Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Token Mailing Tip

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #13

Steve wrote: What is all this wrapping nonsense?

I just turn until I'm facing the direction of the state the token needs to arrive in, concentrate, and then throw it as hard as I can.


I think I need to buy the house next door to yours. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #14

I take one or two tokens and place them in a regular sized envelope. I then fold that envelope over and over until they are wrapped into a token sized square. Then I take about a 4 inch piece of box tape and seal the entire thing up. I then place these square(s)in an appropriately sized bubble envelope and seal the envelope with a few inches of box tape.

This seams to work well and is very inexpensive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #15

I mean, we're talking about tokens that might be worth hundreds of dollars (individually or in aggregate), but even cheap commons should be properly protected. It's a shame that this needs to be said, but I'm not surprised either.

Reminds me of when I bought a Magic Card off eBay years ago, and it came in a plain envelope. No cardboard, no sleeve, just a card in a plain envelope. It was bent, but not creased, so I was able to fix most of the damage, but when sending an item worth $20+ and another couple bucks in shipping, you'd think that showing some courtesy to the buyer would be worth taking a few seconds to at least give it a fighting chance of arriving safely.

Edit: yes, granted, "my item might punch through the envelope" might not occur to everyone, I get that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Forar.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #16

Forar wrote: I mean, we're talking about tokens that might be worth hundreds of dollars (individually or in aggregate), but even cheap commons should be properly protected. It's a shame that this needs to be said, but I'm not surprised either.

Reminds me of when I bought a Magic Card off eBay years ago, and it came in a plain envelope. No cardboard, no sleeve, just a card in a plain envelope. It was bent, but not creased, so I was able to fix most of the damage, but when sending an item worth $20+ and another couple bucks in shipping, you'd think that showing some courtesy to the buyer would be worth taking a few seconds to at least give it a fighting chance of arriving safely.


Heck, I've bought comic books on Ebay advertised as mint condition mailed in plain yellow envelopes with no protection, arriving in far worse condition . The worst was a original crew Star Trek signed cast photo with the whole crews signature plus Gene Rodenberry bent in half in my mailbox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #17

Mike Steele wrote:

Steve wrote: What is all this wrapping nonsense?

I just turn until I'm facing the direction of the state the token needs to arrive in, concentrate, and then throw it as hard as I can.


I think I need to buy the house next door to yours. ;)


Just be warned .. I consider clothes to be 'wrappings' and do the same thing with them.

HR keeps a file ...
I used to be an industry professional responsible for making sure Japan was able to buy some of the best toy soldiers ever made.

Now I'm just an old gamer :)

www.TrueDungeonTokens.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #18

Mike Steele wrote:

Forar wrote: I mean, we're talking about tokens that might be worth hundreds of dollars (individually or in aggregate), but even cheap commons should be properly protected. It's a shame that this needs to be said, but I'm not surprised either.

Reminds me of when I bought a Magic Card off eBay years ago, and it came in a plain envelope. No cardboard, no sleeve, just a card in a plain envelope. It was bent, but not creased, so I was able to fix most of the damage, but when sending an item worth $20+ and another couple bucks in shipping, you'd think that showing some courtesy to the buyer would be worth taking a few seconds to at least give it a fighting chance of arriving safely.


Heck, I've bought comic books on Ebay advertised as mint condition mailed in plain yellow envelopes with no protection, arriving in far worse condition . The worst was a original crew Star Trek signed cast photo with the whole crews signature plus Gene Rodenberry bent in half in my mailbox.


Through the quirk of my history and connections, I've brokered art deals for the originals of published Games Workshop artwork. (some 70+ pieces by now) Just last week I received a package with 3X Rogue Trader Era ork pictures, (Worth over 1,000 GBP) packaged in-between two pieces of cardboard. No plastic. No padding. No bracing. Just two pieces of cardboard , some stamps, and a 'do not fold' sticker for protection.

They were not .. destroyed .. but they were no longer flat.

So you can sell me art, that can't be replaced, at a healthy price .. but don't actually care if it gets destroyed on it's way across the pond. *sigh*.
I used to be an industry professional responsible for making sure Japan was able to buy some of the best toy soldiers ever made.

Now I'm just an old gamer :)

www.TrueDungeonTokens.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #19

Steve wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Steve wrote: What is all this wrapping nonsense?

I just turn until I'm facing the direction of the state the token needs to arrive in, concentrate, and then throw it as hard as I can.


I think I need to buy the house next door to yours. ;)


Just be warned .. I consider clothes to be 'wrappings' and do the same thing with them.

HR keeps a file ...


OK, I'm calling my realtor to cancel that house offer. ; (

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #20

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14887
Much depends on how good your mall carrier is. Our regular carrier knows us and we trust her not to damage anything - she wouldn't fold anything that clearly shouldn't be folded. However, it is not uncommon for another carrier to be doing her route, so that's not always reliable.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #21

Items can be folded by a great many hands before reaching the carrier who delivers to your abode.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #22

Forar wrote: I mean, we're talking about tokens that might be worth hundreds of dollars (individually or in aggregate), but even cheap commons should be properly protected. It's a shame that this needs to be said, but I'm not surprised either.

Reminds me of when I bought a Magic Card off eBay years ago, and it came in a plain envelope. No cardboard, no sleeve, just a card in a plain envelope. It was bent, but not creased, so I was able to fix most of the damage, but when sending an item worth $20+ and another couple bucks in shipping, you'd think that showing some courtesy to the buyer would be worth taking a few seconds to at least give it a fighting chance of arriving safely.

Edit: yes, granted, "my item might punch through the envelope" might not occur to everyone, I get that.

people complain about shipping at flat rate box prices on ebay. So it is a no win situation
you charge for it, people may not bid..if you lower the shipping and use a mailing bubble envelope and something happens, then its your fault for not shipping better
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #23

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Forar wrote: I mean, we're talking about tokens that might be worth hundreds of dollars (individually or in aggregate), but even cheap commons should be properly protected. It's a shame that this needs to be said, but I'm not surprised either.

Reminds me of when I bought a Magic Card off eBay years ago, and it came in a plain envelope. No cardboard, no sleeve, just a card in a plain envelope. It was bent, but not creased, so I was able to fix most of the damage, but when sending an item worth $20+ and another couple bucks in shipping, you'd think that showing some courtesy to the buyer would be worth taking a few seconds to at least give it a fighting chance of arriving safely.

Edit: yes, granted, "my item might punch through the envelope" might not occur to everyone, I get that.

people complain about shipping at flat rate box prices on ebay. So it is a no win situation
you charge for it, people may not bid..if you lower the shipping and use a mailing bubble envelope and something happens, then its your fault for not shipping better


I've never had any problems or any complaints shipping tokens first class in bubble envelopes. I've shipped hundreds, or maybe thousands, of packages that way. That's one reason I enjoy selling tokens, they're very durable and easy to ship. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Token Mailing Tip 3 years 7 months ago #24

Mike Steele wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Forar wrote: I mean, we're talking about tokens that might be worth hundreds of dollars (individually or in aggregate), but even cheap commons should be properly protected. It's a shame that this needs to be said, but I'm not surprised either.

Reminds me of when I bought a Magic Card off eBay years ago, and it came in a plain envelope. No cardboard, no sleeve, just a card in a plain envelope. It was bent, but not creased, so I was able to fix most of the damage, but when sending an item worth $20+ and another couple bucks in shipping, you'd think that showing some courtesy to the buyer would be worth taking a few seconds to at least give it a fighting chance of arriving safely.

Edit: yes, granted, "my item might punch through the envelope" might not occur to everyone, I get that.

people complain about shipping at flat rate box prices on ebay. So it is a no win situation
you charge for it, people may not bid..if you lower the shipping and use a mailing bubble envelope and something happens, then its your fault for not shipping better


I've never had any problems or any complaints shipping tokens first class in bubble envelopes. I've shipped hundreds, or maybe thousands, of packages that way. That's one reason I enjoy selling tokens, they're very durable and easy to ship. :)

i have had 3 bubble ones slit (granted that is in 10 years) it looked machine slit and the tokens were gone

i would rather ship in the flat rate boxes..that I have not had any issues with
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds