Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Transmute vs buy CoA?

Transmute vs buy CoA? 1 month 4 weeks ago #1

I’m looking forward to getting a CoA. Hoping to get some wisdom from the forums.

I understand in general it’s less expensive to buy a legendary from the secondary market then transmute it. The upcoming new transmute for CoA appears to “cost” slightly under $1400 in materials based on the current 2023 pre order auction prices for trade goods/pyp. Do people expect that secondary market value of a CoA to drop to at/below that level? Or is price memory of it being $2000+ going to cause crafting to be the better option?

If crafting is going to be best I’d like to pick up the trade goods during the pre order frenzy when they seam cheaper, but i’m happy to just buy the token from someone if it’s going to be more adorable.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute vs buy CoA? 1 month 4 weeks ago #2

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6873
Direct buy is almost always the most cost effective since someone usually has trade good they're looking to burn. However in this case I think the new formula will scrub price memory just about instantly, I suspect it will also form a floor though. I wouldn't expect to see any 1k COAs but I also wouldn't expect any to go for more then the cost of goods for the next few years.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute vs buy CoA? 1 month 4 weeks ago #3

You can buy now, you can't transmute (with the new hotness recipe) until the recipe goes live, for which we don't have a confirmed date, only that it's not available currently.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute vs buy CoA? 1 month 4 weeks ago #4

macxdmg wrote: You can buy now, you can't transmute (with the new hotness recipe) until the recipe goes live, for which we don't have a confirmed date, only that it's not available currently.


Jan 9th confirmed for transmuting the new CoA.

truedungeon.com/treasure-enhancers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute vs buy CoA? 1 month 4 weeks ago #5

WM13 wrote:

macxdmg wrote: You can buy now, you can't transmute (with the new hotness recipe) until the recipe goes live, for which we don't have a confirmed date, only that it's not available currently.


Jan 9th confirmed for transmuting the new CoA.

truedungeon.com/treasure-enhancers


oh, well that changes my understanding! thanks
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute vs buy CoA? 1 month 4 weeks ago #6

WM13 wrote:

macxdmg wrote: You can buy now, you can't transmute (with the new hotness recipe) until the recipe goes live, for which we don't have a confirmed date, only that it's not available currently.


Jan 9th confirmed for transmuting the new CoA.

truedungeon.com/treasure-enhancers


Le sigh...well, on the bright side, I was looking for a solid reason to keep vs sell my two CoA after gameholecon;. And tanking the value by a few hundred dollars is a decent reason to just keep them.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transmute vs buy CoA? 1 month 4 weeks ago #7

Picc wrote: Direct buy is almost always the most cost effective since someone usually has trade good they're looking to burn. However in this case I think the new formula will scrub price memory just about instantly, I suspect it will also form a floor though. I wouldn't expect to see any 1k COAs but I also wouldn't expect any to go for more then the cost of goods for the next few years.


The ceiling on the price should stick for quite awhile since there will be an in-print Bead for the next six years. I am interested in seeing what the floor will be, if it will go below the cost of the ingredients like many transmutes do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds