Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint)

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #1

I received a misrpinted Ava's +5 Avenger (some of the damage numbers on the wheel are not printed/lightly printed).

I figured I'd ask if anyone wants it before I try to work with TD to swap it for one with normal printings:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #2

That's pretty awesome! If I were making an Ava's, I'd be all about trading for it.

You don't think it's cool enough to just keep yourself? You get to tell DMs every combat that the missing number is 50!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #3

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5798
It is cool, but you also run the risk that a smartallic GM might say something like "I see a spot for a 6, but no 6. Must be a dull spot on the sword. No damage".

Also grats on an making an iconic sword :)
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #4

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6923

Picc wrote: It is cool, but you also run the risk that a smartallic GM might say something like "I see a spot for a 6, but no 6. Must be a dull spot on the sword. No damage".

Also grats on an making an iconic sword :)


You should still get your strength bonus to damage. Probably a lot more than the missing 8 or 9.

But other than a sadistic DM in an Epic run, I think most can make a reasonable interpolation of the missing numbers.

Still, get it replaced. Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #5

PM Sent
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #6

Maybe that is the mythical white number of healing. If the damage number facing the dot is white, the weilder also heals for that amount.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #7

If I had one, I'd definitely swap it for your misprint - but then, I'm totally into collecting misprints. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #8

Harlax wrote:

Picc wrote: It is cool, but you also run the risk that a smartallic GM might say something like "I see a spot for a 6, but no 6. Must be a dull spot on the sword. No damage".

Also grats on an making an iconic sword :)


You should still get your strength bonus to damage. Probably a lot more than the missing 8 or 9.

But other than a sadistic DM in an Epic run, I think most can make a reasonable interpolation of the missing numbers.

Still, get it replaced. Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.


Someone can for a sadistic dm, oh well goes back into the corner waiting for gencon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #9

Mine is also a misprint. I have both numbers, but the one you have missing is barely visible on mine.

What has Jeff or Lori said about a replacement?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dave Autzen.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #10

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6923

James wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Picc wrote: It is cool, but you also run the risk that a smartallic GM might say something like "I see a spot for a 6, but no 6. Must be a dull spot on the sword. No damage".

Also grats on an making an iconic sword :)


You should still get your strength bonus to damage. Probably a lot more than the missing 8 or 9.

But other than a sadistic DM in an Epic run, I think most can make a reasonable interpolation of the missing numbers.

Still, get it replaced. Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.


Someone can for a sadistic dm, oh well goes back into the corner waiting for gencon.



There are two kinds of people in the world.

Those who can interpolate from missing data...
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 4 days ago #11

If you want to replace it, no problem. Just mail it in with a brief note explaining why.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Druegar.

The Sword of Mercy (Legendary Misprint) 2 months 1 day ago #12

Druegar wrote: If you want to replace it, no problem. Just mail it in with a brief note explaining why.

Hold off on mailing them back in. I just checked and they're all like that.

We can probably order replacements, but that will take quite a while, so do not mail them in before we give the green light. Again, do not send your Ava’s +5 Holy Avenger back in at this time.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds