Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Completion token: Belt of the brave

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #61

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Anthony Barnstable wrote: I for one welcome this new belt, because it means I will advocate in 2022 for it to be reprinted in the set as a rare in packs using the Amulet of Shock precedent :)


I assume you mean boots of shocking step?


Thank you, yes. I should probably use the correct token next year when I make the case :)
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #62

Everyone mentioning the astral event knows it is likely a 2022 event right? Not to say that it cannot have a 2021 token, but just want to make sure everyone remebers the date got pushed to 2022 if events are safe to attend in 2022.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #63

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: Everyone mentioning the astral event knows it is likely a 2022 event right? Not to say that it cannot have a 2021 token, but just want to make sure everyone remebers the date got pushed to 2022 if events are safe to attend in 2022.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #64

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: I came up with 1 positive for this belt. It can burn through Hitchhiking Ghost: Shog to make them even rarer...hmmm maybe that isn't a positive....


I suspect that is actually why it was put in, to reinforce the shog.

I agree it is more powerful than most of its UR counterparts.

Perhaps a good solution would be to make it a completion token you can only get after completing all the adventures of the season?

There is one thing we hadn’t considered. What if it is the completion token for the Cavadar teeth run? If that is the case, it seems more than appropriate.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #65

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: I came up with 1 positive for this belt. It can burn through Hitchhiking Ghost: Shog to make them even rarer...hmmm maybe that isn't a positive....


I suspect that is actually why it was put in, to reinforce the shog.

I agree it is more powerful than most of its UR counterparts.

Perhaps a good solution would be to make it a completion token you can only get after completing all the adventures of the season?

There is one thing we hadn’t considered. What if it is the completion token for the Cavadar teeth run? If that is the case, it seems more than appropriate.

Fred


I count 9 participation tokens. It appears to be 4 pairs of 2 and 1 standalone token (Ring of One Vision).

If we are assuming the Belt of the Brave and Boots of the Bold are intended for the Skull of Cavadar run as their completion token, this means Jeff is currently planning only 3-4 unique dungeons for the public over the 2021-2022 convention season (the 4th being Ring of One Vision with no uncommon, setting an odd precedent).

If you want to make the compelling case that Jeff wants to cut the number of events in the convention season down, I guess you could do that, but it seems like an odd hill to die on.
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #66

Anthony Barnstable wrote:

Fred K wrote:

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: I came up with 1 positive for this belt. It can burn through Hitchhiking Ghost: Shog to make them even rarer...hmmm maybe that isn't a positive....


I suspect that is actually why it was put in, to reinforce the shog.

I agree it is more powerful than most of its UR counterparts.

Perhaps a good solution would be to make it a completion token you can only get after completing all the adventures of the season?

There is one thing we hadn’t considered. What if it is the completion token for the Cavadar teeth run? If that is the case, it seems more than appropriate.

Fred


I count 9 participation tokens. It appears to be 4 pairs of 2 and 1 standalone token (Ring of One Vision).

If we are assuming the Belt of the Brave and Boots of the Bold are intended for the Skull of Cavadar run as their completion token, this means Jeff is currently planning only 3-4 unique dungeons for the public over the 2021-2022 convention season (the 4th being Ring of One Vision with no uncommon, setting an odd precedent).

If you want to make the compelling case that Jeff wants to cut the number of events in the convention season down, I guess you could do that, but it seems like an odd hill to die on.


Actually a number of people has suggested it could be for the astral event. I think it is unlikely as the Astral event will not be until 2022. Possible yes. I agree with Anthony that seems unlikely. And that 1 without a uncommon is likely for Grind.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #67

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5994
Could be a virtual grind item, that sounds fun actually.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #68

Charm of the Wind: ranged attacks (missile & Spell, but not scrolls or items) deal +2 damage as Shock

Charm of the Wind is as good as Draco-Lich Claw Charm (5 point relic) in a range build which likely makes it BiS (Also BiS Wizards). Which seems more of an issue than this belt.

I still stand by it is OK for new players to have nice things, so these items are fine, but it is worth pointing out that this is going to be a very good year for completion tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by OrionW.

New Completion token: Belt of the brave 3 weeks 3 days ago #69

Picc wrote: Could be a virtual grind item, that sounds fun actually.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one...lol.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds