Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Completion Token Transmute?

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 5 days ago #25

Agree with what others have said about making the requirement "unique" completion tokens as opposed to specific ones to make it easier for everyone. That said, because there have been so many, we could turn in a ton. Bu if we're turning in a ton, the reward should be equally glorious.

"30× different Completion Tokens from at least three different years. You may not use more than two from the same year and all must be from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019."

The reward? The Ring of Blessed Heroism: 5th Level character gains +1 level. ;)
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 5 days ago #26

Picc wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Also, if you want a GHC or PAX completion but cant make it there, trade for it! There are plenty of new players there who would probably be happy to make a deal.


Easier said then done in some cases, again using Pax as an example, I haven't really seen a lot of soul coffers or boots of inferno step for sale yet. Probably because most of the newish players how got them don't come on the forms much.


I’m sure lots of completion tokens vanish every year into the back of closets or the trash.

Not Horns of Blasting. Grind players knew what they had, and how to trade or sell it if they didn’t want it. But there must be dozens if not hundreds of Coffers entombed at the San Antonio landfill.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 5 days ago #27

jedibcg wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Yeah I am not against one, I just expect it to be a much more difficult to figure out. When the RoH was being thought out there were only 5 different completion tokens. For 2018 there were 27 per the tokendb. Sounds like for 2019 we might have even more. With anything that complex I would imagine Jeff would get input from the form. Since we haven't seen it I don't expect one just yet. That said I have been holding onto mine for a few years now because changing them into trade goods today is no different than next year or the year after.


The QTR makes me think that there's a chance it could swing the other way for 2019. It looks like potentially 11 unique completion tokens. The only ones listed for non-GenCon events that don't look like they easily match up to the GenCon ones are the two Origins tokens listed as 4 blanks (which might be typos for the two at GenCon with 3 blanks).


I don't trust the QTR for the number of completion tokens. It was printed before E1 and E2 were going to be at Origins. So I would guess the 2 unique tokens listed for Origins would have been just E1. Now that it is E1 and E2 I would guess (I could be very wrong) that they both have unique sets of completion. I hope the unique on is not on the Lite dungeon as it will have more vets playing it just to get the unique token(s) which partially defeats the purpose of having a lite dungeon.

Brad Mortensen wrote: 7 at GC plus 4 at each satellite would be, IMO, just way, way too many. Please, half that. Reuse a different set of GC’s comp tokens at each satellite, and add two new ones if you must. Thirteen still feels like too many to me, but it’s better than 19.

A comp token recipe could be like RoH’s: two different tokens per year from three years. No need to complicate things worse than they already are.


I understand collectors don't want to see more completion tokens (as it is more things to collect) but from a player standpoint it makes sense to have new completion tokens so there is something new for repeat players to get.

As far as a recipe even if we went to having only 8 or 11 unique completion tokens there would still be LOTS more in existence than there was in RoH's time. A would guess we would have to play for that in either in needing more (even if they are dupes) or in having something considering weaker. This is based on Jeff upping the gold fleece cost based on there being more monster bits. Note I am not saying this is something I support just thinking it would be likely based on what we have seen.


I like the idea of keeping unique completion tokens at all conventions, I think it does help incentivize people to do more than one convention (every little bit helps). Even though I'll only be able to get the ones at GENCON, as that's the only gaming convention we do.

Although, I may try BroCoCon next month, in Brown County, Indiana. It's really affordable, and right next to where we are regularly visiting anyway. I'm all for a True Dungeon presence at BroCoCon! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 5 days ago #28

Brad Mortensen wrote: . But there must be dozens if not hundreds of Coffers entombed at the San Antonio landfill.


Road trip! ;)
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 5 days ago #29

Fiddy wrote:

Picc wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Also, if you want a GHC or PAX completion but cant make it there, trade for it! There are plenty of new players there who would probably be happy to make a deal.


Easier said then done in some cases, again using Pax as an example, I haven't really seen a lot of soul coffers or boots of inferno step for sale yet. Probably because most of the newish players how got them don't come on the forms much.

Coffers specifically seems to be sold out everywhere at $30 which is about half the cost of the ticket at pax. Add in the starter pack and its a really cheap ticket. Same was true for horn of blasting a few years back. And again it is what it is, but it seems like its a problem that could entirely be avoided if the completion tokens were consistent between cons.


Yeah, such a wide variety of impacts... For the token, is it slotted vs slotless, consumable vs permanent, unique power vs already existing, need one per person or benefit from one per party, etc... and then is the convention heavily attended vs not, is the particular run heavily sold or not, did enough tokens get printed for all the runs or not...

Soul coffers are an extreme example. Permanent item, slotless, really could use one per party member, unique ability, low attendance con, and they ran out of the token.


Maybe some Soul Coffers will find their way into the GENCON treasure boxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 5 days ago #30

It would be great if, for completion tokens, TokenDB.com listed which convention they were completion tokens for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 5 days ago #31

Mike Steele wrote: It would be great if, for completion tokens, TokenDB.com listed which convention they were completion tokens for.


Along with which run(s) they were for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 4 days ago #32

Mike Steele wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Picc wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Also, if you want a GHC or PAX completion but cant make it there, trade for it! There are plenty of new players there who would probably be happy to make a deal.


Easier said then done in some cases, again using Pax as an example, I haven't really seen a lot of soul coffers or boots of inferno step for sale yet. Probably because most of the newish players how got them don't come on the forms much.

Coffers specifically seems to be sold out everywhere at $30 which is about half the cost of the ticket at pax. Add in the starter pack and its a really cheap ticket. Same was true for horn of blasting a few years back. And again it is what it is, but it seems like its a problem that could entirely be avoided if the completion tokens were consistent between cons.


Yeah, such a wide variety of impacts... For the token, is it slotted vs slotless, consumable vs permanent, unique power vs already existing, need one per person or benefit from one per party, etc... and then is the convention heavily attended vs not, is the particular run heavily sold or not, did enough tokens get printed for all the runs or not...

Soul coffers are an extreme example. Permanent item, slotless, really could use one per party member, unique ability, low attendance con, and they ran out of the token.


Maybe some Soul Coffers will find their way into the GENCON treasure boxes.


3 years ago i'd argue against that Mike. Now with the dozen-ish completion tokens it's a chore even trying to trade for anything that's considered desirable. At least for Gen Con which is still the big con i'd like to see some completions make it to the box. Or for AG members let us turn in our yearly token for a completion token from any con even if it has to be done via mail.

I like functional reprints and cool shiny artwork, i detest special one of stuff that feel or are must have for a given tier of play. Especially anything slotless. I'm annoyed that i missed the boots from PAX South, but feel like missing the coffers is going to bite me on a grind/run at some point because i didn't spend money on ebay tracking one down.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 4 days ago #33

Matt wrote: 3 years ago i'd argue against that Mike. Now with the dozen-ish completion tokens it's a chore even trying to trade for anything that's considered desirable. At least for Gen Con which is still the big con i'd like to see some completions make it to the box. Or for AG members let us turn in our yearly token for a completion token from any con even if it has to be done via mail.

I like functional reprints and cool shiny artwork, i detest special one of stuff that feel or are must have for a given tier of play. Especially anything slotless. I'm annoyed that i missed the boots from PAX South, but feel like missing the coffers is going to bite me on a grind/run at some point because i didn't spend money on ebay tracking one down.


Well, I think that the AG idea is a solid one.

As for something coming back to bite you in Grind, that's the point of Grind, as I see it. Deal with fun, weird effects in interesting ways.

Either way, If a Soul Coffer is too much to chase down, perhaps a Soul Jar?

Perhaps this could also be a way to incentivize more volunteers. Instead of the completion tokens from the con you are at, maybe a set of completion tokens from a con of your choice? The logistics might be too much to overcome here.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 4 days ago #34

I’m souring on slotless tokens. I just reworked my build. It now has 50 tokens. 15 of them are slotless.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 4 days ago #35

Harlax wrote: I’m souring on slotless tokens. I just reworked my build. It now has 50 tokens. 15 of them are slotless.


I'm impressed it isn't more. Most of mine have 24 or so. Bard is well beyond that.
Slotless is definitely a way to make a token more desirable.

I don't want this necessarily, but I could see a horn slot, a pouch slot, and/or perhaps a limit on slotless tokens in general.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completion Token Transmute? 7 months 4 days ago #36

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: I’m souring on slotless tokens. I just reworked my build. It now has 50 tokens. 15 of them are slotless.


I'm impressed it isn't more. Most of mine have 24 or so. Bard is well beyond that.
Slotless is definitely a way to make a token more desirable.

I don't want this necessarily, but I could see a horn slot, a pouch slot, and/or perhaps a limit on slotless tokens in general.


I’m sure it could be more if I worked at it a bit.

Challenge accepted. ;)

Edit. I’m up to 55/20 now. More to come I’m sure.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds