Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Character Generators (App)

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 2 weeks ago #913

AAckeret wrote: Using app on iPad. Charm of Synergy (10) appears to be adding 20 HPs instead of 10. Charm of Synergy (1) through Charm of Synergy (9) all seem to be OK.

Same thing Happens on a iPhone, iOS 14.4. It’s only the charm of synergy (10). Charm of awakened synergy (10) works fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 1 week ago #914

When equipping 6 or more sets, only 5 sets are displayed on the set bonus page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Endgame.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 1 week ago #915

Endgame wrote: When equipping 6 or more sets, only 5 sets are displayed on the set bonus page.

Which sets are you equipping?
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 1 week ago #916

Druegar wrote:

Endgame wrote: When equipping 6 or more sets, only 5 sets are displayed on the set bonus page.

Which sets are you equipping?


I don't know if you wanted to know exactly which he is doing, but I just threw together a ranger that has 6.
Wind
Viper
Mithral
Eldritch
Charming
Celestial

Someone more skilled than I might be able to figure out a way to do 7.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 1 week ago #917

Impressive!
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 1 week ago #918

Druegar wrote: Impressive!

I did a similar one with the bard that had mostly different set. Not that I think either that I built are actually likely.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 1 week ago #919

Version 8.2.0 has been released for Android and IOS with the following updates:

- Bracers of Guided Strike now works on all creatures (Android)
- Axe of the Dwarvish Kings now provides +2 for Dwarven Fighters (Android)
- Ioun Stone, Charm of Synergy (10) now provides 10 HP correctly
- Monk Offhand Critical hits now use the Offhand Damage as a base (Android)
- Ranger/Monk now get both attacks on Subdual Attacks
- Email transfers between Android and IOS now correctly transfer the Bead slot

This should be the version used for V4B next week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 1 week ago #920

Druegar wrote:

Endgame wrote: When equipping 6 or more sets, only 5 sets are displayed on the set bonus page.

Which sets are you equipping?


I used a bard with:
Eldrich
Mithral
Charming
Lucky
Arcane
Viper Strike
Wind

Ring, charm, and Iouns have very few sets tied to them - sounds like a place to add more :D

I also tried really hard to get 8 sets - I think it’s possible to do by displacing the Mithral set, but couldn’t figure out how to make a set out of torso, charm, ring and either head or boots...

Edit - you actually can hit 8 sets - use a hitchhiking ghost shog for dragon hide belt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Endgame.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 6 days ago #921

I apologize if I missed it, as I didnt know there was a change to Monk Off-hand damage so I just want to make sure what I am seeing is accurate. It looks like the damage is not affected by any weapon I put in whether I have the brawler's horn, orb of might, or +3 Viper Strike fang the damage is 0 for misses 46 for any hit and 92 for a critical. Is it correct that the off hand is always a flat DMG for anything other than a miss or crit?

Disregard. I rebuild the character and it worked fine, but the build is not entirely the same so I can rebuild if needed.
Valiant - Monk of the Drunken Dragon Monastery


Main Monk build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/1775aad2-6ac6-468c-b771-25978ee69e9d

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tiaolang.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 5 days ago #922

I am on a ranger build. I have a Rod of the meek on Melee...it started as 3 12...and the app made it 3 10. I think the implementation doesn't read the same as the tokenDB. Particularly, the db says

"Q2) If my melee To Hit or Damage bonus exceeds 10, may I equip this item and reduce those bonuses to 10?
A2) No. This token does not change how party card melee To Hit and Damage values are calculated or recorded. You may never equip this item if the resulting melee To Hit or Damage values on the party card would exceed 10."

So I think the implementation is assuming to just drop the higher stat to 10 when in fact, it should prohibit the meek from being equiped if the melee stats exceed 10.
Jamie
AureliusBP


Ranger
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/b4b81c8d-c52e-4ffa-b291-a2eba22a6a8c

Am on Discord as AureliusBP if you want realtime chat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 5 days ago #923

Jamie Campbell wrote: I am on a ranger build. I have a Rod of the meek on Melee...it started as 3 12...and the app made it 3 10. I think the implementation doesn't read the same as the tokenDB. Particularly, the db says

"Q2) If my melee To Hit or Damage bonus exceeds 10, may I equip this item and reduce those bonuses to 10?
A2) No. This token does not change how party card melee To Hit and Damage values are calculated or recorded. You may never equip this item if the resulting melee To Hit or Damage values on the party card would exceed 10."

So I think the implementation is assuming to just drop the higher stat to 10 when in fact, it should prohibit the meek from being equiped if the melee stats exceed 10.

The problem is that tokens can say anything, but code HATES infinite loops, which is what the implementation as described would create. If you have +8 To hit. The Rod of the Meek is legal, until it is added., then it is illegal. Ok, so prohibit at +6 or greater, except you can equip it at +3, and then add other tokens taking you above +10, when it becomes illegal, except when subtracted, you are back to +8, which is legal again.

Now consider that during the calculation phase, it would require that the check be done in a certain token order, because To Hit needs to be calculated for all the other tokens before adding in the RoTM. For items that require specific Dex or Str, I can do the base stats first, before determining if the item is legal, but in this case the item adds to the same stat that limits it. Ever try doing a circular formula in a spreadsheet?

There are just too many states for this to function cleanly, so I took the simpler approach of limiting the total to 10. I did inform TPTB of how this was going to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 1 month 5 days ago #924

Cranston wrote:

Jamie Campbell wrote: I am on a ranger build. I have a Rod of the meek on Melee...it started as 3 12...and the app made it 3 10. I think the implementation doesn't read the same as the tokenDB. Particularly, the db says

"Q2) If my melee To Hit or Damage bonus exceeds 10, may I equip this item and reduce those bonuses to 10?
A2) No. This token does not change how party card melee To Hit and Damage values are calculated or recorded. You may never equip this item if the resulting melee To Hit or Damage values on the party card would exceed 10."

So I think the implementation is assuming to just drop the higher stat to 10 when in fact, it should prohibit the meek from being equiped if the melee stats exceed 10.

The problem is that tokens can say anything, but code HATES infinite loops, which is what the implementation as described would create. If you have +8 To hit. The Rod of the Meek is legal, until it is added., then it is illegal. Ok, so prohibit at +6 or greater, except you can equip it at +3, and then add other tokens taking you above +10, when it becomes illegal, except when subtracted, you are back to +8, which is legal again.

Now consider that during the calculation phase, it would require that the check be done in a certain token order, because To Hit needs to be calculated for all the other tokens before adding in the RoTM. For items that require specific Dex or Str, I can do the base stats first, before determining if the item is legal, but in this case the item adds to the same stat that limits it. Ever try doing a circular formula in a spreadsheet?

There are just too many states for this to function cleanly, so I took the simpler approach of limiting the total to 10. I did inform TPTB of how this was going to work.

This is fantastic justification for changing the token DB entry to trim the hit and damage to 10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds