Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #1

So, can you use the upcoming Grunnel's Funnel to administer Potion Death's Door to an ally to revive them?

It seems to me that PDD is a healing potion worth 1 HP, and has the side effect of "Removes Effect: Dead" so it would be eligible, unlike the other revival consumables for various reasons. Do I have that right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #2

I think the ruling was that it sets your life to 1hp and doesn't heal but I'm sure Dreamcrusher will be here soon enough to clarify.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #3

Kusig wrote: I think the ruling was that it sets your life to 1hp and doesn't heal but I'm sure Dreamcrusher will be here soon enough to clarify.


The tokendb in fact does say this.

This item’s restorative power is not modified by magic items which increase the effectiveness of heals. E.g., if the ingester of this item has Girdle of Wealful Health equipped, the ingester returns to life with just 1 HP, not 2.
So I would say you are right.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #4

I misread the title of this thread as "Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funeral", which was quite concerning...
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current Rogue Build

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #5

Iross wrote: I misread the title of this thread as "Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funeral", which was quite concerning...


Would that truly be such a bad thing?
This thread is nuts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #6

gibgub wrote:

Iross wrote: I misread the title of this thread as "Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funeral", which was quite concerning...


Would that truly be such a bad thing?


Don't make me share a squirrel stew recipe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #7

Kusig wrote:

gibgub wrote:

Iross wrote: I misread the title of this thread as "Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funeral", which was quite concerning...


Would that truly be such a bad thing?


Don't make me share a squirrel stew recipe.


Good heavens they're multiplying.
This thread is nuts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #8

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 7117

gibgub wrote:

Kusig wrote:

gibgub wrote:

Iross wrote: I misread the title of this thread as "Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funeral", which was quite concerning...


Would that truly be such a bad thing?


Don't make me share a squirrel stew recipe.


Good heavens they're multiplying.


I thought you were dead?
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #9

BasicBraining wrote: So, can you use the upcoming Grunnel's Funnel to administer Potion Death's Door to an ally to revive them?

It seems to me that PDD is a healing potion worth 1 HP, and has the side effect of "Removes Effect: Dead" so it would be eligible, unlike the other revival consumables for various reasons. Do I have that right?

first how can you pour something if you are dead....PoDD is not a healing potion. It is a resurrection potion. So if you took 200 points of damage from a monster... and died...you can be resurrected from the potion.so its not 1 point heal. There are many levels of dead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #10

Picc wrote:

gibgub wrote:

Kusig wrote:

gibgub wrote:

Iross wrote: I misread the title of this thread as "Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funeral", which was quite concerning...


Would that truly be such a bad thing?


Don't make me share a squirrel stew recipe.


Good heavens they're multiplying.


I thought you were dead?


Malicious rumors spread by goblins I assure you. While I admit it has been some time since I saw you last. Rest well well knowing I have been anxiously awaiting your return here on dry land this whole time.

It pains me to hear the goblin ring leader may have drawn you into some malicious plan involving, what was it, a "Funnel" ?
This thread is nuts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gibgub.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #11

BasicBraining wrote: So, can you use the upcoming Grunnel's Funnel to administer Potion Death's Door to an ally to revive them?

The TDb description for Potion Death's Door now answers that question.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potion of Death's Door + Grunnel's Funnel 1 year 9 months ago #12

Druegar wrote:

BasicBraining wrote: So, can you use the upcoming Grunnel's Funnel to administer Potion Death's Door to an ally to revive them?

The TDb description for Potion Death's Door now answers that question.


Sad :( While you're here can you tell me if gibgub is a legal target for Ghost Accelerator. I have a feeling he may be a ghost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds