Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ultra Rare Token Ideas

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #13

I'd love to see some support for ranged attackers. Maybe a new quiver that boosts arrow damage. It would give a reason to actually use arrows

Also I'd love a set with set bonuses for bards, or other classes that don't have one
Last edit: by Nick S.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #14

Something* of reckless attack. -2 to AC, +2 to damage. Barbarian.

* not sure where to slot this. Gauntlets? Bracers? Somewhere else?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #15

With Tomb of Terrors coming, I'd recommend more Rogue related items (but not exclusive to rogue):
Viper related items (counting as part of the viper set)
Viper's cowl - head slot - AC and Save Bonus
Dripping Viper's Gloves - hands - Grants a +3 additional poison damage bonus to Viper weapons
+2 Viper's Bow or hand-crossbow

Tome of Painful Vigilance - character can take 20 damage to get an additional hint on a puzzle (usable once per run)

Phylactery of Pain - If user is reduced to 0 hp, it causes 50 retribution damage to target but the user immediately dies (cannot be stopped by Paladin ability but can be raised)

Ioun Stone of Retribution - attacks against the user result in 5 points of retribution damage (psychic)

Shield of Nobility - +3 shield - User may choose to take all the damage of any effect in a room (excepting the final room's failure damage) that could effect all players. That player only receives half that damage of what the group, in total, would have gotten (so if 10 points of damage per character with 10 characters is done, the user would take 1/2 of 100 damage = 50 damage). Paladin's can't share this damage with user to mitigate it. Not usable by Barbarians or Bards (or non-shield users).

Bead of Twisted Luck - User sacrifices 20 hp from their maximum at the start of a run for +3 on all saves and +3 on initiative. That damage cannot be healed.

Crocs of all Lands - foot slot - User takes no damage or suffers any penalty from any environmental condition. -5 to Chr (they are Crocs after all).

PLEASE NO MORE SLOT ENHANCERS!!! Re-printing the old ones is fine but we already have a serious power creep problem. Make the best items competitive for the same slots (like the legendary themes moving to necklace slots). More Ioun stones, more rings, more boots, more shields, more charms, etc are all fine. Don't do amazing items for shins, torso, bracers, headslot, earcuffs, eyes, etc.. Force us to choose what we give up to get the cool new item if we're already at the top of the power curve!

I also like the idea of taking some of the unslotted items and giving them slots. Next year's Tome slot is a good example. I'd add horn to that slot list as well.

Fred
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #16

Hi Jeff,

I've seen a few people looking to get the Might Set to get +1 Level. The Boots and Scepter of Might are both readily available at or below PYP prices, but the Crown, Girdle, and Orb are all selling for premiums.

How about having a new Might Set token, that someone could get and combine with the Boots and Scepter from the secondary market? Alternatively, a reprint of the Orb, Girdle, or Scepter would work - and of those I'd recommend the Girdle.

Thanks!
Mike
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #17

Trophy belt : +2 ear slots.
this is not a signature.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #18

Mike Steele wrote: Hi Jeff,

I've seen a few people looking to get the Might Set to get +1 Level. The Boots and Scepter of Might are both readily available at or below PYP prices, but the Crown, Girdle, and Orb are all selling for premiums.

How about having a new Might Set token, that someone could get and combine with the Boots and Scepter from the secondary market? Alternatively, a reprint of the Orb, Girdle, or Scepter would work - and of those I'd recommend the Girdle.

Thanks!
Mike


The only issue I have with reprinting the might set is the fact that there will already be a +level token already in print
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #19

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: Hi Jeff,

I've seen a few people looking to get the Might Set to get +1 Level. The Boots and Scepter of Might are both readily available at or below PYP prices, but the Crown, Girdle, and Orb are all selling for premiums.

How about having a new Might Set token, that someone could get and combine with the Boots and Scepter from the secondary market? Alternatively, a reprint of the Orb, Girdle, or Scepter would work - and of those I'd recommend the Girdle.

Thanks!
Mike


The only issue I have with reprinting the might set is the fact that there will already be a +level token already in print


Maybe reprint two items in 2020 and two in 2021.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #20

Wayne Rhodes wrote:
The only issue I have with reprinting the might set is the fact that there will already be a +level token already in print


I completely agree.

Also, I thought when we started with the Charming set that we had eliminated the might set from reprint contention? If not, that's great news.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #21

If we are making tomes a slot, perhaps some that would be useful for the melee classes.

Manual of Bodily Health (+2 Con)
Manual of Quickness of Action (+2 Dex)
Manual of Gainful Exercise (+2 Str)
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #22

Wade Schwendemann wrote: If we are making tomes a slot, perhaps some that would be useful for the melee classes.

Manual of Bodily Health (+2 Con)
Manual of Quickness of Action (+2 Dex)
Manual of Gainful Exercise (+2 Str)


+1
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #23

Belt of Charms: +2 Charm slots
Slot expanders, if balanced to the slot/rarity appropriately, are a good thing.
Characters that have access to a legendary amulet and use Bracers of Guided Strike might appreciate an alternative charm slot expander.
Playing True Dungeon since 2012.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 5 months 3 days ago #24

Yancey wrote: I would love to see more stat dependent gear as opposed to class dependent. Like Thor’s hammer.


I support the theory, but I think Thor's Hammer is an exact example of what we should avoid. The stat chosen wound up being a minimal limiter on classes that previously weren't able to use a melee/ranged weapon of that strength, and is more of a limiter on classes that traditionally wielded weapons of that power level.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds