Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 QTR Beta (please proof)

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #13

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6719
More volunteer tokens. I like it.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #14

Are there plans to make an Adventurer's Guild 2020 token this year?
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #15

Will add more as I find them.

Page 6 - Charm of Timely Aid: once per room, a natural 1–4 initiative check result heals 10 HP on any character with this charm.
Question: Does this work on all initiative rolls or just players initiative roll?

Page 7 - Dust of Revealing: the user of this dust may see one invisible creature; does not reveal invisible objects [collect on use]
Question: How will the one creature be determined if there is more than one invisible creature? Does this include players who might be invisible in the determination of whom the user sees?

Page 8 - Ioun Stone Banshee Prism: Ranged* attacks made by the wearer deal +2 damage as Sonic
Question: Token also states for spell.

Page 9 - Ralson’s Pendant of the Elder Yew: +5 to Constitution (thus, depending on prior Constitution score, either +2/+3 to Fortitude saving throws and either +2/+3 to max HP per character level); Ranged* attacks deal +9 Damage; twice per game, the ranger may cast a Druid-usable scroll; may summon animal friends.
Question: Token states any scroll. Is the intent to change the token to limit it to Druid scrolls?

Page 10 - Ring of the Drake: wearer’s melee and/or missile attacks deal +2 damage as Fire; all shurikens thrown by the wearer automatically return to the wearer and may be used again the next round.
Question: Token also states spell.

Page 10 - Wand of Force Spike: targe t suffers 7 points of Force damage [usable every round; collect at the end of the room]
Question: Is this force damage not affected by the 50% miss chance when attacking Incorporeal creatures?

Page 11 - Cumulative Penalty Limitation
Question: Is there a limit regarding how many Scroll Valkyrie Shield can be stacked?
Last edit: by edwin.
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #16

Page 13 - Psychic Power
Given the existence of the Dark Disciple’s Shirt and the forthcoming Benrow’s Elder Drake Necklace, should the sentence about one use of psychic power per game be changed to something like “Unless you equip a token providing for additional uses of Psychic Power, only one Psychic Power may be used per person per adventure.”? “Token” could have a hyperlink directing people to the relevant tokens.
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #17

BeLinda Mathie wrote: Page 13 - Psychic Power
Given the existence of the Dark Disciple’s Shirt and the forthcoming Benrow’s Elder Drake Necklace, should the sentence about one use of psychic power per game be changed to something like “Unless you equip a token providing for additional uses of Psychic Power, only one Psychic Power may be used per person per adventure.”? “Token” could have a hyperlink directing people to the relevant tokens.


Does Benrow's even allow use of Psychic Power without the aid of another token that provides for use of Psychic Power? Or must there be a Psychic Power enabler token equipped in order for this ability on Benrow's to be used?

Same questions for Necklace of the Spirit Drake,
Last edit: by edwin.
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #18

Recipe for Ring of Stamina should be
Earcuff “OF” vitality... missing “of”
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #19

It might make sense to indicate whether fury requires any kind of action to use for Bog's medallion.

Arcane set - my memory might be off on this but I thought it was one use of not expending a 0-2 level spell, not the first time one is cast.

Possibly include something about the Shirt of the Oaf being part of a new type of set then also reference that set (in general terms) in the set list?

On Bard bonuses - great chart - please add a note indicating that multiple bardic instruments do not provide a cumulative benefit.

The transmute recipes don't seem to require anything from 2020 in terms of monster bits. I would recommend letting 2020 monster bits apply to the new 2020 relics to help new players to feel included.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #20

Minor note - the copyright date should be revised to 2020 rather than 2017.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #21

Is it intended to have & as the bullet point symbol on page 17?

Page 21 charm of Timely aid first component bullet point has a strike through mark.
Last edit: by Aegoce.
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #22

Fred K wrote: It might make sense to indicate whether fury requires any kind of action to use for Bog's medallion.

Arcane set - my memory might be off on this but I thought it was one use of not expending a 0-2 level spell, not the first time one is cast.

Possibly include something about the Shirt of the Oaf being part of a new type of set then also reference that set (in general terms) in the set list?

On Bard bonuses - great chart - please add a note indicating that multiple bardic instruments do not provide a cumulative benefit.

The transmute recipes don't seem to require anything from 2020 in terms of monster bits. I would recommend letting 2020 monster bits apply to the new 2020 relics to help new players to feel included.

Fred

Relics don't normally require bits, right?
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #23

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6719

Arnold wrote: Are there plans to make an Adventurer's Guild 2020 token this year?


If it does nothing, as it did this year, I would not miss it.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

2020 QTR Beta (please proof) 1 month 1 week ago #24

I assume it's too late to fix this but Shirt of Shielding is already a thing :(
Classes Played: Barbarian (21 times), Monk (11), Cleric (9), Fighter (9), Rogue (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Ranger (6), Paladin (5), Druid (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2).
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds