Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: You're Ducked!

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #13

:)


A couple of years ago when I ran across one (rubber duck) on my very first Nightmare run. The DM warned me that touching one on Nightmare difficulty was insta-death.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Graven.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #14

I wonder if Jeff would have a problem with the forum people printing up some Duck tokens to leave as landmines in the dungeon next year. Use his printing company but specifically have the token backs say something like Druegar's Dungeon Tools so no one potentially confuses them for real tokens. Maybe make them Aqua or Pink? A color not used for tokens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #15

I suspect fan made ducks will become a viable option when were out of polymeric decoys (at last a use for lore tokens). Not sure if Jeff would want to give up the secrets of how or with who tokens are printed (not sure I blame him).
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #16

Picc wrote: I suspect fan made ducks will become a viable option when were out of polymeric decoys (at last a use for lore tokens). Not sure if Jeff would want to give up the secrets of how or with who tokens are printed (not sure I blame him).


Ah, very true.

I guess I just assumed someone knew who they were printed by.

Heck, maybe someone (Druegar) could design the tokens, forumites could go in on printing costs and Jeff could have them printed so that his supplier stays secret :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #17

Or we could just leave actual ducks.

Well, not live ducks. Rubber ones, perhaps.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #18

People are already doing that. I saw at least 2 rubber ducks in Viper.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #19

jedibcg wrote: People are already doing that. I saw at least 2 rubber ducks in Viper.


lol, yep. Saw one myself. Also saw one made out of soap. Let's just hope it doesn't go too far.
You can't fix stupid but you can TPK it.

"Mamma always said that True Dungeon is like a box of Drow Poisons. Ya never know how you're gonna die."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by cdsmith.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #20

I have one thing to say to you:
Mini Glow-In-The-Dark Rubber Ducks
Forum Name: Milambus
Real Name: Jake Fitch
Main Class: Monk

Buy my Stuff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Milambus (Jake).

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #21

TPTB have requested, on multiple occasions, that players not leave tokens in the dungeon.

Nobody loves a good gag more than I do, but speaking personally (not officially!), I think leaving "homemade" tokens in the dungeon is a doubly-bad idea. Sure, the very few people who frequent the forums would get the joke. But the thousands of players who go through each year that never step foot in the forum would not. In fact, they would almost certainly think they're real and run screaming to Jeff when told (rightly so) that it's not a real token.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but please do not do this!
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #22

Druegar wrote: TPTB have requested, on multiple occasions, that players not leave tokens in the dungeon.


Nobody loves a good gag more than I do, but speaking personally (not officially!), I think leaving "homemade" tokens in the dungeon is a doubly-bad idea. Sure, the very few people who frequent the forums would get the joke. But the thousands of players who go through each year that never step foot in the forum would not. In fact, they would almost certainly think they're real and run screaming to Jeff when told (rightly so) that it's not a real token.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but please do not do this!


Bah, fair enough.

Needs to be something we keep among ourselves

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #23

Harlax wrote: Or we could just leave actual ducks.

Well, not live ducks. Rubber ones, perhaps.


Wait, I think you are on to something sir. We COULD leave live ducks... that would sure confuse the party!
If you liked my room, my name is Steve. If you didn't like my room, my name is Hoolio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: You're Ducked! 4 years 9 months ago #24

I know if I walked into a TD room and there was a live duck in it I would be very suspicious of it and may sit in the room and take push damage.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds