehow didn't register that, or I would have been aiming for your new, lower AC.


Also, re: Instruments, I did have a couple bards switch to Briano's or to Lyre of Lore, when I shattered their instruments. I know equipment is supposed to be locked in, but I've heard it said several times that bards can swap instruments during combat. (Don't have a citation on that at the moment, though.)
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #32

Raven wrote: You did? D'oh - I somehow didn't register that, or I would have been aiming for your new, lower AC.


Also, re: Instruments, I did have a couple bards switch to Briano's or to Lyre of Lore, when I shattered their instruments. I know equipment is supposed to be locked in, but I've heard it said several times that bards can swap instruments during combat. (Don't have a citation on that at the moment, though.)


What if I had several copies of Widseth's Lute, could I equip a new one?
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #33

Raven wrote: You did? D'oh - I somehow didn't register that, or I would have been aiming for your new, lower AC.


Also, re: Instruments, I did have a couple bards switch to Briano's or to Lyre of Lore, when I shattered their instruments. I know equipment is supposed to be locked in, but I've heard it said several times that bards can swap instruments during combat. (Don't have a citation on that at the moment, though.)


Yeah, I asked if I could do it as a Free Action, and did it after the first round of fire damage so I would take less due to not wanting to lose my metal weapon. I think the Barbarian was smashing for more damage than me, so you may have focused your ire/fire on him :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #34

Kirk Bauer wrote: What if I had several copies of Widseth's Lute, could I equip a new one?


I think that falls under "Equipping multiple items of the same name" ... No, you would not be able to equip a new Widseth's Lute any more than a Rogue could equip a new Masterwork Tools if their first one fails.
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #35

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5735

Raven wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: What if I had several copies of Widseth's Lute, could I equip a new one?


I think that falls under "Equipping multiple items of the same name" ... No, you would not be able to equip a new Widseth's Lute any more than a Rogue could equip a new Masterwork Tools if their first one fails.


But is the instrument actually equipped or is it more like a weapon.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: True Grind Post-Mortem (2015 Who's Yer Con) 4 years 6 months ago #36

My take on it is thusly...
Switching bard instruments is a free action.action
That part is certain.

This part less so

Bard instruments are slot less and don't technically get equipped.
If one were to get destroyed you should be able to show a second one as a replacement.

Masterwork tools are a once per game action and thus are restricted from being used more than once no matter how many you own. Bard tools are not like this. Further more I would argue that if your thieves tools were destroyed before you used them you could present a secon pair and use those.

The key is the one use per game items cannot be used a second time.
Sweet a combat room, we won't take damage!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds