Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TD Artifact Rule Questions

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #25

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I can't afford token X is not the same as it's impossible for me to get token X.

I understand your point but it's not equivalent.

I don't expect Jeff to ever bring Artifacts back but it doesn't stop their existence from being a barrier that I can never overcome.

so you are saying it isnt fair..that you were not playing True dungeon in 2010

is that TDs fault?

playing Devils advocate here


I'm not saying it isn't fair. I am saying it creates a position in which there is a barrier it is impossible for me to overcome due to those tokens being created. It doesn't matter how long I play, how much I trade, how much I buy or what I do to support True Dungeon; because I was not here in 2010 those tokens are something I have no chance of making.

That's all I am saying. It sucks to see a level of token that some people have that I can never have.

There are no other tokens in the game that are off limits to me given enough time, money and trading. These are a wall I can not surpass.

And, as a player, that sucks.

pretty sure you cant get a ring of 3 wishes either
ou could get an artifact..hell if I get out i will sell you mine. Then you can have an artifact
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #26

Sounds like "unfair" with different words. I played in 2010. I have no chance of an artifact. Where's my trophy?

So what? The people that have artifacts have them. It doesn't decrease the fun of the game to me.
The Worst Rogue Ever!
Member of the Michigan Marauders
Ranger Extra-ordinary
--Rocky


BEWARE THERE ARE SILVER BULETTES NEARBY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #27

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I can't afford token X is not the same as it's impossible for me to get token X.

I understand your point but it's not equivalent.

I don't expect Jeff to ever bring Artifacts back but it doesn't stop their existence from being a barrier that I can never overcome.

so you are saying it isnt fair..that you were not playing True dungeon in 2010

is that TDs fault?

playing Devils advocate here


I'm not saying it isn't fair. I am saying it creates a position in which there is a barrier it is impossible for me to overcome due to those tokens being created. It doesn't matter how long I play, how much I trade, how much I buy or what I do to support True Dungeon; because I was not here in 2010 those tokens are something I have no chance of making.

That's all I am saying. It sucks to see a level of token that some people have that I can never have.

There are no other tokens in the game that are off limits to me given enough time, money and trading. These are a wall I can not surpass.

And, as a player, that sucks.

pretty sure you cant get a ring of 3 wishes either
ou could get an artifact..hell if I get out i will sell you mine. Then you can have an artifact


I already called dibs on that. I'm dying to get my hands on your sack.
Tinker, Gnome, Wizard, DIE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #28

EN 429 wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I can't afford token X is not the same as it's impossible for me to get token X.

I understand your point but it's not equivalent.

I don't expect Jeff to ever bring Artifacts back but it doesn't stop their existence from being a barrier that I can never overcome.

so you are saying it isnt fair..that you were not playing True dungeon in 2010

is that TDs fault?

playing Devils advocate here


I'm not saying it isn't fair. I am saying it creates a position in which there is a barrier it is impossible for me to overcome due to those tokens being created. It doesn't matter how long I play, how much I trade, how much I buy or what I do to support True Dungeon; because I was not here in 2010 those tokens are something I have no chance of making.

That's all I am saying. It sucks to see a level of token that some people have that I can never have.

There are no other tokens in the game that are off limits to me given enough time, money and trading. These are a wall I can not surpass.

And, as a player, that sucks.

pretty sure you cant get a ring of 3 wishes either
ou could get an artifact..hell if I get out i will sell you mine. Then you can have an artifact


I already called dibs on that. I'm dying to get my hands on your sack.

you grabbed my sack in the dealer hall
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #29

darkangel866 wrote: Sounds like "unfair" with different words. I played in 2010. I have no chance of an artifact. Where's my trophy?

So what? The people that have artifacts have them. It doesn't decrease the fun of the game to me.


Not sure exactly how my thoughts on artifacts come down to it being unfair.

It's something I can not get. It means I can not strive to have perfection in tokens which is something that my personality strives for.

I'm not asking for a trophy, I'm just stating the fact that it sucks to have a plateau in this game I can't reach.

It doesn't decrease your fun, that's awesome.
It puts a mark on the game for me.

Do I still love the game? Yes
Will I still play? Of course
Will it still bother me? Yep
Do I expect that to change? No
Do I expect Jeff to reopen Artifacts to satiate my want for it? No
Do I find it insulting to basically be called a whiner because I have an opinion on Artifacts that you don't personally agree with? What do you think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #30

Perfection in tokens would be owning them all, yes? Something to shoot for :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #31

balthasar wrote: Perfection in tokens would be owning them all, yes? Something to shoot for :)


Start with the Artisians.
The Worst Rogue Ever!
Member of the Michigan Marauders
Ranger Extra-ordinary
--Rocky


BEWARE THERE ARE SILVER BULETTES NEARBY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #32

Maybe we need to tone things down on this thread as well! :cheer:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Do I find it insulting to basically be called a whiner because I have an opinion on Artifacts that you don't personally agree with? What do you think.


For what it is worth, I do not think you are a whiner! :)

In fact, you are a winner in my book! (Which I am saying in a positive friendly way. NOT sarcastically).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #33

balthasar wrote: Perfection in tokens would be owning them all, yes? Something to shoot for :)


For me, as a perfectionist player, perfection in tokens would be having the best token for every slot possibly available for my chosen classes (Wizard and Ranger) as well as any slotless tokens that could be used. That would include having an Artifact of some sort soulbound to me.

It won't happen, but that's what my personality makes me strive for in a game like this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #34

  • Grekel!
  • Grekel!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Fireballs are FUN! Tokenaholic since 2007!
  • Posts: 1208

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

balthasar wrote: Perfection in tokens would be owning them all, yes? Something to shoot for :)


For me, as a perfectionist player, perfection in tokens would be having the best token for every slot possibly available for my chosen classes (Wizard and Ranger) as well as any slotless tokens that could be used. That would include having an Artifact of some sort soulbound to me.

It won't happen, but that's what my personality makes me strive for in a game like this one.


Perfectionist. OK I get that.
Perfectionism tied to "best tokens for a class" - not sure I would go 100% with that (I'm trying to become a reformed perfectionist - because perfectionism is a form of absolutism, or in other words - inflexible - and while there is inflexibility is a measure of strength, I find that seeking a goal of absolute strength yields a brittle mettle - subject to fracture under pressure, while a moderately good strength combined with the ability to yield without breaking give rise to a toughness that can often be indomitable in the face of almost overwhelming force and pressure...) k - enough with the materials properties cum philosophy lesson soapbox...

I'll leave it for now with what I believe to be an appropriate quote

"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

;) :)
PROUD MEMBER OF THE DDA! :)
They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to use. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to use once! Oh - and if you really need to think about whether you're going to use the fireball or the + umpty staff of butt-whooping - you're likely to find yourself full of arrows, or fangs, or nasty knives & swords and such. Don't think - just shoot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Grekel!.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #35

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Artifacts are a uniquely limited item that forms a permanent haves/have nots barrier between people who started this game before the auctions and those who started after.


Setting aside the gross overstatement for a moment (because there are many players who started after the Artifacts, and still have surpassed thousands of players who started before them)...

I do not think Artifacts form a permanent haves/have nots barrier.

Yes, you are correct that they are a uniquely limited item. There's actually several uniquely limited items in the game which are more rare than artifacts (the Artisan tokens, for example) but because they have no in-game effect, no one worries about them.

And while it is theoretically true that anyone with enough money could buy one, I think you'd find more Artisan owners would refuse to sell their Artisan token, than Artifact owners. (I can say that because I know almost a dozen people with Artisan tokens who would never sell them, and that's more than the number of Artifacts in existence.)

So it's less about the "having a cool unique item" and more about "having an item which changes game play, and makes you more powerful."

I'm not saying that in a bad way, by the way. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with seeking powerful items in a game. In real life? Yeah, maybe the pursuit of ultimate power is bad. But in a game? Have at!

The fact that Artifacts exist makes it seem like there's some players you will just never be able to touch, and that's really frustrating. Goodness knows I get frustrated when someone like Laz solo's the dungeon on Nightmare, and I can't do that because - even though I'm a better slider than he is, and have more XP, and better tactics - he's just geared better than I am.

From my perspective, though, Artifacts really aren't the barrier they used to be. Look at the examples which Incognito gave: Some artifacts are already eclipsed by new, more powerful tokens. Some seem really cool, but are a pain to work with and actually take up a party's time in the Dungeon as someone needs to call for a Director and use a power or get a ruling made. Some are awesome right now, but who knows what bigger, better tokens will come along to make them seem not so shiny later?

Right now, if I had the money to spend, I could gear my self up just as well as Laz (minus the Artifact) and probably run the dungeon solo on Nightmare, and come out with just as much treasure. Possibly while losing even fewer HP. (Depends on the luck of the dice when the DMs roll). So I'm not seeing his Artifact (or anyone else's, really) as creating a have/have nots barrier. No more than mere money creates that barrier, at least.


Congrats on assembling a Ro7P, by the way! I think they are cooler than mere Artifacts. Possibly more powerful, too, when used strategically : )
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 4 years 10 months ago #36

Aaron Hydrick wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

balthasar wrote: Perfection in tokens would be owning them all, yes? Something to shoot for :)


For me, as a perfectionist player, perfection in tokens would be having the best token for every slot possibly available for my chosen classes (Wizard and Ranger) as well as any slotless tokens that could be used. That would include having an Artifact of some sort soulbound to me.

It won't happen, but that's what my personality makes me strive for in a game like this one.


Perfectionist. OK I get that.
Perfectionism tied to "best tokens for a class" - not sure I would go 100% with that (I'm trying to become a reformed perfectionist - because perfectionism is a form of absolutism, or in other words - inflexible - and while there is inflexibility is a measure of strength, I find that seeking a goal of absolute strength yields a brittle mettle - subject to fracture under pressure, while a moderately good strength combined with the ability to yield without breaking give rise to a toughness that can often be indomitable in the face of almost overwhelming force and pressure...) k - enough with the materials properties cum philosophy lesson soapbox...

I'll leave it for now with what I believe to be an appropriate quote

"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

;) :)


What is Smakdown was right and plus they are people in the True Dungeon that has reputation without having the Artifact that make me legacy around here because I'm the one with the most pilled of treasure tokens when there was a Treasure Map tokens and got over 500 pulled as I played Rogue that year. The other year was first player to spend 3x Wish Ring and another first to use retainer/ghost player when there was UR/relic when came out of the treasure box. I also extreme trader of the Phoenix's Tear Trade Shop from Trading Thread is highest viewer than other trading thread, but not higher than Lazlo and Mike Steele in username post viewer and not even higher than Raven, which she is the one higher in XP and hardcore player, but doesn't really trade much, but has the highest profile viewer. But again she is well knowledgeable in True Dungeon and courtship forumites. Mike Steele is Hardcore player, one of the big trader, higher XP and big profile viewer. This is what get you notice more than some of the Artifact player because I'm higher than Smakdown in some area of the True Dungeon and he is higher in some area of True Dungeon, but as same popular in True Dungeon's fans. It just remember it just game and to have fun that is memorable and memory the following saying is:

"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown



-Eversuede-
Out of the Phoenix's fire, I burned into one arm demon.
Out of the Phoenix's tear, I healed into mortal man.
Out of the Name is Eversuede!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Eversuede.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds