Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens?

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #1

Hello, everyone.

I wanted to find a solution for my character token storage so I can stop using a dice bag. Does anyone have any experience with these Whitman binders and pages?

whitman.com/universal-binder-coin/
whitman.com/41mm-album-page/

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #2

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2999
I've tried them, but over time I don't like how the plastic inserts work. They don't line up well for my taste (you can push them too far in or out).

But if you're not pulling the tokens in/out a lot, they're worth a try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #3

My preference is for the optima F binders and binder sheets. Have several Optima Fs now, and 2 of those binders and a clamshell binder page (great for Charms of Avarice, Skulls of Cavadar, etc) fit perfectly in a battlefoam C4 bag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #4

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1720
I use Whitman binders for my main build and Trent's binders for everything else, just because space is a premium in my bag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #5

James wrote: I use Whitman binders for my main build and Trent's binders for everything else, just because space is a premium in my bag.


How do you like it? Any issues? The reason I wanted a Whitman binder is because it's smaller than the binders Trent sells.

Also, looks like 41mm pages are sold out everywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kresimir Sicel.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #6

I use the Eage Coin Collection Album .

It's about 9x6 inches
Holds 150 (i have about 100 in mine)
I personally like it because it's small (like a diary)
It's thin even with 100 tokens in it as shown in the pic below.
The main reason I got it though was because the pockets have a little flap where you insert the token, so even if you hold it upside down nothing falls out. They tokens also fit nice and snug in them.
This is where i carry my build.

For my extra tokens I bought some sheets off of Trent's site.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Krym.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #7

Krym wrote: I use the Eage Coin Collection Album .

It's about 9x6 inches
Holds 150 (i have about 100 in mine)
I personally like it because it's small (like a diary)
It's thin even with 100 tokens in it as shown in the pic below.
The main reason I got it though was because the pockets have a little flap where you insert the token, so even if you hold it upside down nothing falls out. They tokens also fit nice and snug in them.
This is where i carry my build.

For my extra tokens I bought some sheets off of Trent's site.


That looks pretty good for character tokens, and it's inexpensive. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #8

Krym wrote: I use the Eage Coin Collection Album .

It's about 9x6 inches
Holds 150 (i have about 100 in mine)
I personally like it because it's small (like a diary)
It's thin even with 100 tokens in it as shown in the pic below.
The main reason I got it though was because the pockets have a little flap where you insert the token, so even if you hold it upside down nothing falls out. They tokens also fit nice and snug in them.
This is where i carry my build.

For my extra tokens I bought some sheets off of Trent's site.


I like the look of this. You say you have 100 Tokens in there? At 15 Tokens a page that would be 7 pages but from the pick it looks to be only 4 or 5 pages. Does it really sit that flat with 100 Tokens? Do you think you could close it all the way with 150? I'm considering getting a few.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #9

Rob F wrote: I like the look of this. You say you have 100 Tokens in there? At 15 Tokens a page that would be 7 pages but from the pick it looks to be only 4 or 5 pages. Does it really sit that flat with 100 Tokens? Do you think you could close it all the way with 150? I'm considering getting a few.


I filled it up and took 2 more pics so you can get a better view.

The pic where it is obviously popped open is all 10 pages filled for 150 tokens.
The pic where it is very slightly popped open is 8 pages filled at 120 tokens.
So, you'd probably want to stay at 7-8 pages filled (105-120) tokens otherwise you might risk the pages ripping from the spine if it's forced to close all the way. It is meant for normal coins (quarters) and not tokens.

But for $11 it has been awesome. I have 2 (myself & wife) which I've had for at least 3 years and we've loved it. Now if I could find someone who could make this same thing with a personal cover I'd be really happy. Maybe I'll try looking on Etsy and see if anyone can modify it so the cover is cooler looking.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 2 weeks ago #10

Krym wrote:

Rob F wrote: I like the look of this. You say you have 100 Tokens in there? At 15 Tokens a page that would be 7 pages but from the pick it looks to be only 4 or 5 pages. Does it really sit that flat with 100 Tokens? Do you think you could close it all the way with 150? I'm considering getting a few.


I filled it up and took 2 more pics so you can get a better view.

The pic where it is obviously popped open is all 10 pages filled for 150 tokens.
The pic where it is very slightly popped open is 8 pages filled at 120 tokens.
So, you'd probably want to stay at 7-8 pages filled (105-120) tokens otherwise you might risk the pages ripping from the spine if it's forced to close all the way. It is meant for normal coins (quarters) and not tokens.

But for $11 it has been awesome. I have 2 (myself & wife) which I've had for at least 3 years and we've loved it. Now if I could find someone who could make this same thing with a personal cover I'd be really happy. Maybe I'll try looking on Etsy and see if anyone can modify it so the cover is cooler looking.


Thank you for taking the pics. I already ordered one, should have it on Sunday. 7 pages is plenty for me. Might cut the rest of the pages out too. As for the cover, I'm looking for a TD sticker to slap on it, might buy some sticker paper and print my own custom cover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 1 week ago #11

Krym wrote:

Rob F wrote: I like the look of this. You say you have 100 Tokens in there? At 15 Tokens a page that would be 7 pages but from the pick it looks to be only 4 or 5 pages. Does it really sit that flat with 100 Tokens? Do you think you could close it all the way with 150? I'm considering getting a few.


I filled it up and took 2 more pics so you can get a better view.

The pic where it is obviously popped open is all 10 pages filled for 150 tokens.
The pic where it is very slightly popped open is 8 pages filled at 120 tokens.
So, you'd probably want to stay at 7-8 pages filled (105-120) tokens otherwise you might risk the pages ripping from the spine if it's forced to close all the way. It is meant for normal coins (quarters) and not tokens.

But for $11 it has been awesome. I have 2 (myself & wife) which I've had for at least 3 years and we've loved it. Now if I could find someone who could make this same thing with a personal cover I'd be really happy. Maybe I'll try looking on Etsy and see if anyone can modify it so the cover is cooler looking.


I bought these glossy vinyl sticker sheets from Amazon, made this design and stuck it on the front. Looks pretty cool. My work printer didn't like the vinyl stock so there are a few imperfections. I'll take it to Staples and see if they can do any better.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kresimir Sicel.

Is anyone using Whitman binders for their tokens? 3 months 1 week ago #12

Kresimir Sicel wrote:

Krym wrote:

Rob F wrote: I like the look of this. You say you have 100 Tokens in there? At 15 Tokens a page that would be 7 pages but from the pick it looks to be only 4 or 5 pages. Does it really sit that flat with 100 Tokens? Do you think you could close it all the way with 150? I'm considering getting a few.


I filled it up and took 2 more pics so you can get a better view.

The pic where it is obviously popped open is all 10 pages filled for 150 tokens.
The pic where it is very slightly popped open is 8 pages filled at 120 tokens.
So, you'd probably want to stay at 7-8 pages filled (105-120) tokens otherwise you might risk the pages ripping from the spine if it's forced to close all the way. It is meant for normal coins (quarters) and not tokens.

But for $11 it has been awesome. I have 2 (myself & wife) which I've had for at least 3 years and we've loved it. Now if I could find someone who could make this same thing with a personal cover I'd be really happy. Maybe I'll try looking on Etsy and see if anyone can modify it so the cover is cooler looking.


I bought these glossy vinyl sticker sheets from Amazon, made this design and stuck it on the front. Looks pretty cool. My work printer didn't like the vinyl stock so there are a few imperfections. I'll take it to Staples and see if they can do any better.


Wow that's really cool!! Can you send a link to the vinyl sticker sheets you used?
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds