Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026)

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #25

Looking forward to new transmute.

However serious disappointment that effectively there's no use for 20-22 bits. I don't run a bunch compared to many folks here but i've got a pile of bits that really aren't worth the shipping to use anything with. Would love to fine some way to use them. I don't have the trade goods or wallet to work on relics and legendary's and those that do near certainly don't need monster bits so there's for now and have been little value or incentive to trade bits for other stuff i can use.

Even some way to use them as wildcards instead of some of the tier 1 trade goods in exalted and enhanced transmutes or even like use bits to help make other trade goods or allow more of them to be used in map making) would at least give some purpose for them.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

My trade thread:
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=248097#315668 Matt's Humble Trade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #26

Matt wrote: Looking forward to new transmute.

However serious disappointment that effectively there's no use for 20-22 bits. I don't run a bunch compared to many folks here but i've got a pile of bits that really aren't worth the shipping to use anything with. Would love to fine some way to use them. I don't have the trade goods or wallet to work on relics and legendary's and those that do near certainly don't need monster bits so there's for now and have been little value or incentive to trade bits for other stuff i can use.

Even some way to use them as wildcards instead of some of the tier 1 trade goods in exalted and enhanced transmutes or even like use bits to help make other trade goods or allow more of them to be used in map making) would at least give some purpose for them.


Turn them in to Fleece. Just because the price of Fleece is depressed now doesn't mean it will stay that way. I can see TD increasing Fleece requirements in future transmute recipes, and people will start hording Bits over the next few year's for the 4C transmutes so supply will drop and prices will rebound.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #27

Rob F wrote:

Matt wrote: Looking forward to new transmute.

However serious disappointment that effectively there's no use for 20-22 bits. I don't run a bunch compared to many folks here but i've got a pile of bits that really aren't worth the shipping to use anything with. Would love to fine some way to use them. I don't have the trade goods or wallet to work on relics and legendary's and those that do near certainly don't need monster bits so there's for now and have been little value or incentive to trade bits for other stuff i can use.

Even some way to use them as wildcards instead of some of the tier 1 trade goods in exalted and enhanced transmutes or even like use bits to help make other trade goods or allow more of them to be used in map making) would at least give some purpose for them.


Turn them in to Fleece. Just because the price of Fleece is depressed now doesn't mean it will stay that way. I can see TD increasing Fleece requirements in future transmute recipes, and people will start hording Bits over the next few year's for the 4C transmutes so supply will drop and prices will rebound.


This is what we really need, a transmute token that leans a little more on fleece. I understand TD not wanting to have requirements that force players to acquire older tokens, but GF are not year specific. Take monster bits from any year (old or new) and turn them into GF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #28

Rob F wrote:

Matt wrote: Looking forward to new transmute.

However serious disappointment that effectively there's no use for 20-22 bits. I don't run a bunch compared to many folks here but i've got a pile of bits that really aren't worth the shipping to use anything with. Would love to fine some way to use them. I don't have the trade goods or wallet to work on relics and legendary's and those that do near certainly don't need monster bits so there's for now and have been little value or incentive to trade bits for other stuff i can use.

Even some way to use them as wildcards instead of some of the tier 1 trade goods in exalted and enhanced transmutes or even like use bits to help make other trade goods or allow more of them to be used in map making) would at least give some purpose for them.


Turn them in to Fleece. Just because the price of Fleece is depressed now doesn't mean it will stay that way. I can see TD increasing Fleece requirements in future transmute recipes, and people will start hording Bits over the next few year's for the 4C transmutes so supply will drop and prices will rebound.


I'm sure I'll be buying lots of Fleece in the next few years, since I'll probably be saving most of my 2023-2026 monster bits for the 4C transmute. I do love that we're still using the 4C terminology. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #29

Mike Steele wrote: I'm sure I'll be buying lots of Fleece in the next few years, since I'll probably be saving most of my 2023-2026 monster bits for the 4C transmute. I do love that we're still using the 4C terminology. :)


What does 4C represent as a noob I know not this term.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #30

I think 4 year completion … or combo I think.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #31

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 3007

Kusig wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'm sure I'll be buying lots of Fleece in the next few years, since I'll probably be saving most of my 2023-2026 monster bits for the 4C transmute. I do love that we're still using the 4C terminology. :)


What does 4C represent as a noob I know not this term.


According to the Token Guide Compendium (found here) the "C" in 4C represents Constructed or "Combo" tokens. Meaning the tokens are "constructed" by the player.

The word "Combo" is mentioned a few times in the guide. Here's one place from page 171:

Constructed (Combo) Tokens:
These tokens are “constructed” by the player. During specified times and at specified locations, players can exchange a set of tokens (Ingredient list) for one of these special Combo Tokens. Tokens may be made only in the year they are offered. These tokens can be used in the game and have the functionality and restrictions listed. These tokens are printed in a special blue ink to indicate their origin as a constructed or Combo Token. Each of these tokens bears a (or set of) cauldron symbol(s). These symbols indicate rarity of the item (similar to the color class of normal tokens) and the difficulty to create it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #32

Trent wrote:

Kusig wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: I'm sure I'll be buying lots of Fleece in the next few years, since I'll probably be saving most of my 2023-2026 monster bits for the 4C transmute. I do love that we're still using the 4C terminology. :)


What does 4C represent as a noob I know not this term.


According to the Token Guide Compendium (found here) the "C" in 4C represents Constructed or "Combo" tokens. Meaning the tokens are "constructed" by the player.

The word "Combo" is mentioned a few times in the guide. Here's one place from page 171:

Constructed (Combo) Tokens:
These tokens are “constructed” by the player. During specified times and at specified locations, players can exchange a set of tokens (Ingredient list) for one of these special Combo Tokens. Tokens may be made only in the year they are offered. These tokens can be used in the game and have the functionality and restrictions listed. These tokens are printed in a special blue ink to indicate their origin as a constructed or Combo Token. Each of these tokens bears a (or set of) cauldron symbol(s). These symbols indicate rarity of the item (similar to the color class of normal tokens) and the difficulty to create it.


To go into it a bit further, there are only two official "4C" tokens per TokenDB.com, which was the most difficult to transmute. They are the Dragon Tooth Amulet and the Medallion of Greyhawk. They are both "Storyline" transmutes in that the main part of their recipe was the monster tokens from those years. It looks like the last year of "combo" tokens was 2011, so all the rest of the "storyline" transmutes were Relic Transmutes but they still kept the "4C" nickname. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #33

Seems unlikely that any sort of usual recipe will deplete Fleece.

Every time some of us try to point out that Fleece should be increased in usual recipes, gets shot down. Arcanum stuff could have all taken 3x GF, for instance (also, 3x all TGs).

Then, the supply is just so much higher. It's not a spike. It's an ongoing problem that the amount of treasure going into circulation is vastly higher with VTD and increased player treasure pulls. While overcorrecting can lead to other problems, at least should try to have demand keep up with supply.

I saw some comments about 2022 stuff will just go to Maps. That will be insignificant. The supply of 2022 bits is vastly higher than the amount of Maps that will get made.

I don't remotely buy that somehow anyone missed out because they chose not to play VTD in 2020-2022 any more than anyone missed out in any year because they chose not to do something, but, ignoring that it feels like getting screwed with junk, what is the plan to have demand actually come anywhere close to supply?

Or, should MBs just be essentially as worthless as Planks? I don't see how 2023-2026 will be better unless something changes, like reducing drop rate on MBs to 10% or whatever as there's still far more treasure going out in comparison to earlier years when the balance would have been vastly different. Of course, we see what happens when things like that happen with 2019 MBs, where it's highly disruptive to expectations in a different way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #34

Figure GF are heading to below $20 each and close to what 1K gp will bring. No unexpected though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #35

Thanks for planning this far out.

I like being able to know what's coming to prioritize collecting and trading. These multi-year tokens are great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The next "4C" Transmute (coming in 2026) 2 months 3 days ago #36

The C stands for Cauldron.

Before transmuted, there were combo tokens, with different amounts of cauldron's depicting rarity. 4 Cauldrons was equivalent to relic level rarity, and there have only 2 made, for the ending of 2 storylines. Nowadays I sometimes refer to them as Storyline relics, for those not familiar with the "4C" connotation.

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds