Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Write Your Newbie Tips!

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #61

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: FYI new peeps
If you are mailing tokens and want to tape them inside an envelope
please put them in something before taping them.
tape on tokens sucks


Definitely a good tip. I have been putting them in a baggie, wrapping the baggie up with tape, and then taping the baggie inside the envelope and haven't heard any complaints yet.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #62

Kirk Bauer wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: FYI new peeps
If you are mailing tokens and want to tape them inside an envelope
please put them in something before taping them.
tape on tokens sucks


Definitely a good tip. I have been putting them in a baggie, wrapping the baggie up with tape, and then taping the baggie inside the envelope and haven't heard any complaints yet.

that is fine and works well
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #63

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: FYI new peeps
If you are mailing tokens and want to tape them inside an envelope
please put them in something before taping them.
tape on tokens sucks


Oh my god yes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #64

CJ Heintz wrote:

Alvin Oliver wrote: Never pick up a duck in a dungeon....

Always listen to the GM...

Always thank your GM as you leave the room!!!


Why don't you pick up a duck? I saw the one in the egg room of the Viper's Pit. What's the story behind it?


It's very simple. To an old school D&D player, finding a duck in a dungeon should provoke an immediate fight-or-flight response. After all, can you think of any good reason for a duck to be in a dungeon? Therefore, the likely reason is perfidious dungeonmastering. :D

So... Don't look at the duck. Don't talk to the duck. Don't pick up the duck. And for God's sake, don't attack the duck. Just leave, slowly, without alarming it. And if you cast detect anything on it, you'll be sorry.

Similarly, never eat from jars of mayonaisse you find in orc lairs, never investigate derelict Winnebagos in an abandoned dwarven mine, and never pull a sword out of a stone without reading the inscription VERY carefully...
There's a reason my lute plays itself...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #65

And if you play Munchkin, it says so right on the card. :evil:

Someone has probably said this already, but you can enter the training room 30 minutes before your start time. Do so. Really. Please.

It makes coaching so much easier.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #66

I would also have to say that should you disagree with a DM's call, regardless of what that call is, wait until *after* the combat is resolved to discuss it (argue) with them. Doing it *during* combat really not only frustrates the DM, but is also (imho) disrespectful to your teammates by wasting their time.

If you do feel that a debate, correction or explanation is warranted, then please try to be as respectful as possible. Remember, the DM is a VOLUNTEER & donating their time for your enjoyment. Things can get hectic in combat & mistakes happen.

Try not to get stressed about it & go all aggro. Nobody, & I mean NOBODY, likes "that guy" in the dungeon...
There's a reason my lute plays itself...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #67

Harlax wrote: And if you play Munchkin, it says so right on the card. :evil:

Someone has probably said this already, but you can enter the training room 30 minutes before your start time. Do so. Really. Please.

It makes coaching so much easier.


Huh, good to know

*not that i don't show up with a fully filled out party card anyway*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #68

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Harlax wrote: And if you play Munchkin, it says so right on the card. :evil:

Someone has probably said this already, but you can enter the training room 30 minutes before your start time. Do so. Really. Please.

It makes coaching so much easier.


Huh, good to know

*not that i don't show up with a fully filled out party card anyway*


You should get a cookie and milk for that!
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #69

Harlax wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Harlax wrote: And if you play Munchkin, it says so right on the card. :evil:

Someone has probably said this already, but you can enter the training room 30 minutes before your start time. Do so. Really. Please.

It makes coaching so much easier.


Huh, good to know

*not that i don't show up with a fully filled out party card anyway*


You should get a cookie and milk for that!


I HATE not having a card ready for the GM. At the minimum my card includes my group (3 people), my extended group (5 people) or the card of anyone who's provided me info ahead of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #70

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: FYI new peeps
If you are mailing tokens and want to tape them inside an envelope
please put them in something before taping them.
tape on tokens sucks


Agreed. The sticky residue is really annoying. In such cases, I usually have to wash the tokens and give them a good scrubbing! :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 11 months ago #71

Your character card will be supplied. Do not buy a used one, especially if it's $30 on ebay.
You can find more info on individual tokens at www.tokendb.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Write Your Newbie Tips! 4 years 2 months ago #72

Hey, Newbies, this is here!

Too bad I can't move it out of 2014...
You can find more info on individual tokens at www.tokendb.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds