Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #25

Jeff beat me to the charms, but as far as ioun stones go, there are 3 ioun stones this year, none of which are URs, plus the 2 participation tokens, and the 2 volunteer tokens, so at least one more slot may be in order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #26

Jeff Martin wrote: It is all a judgment call...and a bit of a guess. ...almost no newbies will need two Charm slots. I should probably take it off, but I thought it would be good to have the right side be different than the left -- to reinforce at first glance that each circle needs to be examined carefully.

My guess is that we should leave a lot of negative space on this newbie mat to make it less imposing to all the newbies AND to give the Coaches a bit of a break with computing Party Card stats. The goal is to give the players with 1-2 token packs a fun play mat.

I think you're hitting the nail on the head with everything here, and this second version of the mat is very near "go version", in my opinion. Assuming the other, more complex side has less text in the circles than 2012 did, I'm excited for this new mat!

As an added bonus, only a set number (relatively small) of these mats need to be made, and there's a good chance they could last several years if they're planned well.

Assuming of course, that 2014 doesn't see the introduction of toe rings!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #27

All in all there should be two set, one for newbies and one for the advance player that play more than 3 or 4 times. There are a lot of newbies that begin some way with the beginning format of tokens mat. So there should be more of them than the advance player mat. We shouldn't go with one mat fit all in stage of True Dungeon. Also it should be the coacher call to display them after asking the group, if he or she not sure of it.


-Eversuede-
Out of the Phoenix's fire, I burned into one arm demon.
Out of the Phoenix's tear, I healed into mortal man.
Out of the Name is Eversuede!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #28

Garrison wrote: Assuming of course, that 2014 doesn't see the introduction of toe rings!


... or any number of piercings.

"Tattoo" might be an interesting new slot, though. Could try it out with Barbarian, Monk and/or Druid, similar to how the Figurines were piloted last year... and I'm not sure Paladins would ever get one... But I totally digress.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #29

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Garrison wrote: Assuming of course, that 2014 doesn't see the introduction of toe rings!


... or any number of piercings.

"Tattoo" might be an interesting new slot, though. Could try it out with Barbarian, Monk and/or Druid, similar to how the Figurines were piloted last year... and I'm not sure Paladins would ever get one... But I totally digress.


I could see Paladins getting a tattoo of the sun if thy follow a sun diety and crosses or holy symbol tattoos
You don't have to outrun the monster, just the guy next to you - The buddy system.

Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #30

Alvin Oliver wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Garrison wrote: Assuming of course, that 2014 doesn't see the introduction of toe rings!


... or any number of piercings.

"Tattoo" might be an interesting new slot, though. Could try it out with Barbarian, Monk and/or Druid, similar to how the Figurines were piloted last year... and I'm not sure Paladins would ever get one... But I totally digress.


I could see Paladins getting a tattoo of the sun if thy follow a sun diety and crosses or holy symbol tattoos


Maybe instead of being tokens, the tattoos could be actual temporary tattoos the player would have to wear through the Dungeon. Lots of logistical problems with that, but it seems pretty neat. I guess it's like the stamps we got in Truecraft last year, so it should be doable :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #31

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5735

Mike Steele wrote: Maybe instead of being tokens, the tattoos could be actual temporary tattoos the player would have to wear through the Dungeon. Lots of logistical problems with that, but it seems pretty neat. I guess it's like the stamps we got in Truecraft last year, so it should be doable :)


If anything I'd rather see the players con badge punched through or otherwise marked somehow rather then anything applied directly the skin. That said I did like the idea of a non token buff.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #32

  • Raywind
  • Raywind's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Wot's all this here, then?
  • Posts: 1136

Mike Steele wrote:
Maybe instead of being tokens, the tattoos could be actual temporary tattoos the player would have to wear through the Dungeon. Lots of logistical problems with that, but it seems pretty neat. I guess it's like the stamps we got in Truecraft last year, so it should be doable :)


With the amount of absolute bitching there was about those stamps? Hah!
Blimey!

Caution: May contain cynicism and snark. Handle with care.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #33

Here is the latest version...I hope we are getting closer. Thanks for the feedback!

Next up is to edit the old token grid from last year.

Then, we are going to make up a table-top sign that will explain how to read the tokens. We will also have a copy of the Quick Token Reference Guide and Player Guide in every room. We will advertise that newbies can show up 30 minutes early for their adventure (if they wish) so they can have more time to learn about the TD game before their adventure.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #34

Looks really good to me, I'm going to give a copy to two friends and give them a bag of tokens I have for them to use during Gen Con, and see if it's pretty straight forward to someone who's never really seen the tokens and any of the mats.

But I think keeping it simple for the new people will be great, we don't need any more token slots on the "beginner" side.
You don't have to outrun the monster, just the guy next to you - The buddy system.

Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #35

The only thing I would change is the order of wrist and Hands. it seems more logical for the hands to be next to the finger slot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by commanderFuron.

Re: New Token Mat < Feedback Needed, Please 6 years 9 months ago #36

Alvin Oliver wrote: Looks really good to me, I'm going to give a copy to two friends and give them a bag of tokens I have for them to use during Gen Con, and see if it's pretty straight forward to someone who's never really seen the tokens and any of the mats.

But I think keeping it simple for the new people will be great, we don't need any more token slots on the "beginner" side.



Thanks! It is supposed to be 12" x 18".

Also, there will be a big 4' x 6' sign on the wall that explains how to read a token -- like what the numbers mean on a weapon token, class names, hand icons, slots, etc. There will also be another sign that gives a list of things to try to have done by the time your Coach arrives at your stated event start time. This will have stuff like have your character class picked and be wearing the card, have your tokens on the mat, attach your personal light, etc.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds