Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #1

I went searching but did not see anything yet (am assuming it may be too early) but thought I'd ask in any case.

Does anyone know what the monster bits transmute may be? Or the Eldritch Kilt?

Or, maybe even the completion token transmute, if there is one coming soon?

Have not seen any mention really and just thought I'd ask. I'm looking to save some space in my token case in a way other than giving tokens to others. ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #2

Not published yet. But Soon!

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #3

Awesome, thanks Ed. Hoping to get them in bags and figure out which trade goods I need. ;-)

If I recall, did you have something go missing at show (or was that different Ed?) Did that ever get found?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #4

To date there has only been one completion token transmute that I know of (Ring of Heroism), and it was announced before the year the first comp token was available IIRC. Based on that, I’m not expecting one anytime soon. I hope there is one again.

If history repeats, the trophy transmute will require 16 different bits from 2016-19, and the Kilts will require one of each Kilt and one of each of the 12 trade goods, including Golden Fleece. And both will require an undisclosed rare or trophy from 2019.

Or not.

But other than that, quien sabe?
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #5

Fair...am now scared to get rid of some of these completions just because of how the ring of heroism turned out. :-)

Valid on kilts...thought the last I read said "3 of them", so am just getting jazzed for that...and, speculation can be fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #6

I have kept 4 sets of completion tokens over the last few years just in case. So I'd keep them :)

Kilts are going to be fun but the way that it was done before with requiring a bit from the last year may not fly this year. The main reason that Jeff did that was to make the transmute push to the next year (couldn't make it till after GenCon). With GenCon not being the only place TD will be run we will either see the transmute pushed out a year or available right out the gate for GenCon 2019. This way we don't have 1 convention that can't use the token and the rest can.
You don't have to outrun the monster, just the guy next to you - The buddy system.

Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #7

FiannaTiger wrote: I have kept 4 sets of completion tokens over the last few years just in case. So I'd keep them :)

Kilts are going to be fun but the way that it was done before with requiring a bit from the last year may not fly this year. The main reason that Jeff did that was to make the transmute push to the next year (couldn't make it till after GenCon). With GenCon not being the only place TD will be run we will either see the transmute pushed out a year or available right out the gate for GenCon 2019. This way we don't have 1 convention that can't use the token and the rest can.


I was able to get most of this years transmutes done in time for origins so I got to get them before the season started and it was fun. I agree though you should be able to get all of this done before Gencon next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #8

I think historically Eldricth transmutes have not required Golden Fleece?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #9

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think historically Eldricth transmutes have not required Golden Fleece?


They haven't but the talk has been there was a glut of monster bits and to help weed them out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #10

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7754

James J Krot wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think historically Eldricth transmutes have not required Golden Fleece?


They haven't but the talk has been there was a glut of monster bits and to help weed them out.


Personally I would rather see less monster bits in the box than rares and uncommons, but that is just me. This over 20% seems crazy high to me.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #11

jedibcg wrote:

James J Krot wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think historically Eldricth transmutes have not required Golden Fleece?


They haven't but the talk has been there was a glut of monster bits and to help weed them out.


Personally I would rather see less monster bits in the box than rares and uncommons, but that is just me. This over 20% seems crazy high to me.


To be fair they are trying to keep them high enough so that new players who don't get 19 pulls still has a reasonable chance of getting one for transmutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Monster Trophy Transmute and Kilt Transmute 1 year 1 month ago #12

James J Krot wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think historically Eldricth transmutes have not required Golden Fleece?


They haven't but the talk has been there was a glut of monster bits and to help weed them out.


I'm hoping the Kilt transmute follows the precedent from past Eldritch Trade Items and doesn't require a Golden Fleece. That's what I'll advocate for. I'd rather bump up transmute recipes for Golden Fleece that have established recipe patterns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds