Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #13

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +3
  • Hero Member +3
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14280
So new dungeons will be premiering this year at Origins, not at GC?
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #14

bpsymington wrote: So new dungeons will be premiering this year at Origins, not at GC?

E1 and E2 will be at origins

No N2 or N3 at origins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #15

Fred K wrote: My 2cents is that we should do 4 runs of E3 and 1 each of E1 and E2. Most of the Patrons and bigger buyers also do Origins and will have done E1 and E2 (even if there are some minor modifications made between Origins and GenCon - it's still the same adventures).

Part of the draw of the Golden Ticket run is to be the first to try out new adventures. Last year, 2 of the 3 were new - this year only 1. Unfortunately, the change to only 1 being new wasn't made until the spring well after large orders were placed (I know it was unrelated to pre-orders, it sounds like the changes are more strategic in nature).

If 2/3rd of the runs are E3, that would mean most of those are filled by the more veteran/bigger buyers with newer players (who are less likely to do both origins and gencon) filling in E1 and E2 (along with stragglers who missed Origins that are bigger buyers)(looking at the sign-ups so far, though, it looks like there aren't any).

Any technical reason why this couldn't be done?

Fred


I also would vote for two more of the modules to be E3, mostly because I stumbled my way in to a Golden Ticket! Even though I am bummed that I cannot sign up for E3 (I will also play E1 and E2 at Origins) it does not outweigh the happiness of opening the Golden Ticket. I opened up my tokens when all of the E3 slots were already filled. I will wait a day or so to see this discussion before signing up for a run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #16

Someone mind filling me in on what the difference is whether you do E3 or the other 2? I’d assume the goodie bag was the same or am I missing something else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #17

Lazlo, different question, but becuase I've never done one of these before I don't know what day the runs are on. Are all three 7 pm runs on the same day, Thursday? Just trying to plan when to be at Gencon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #18

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +3
  • Hero Member +3
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14280

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: this is a special FREE run Jeff gives us. Why are people complaining. I don't get it.
IT IS FREE. plus you get a goodie bag.

it is an add on. a nice bonus,

it is first come first serve. just like when it was combat and puzzle.

Next year nothing might debut at GC. then what will people complain about


No complaints here. I just didn't know about this.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #19

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +3
  • Hero Member +3
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14280

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

bpsymington wrote: So new dungeons will be premiering this year at Origins, not at GC?

E1 and E2 will be at origins

No N2 or N3 at origins


Thank you.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #20

Flik wrote: Lazlo, different question, but becuase I've never done one of these before I don't know what day the runs are on. Are all three 7 pm runs on the same day, Thursday? Just trying to plan when to be at Gencon.


They are on Wednesday before Gen Con.

www.truedungeon.com/ticket
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #21

Krym wrote: Someone mind filling me in on what the difference is whether you do E3 or the other 2? I’d assume the goodie bag was the same or am I missing something else?


Should be all the same in the end as far as added benefits.

Since many of us will be playing the first 2 at origins, the 3rd one is more interesting since we will know nothing about it. That is why they are full.

If you are only going to gencon then any option is really equal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #22

jedibcg wrote:

Flik wrote: Lazlo, different question, but becuase I've never done one of these before I don't know what day the runs are on. Are all three 7 pm runs on the same day, Thursday? Just trying to plan when to be at Gencon.


They are on Wednesday before Gen Con.

www.truedungeon.com/ticket


I added that to the first post as well. Thanks
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #23

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Krym wrote: Someone mind filling me in on what the difference is whether you do E3 or the other 2? I’d assume the goodie bag was the same or am I missing something else?


Should be all the same in the end as far as added benefits.

Since many of us will be playing the first 2 at origins, the 3rd one is more interesting since we will know nothing about it. That is why they are full.

If you are only going to gencon then any option is really equal.

in the past the bags have been different (not based on which run you are on). They have a different relic and diff UR and diff gold bar amounts.

This does change every year so what happened in last years bag might not again.
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Golden Ticket Run Official Sign up 3 months 2 weeks ago #24

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Krym wrote: Someone mind filling me in on what the difference is whether you do E3 or the other 2? I’d assume the goodie bag was the same or am I missing something else?


Should be all the same in the end as far as added benefits.

Since many of us will be playing the first 2 at origins, the 3rd one is more interesting since we will know nothing about it. That is why they are full.

If you are only going to gencon then any option is really equal.

in the past the bags have been different (not based on which run you are on). They have a different relic and diff UR and diff gold bar amounts.

This does change every year so what happened in last years bag might not again.


Well, at least in theory, each bag has an equal chance of having either a 5K or 25K bar, any of the Relics, and any of the URs.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My fledgling token shop: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wade Schwendemann.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds