Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Character Generators (App)

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 8 hours ago #289

So I have noticed a few quirks with the android app.

First lets talk about Eldritch Set Bonuses copied for reference below. The app only seems to support up to a 3 set bonus right now when 4 will be possible this season, boots, ring, kilt, rod. I for the life of me can't get the 4 set bonus to trigger. The 5 set bonus should probably be programmed in as well. Also sometimes the set bonus doesn't calculate right but I think it might be weirdness with one of the items. I also don't think the damage is being calculated correctly.

My cleric should have 11 damage from str, 5 damage from boots and 2 damage from set bonus for melee but it only ever shows up as 16. Here is the thing I am seeing the healing change when I add a 4th eldritch item but the set bonus on page 3 doesn't change and the damage doesn't change so something weird is going on.

When at least two items are equipped, the character gains +1 level as well bonuses to healing and/or damage spells they cast, and weapon attacks. The bonuses gained are as follows:
Tier Lvl* Heals Cast** Dmg†
2-piece +1 +4 +1
3-piece +1 +6 +2
4-piece +1 +8 +3
5-piece‡ +1 +10 +4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 5 hours ago #290

James J Krot wrote: So I have noticed a few quirks with the android app.

First lets talk about Eldritch Set Bonuses copied for reference below. The app only seems to support up to a 3 set bonus right now when 4 will be possible this season, boots, ring, kilt, rod. I for the life of me can't get the 4 set bonus to trigger. The 5 set bonus should probably be programmed in as well. Also sometimes the set bonus doesn't calculate right but I think it might be weirdness with one of the items. I also don't think the damage is being calculated correctly.

My cleric should have 11 damage from str, 5 damage from boots and 2 damage from set bonus for melee but it only ever shows up as 16. Here is the thing I am seeing the healing change when I add a 4th eldritch item but the set bonus on page 3 doesn't change and the damage doesn't change so something weird is going on.

When at least two items are equipped, the character gains +1 level as well bonuses to healing and/or damage spells they cast, and weapon attacks. The bonuses gained are as follows:
Tier Lvl* Heals Cast** Dmg†
2-piece +1 +4 +1
3-piece +1 +6 +2
4-piece +1 +8 +3
5-piece‡ +1 +10 +4

Several things to unpack. The set bonuses for healing and spell damage are working correctly. They are not being applied to melee or missile. The reason is described in an earlier post on this thread, but it will be fixed.

I have been waiting for the 2019 variable effects to be announced so I can build those in at the same time.

You are correct about the 3rd page listing the set bonuses. It isn't counting above 3, although the effects are counting up correctly. That will also be fixed on the next rev.

Thanks
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 3 weeks ago #291

The latest version of the Character Generator apps have been released for IOS and Android. Version 6.1 includes the following updates:

- Corrected the Eldritch Set Bonus to include Melee/Missile damage
- Corrected Tankard of Health
- Corrected Polymorph To Hit Bonus for 5th level Elf Wizards
- Corrected Ioun Stone Glass Sphere and Ioun Stone Glass Cube
- Corrected Dark Disciple's Shirt to allow access to Teeth of Cavadar
- Bogling Shirt is now in the shirt slot and not armor
- Corrected description for Lenses of the Hunter
- Corrected spelling of Totem Amulet
- Added better descriptions of set bonuses on the Sets Used view

Also a HUGE shoutout to Druegar for pinning this thread, and all the exceptional work with the Token Database . I always rely on it for getting the corrections right! Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 3 weeks ago #292

Just noticed on the transmute app it says under widseths legendary lute that it requires a lute of fury and it should be a lute of free fury

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 3 weeks ago #293

I noticed a more complicated potential bug. If you clone an existing character then change the class (useful for not putting in quite a few similar items for spellcasters), it appears to default to allow the original class's items. For example, I cloned a wizard and made it a bard. The new bard could use Resla's Focus Ring, Mad Evoker's Charm, etc and couldn't use bard only items such as bardic instruments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 3 weeks ago #294

Fred K wrote: I noticed a more complicated potential bug. If you clone an existing character then change the class (useful for not putting in quite a few similar items for spellcasters), it appears to default to allow the original class's items. For example, I cloned a wizard and made it a bard. The new bard could use Resla's Focus Ring, Mad Evoker's Charm, etc and couldn't use bard only items such as bardic instruments.

I tried this on both IOS and Android versions and was not able to recreate the problem you describe. I built a wizard with the Hat of Intellect, and added the Greater Ring of Focus and the Mad Evoker's Charm. I then cloned the character, and then highlighted the clone, tapped into the 'Add' and changed the class to Fighter. After 'Done', went to edit the clone, which was now listed as fighter. It correctly removed the Greater Ring of Focus and the Mad Evoker's Charm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 3 weeks ago #295

Cranston wrote:

Fred K wrote: I noticed a more complicated potential bug. If you clone an existing character then change the class (useful for not putting in quite a few similar items for spellcasters), it appears to default to allow the original class's items. For example, I cloned a wizard and made it a bard. The new bard could use Resla's Focus Ring, Mad Evoker's Charm, etc and couldn't use bard only items such as bardic instruments.

I tried this on both IOS and Android versions and was not able to recreate the problem you describe. I built a wizard with the Hat of Intellect, and added the Greater Ring of Focus and the Mad Evoker's Charm. I then cloned the character, and then highlighted the clone, tapped into the 'Add' and changed the class to Fighter. After 'Done', went to edit the clone, which was now listed as fighter. It correctly removed the Greater Ring of Focus and the Mad Evoker's Charm.


I'll PM you if I can replicate it again. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 3 weeks ago #296

Nick S wrote: Just noticed on the transmute app it says under widseths legendary lute that it requires a lute of fury and it should be a lute of free fury

Sigh... This is a problem. I have submitted the correction to Apple. It should be released early next week.

Android gets to be a much bigger issue. Google in its infinite (Wisdom?) decided to change the default location of the signature files for apps. Not a huge problem, until they decided to delete the directory where they used to be kept. All as part of the same release. The result is that the signature files for the Character Generator and the Transmuter were lost. I was able to recover the one for the Character Generator (lucky for all of us), but was not able to recover the one for the Transmuter. The install package for an app must include the same signature file as it was originally released with, or it will not be accepted.

Long story short, I will need to create a new Transmuter app with a new name. Same code, but a new name. Upon doing that, i will need to remove the existing Token Transmuter app from Google Play. I apologize for the inconvenience, but at least it's a free app.

I do not have target date for the change yet for Android. I need to figure out how hard it's going to be to change the app name. The TDTokens web site will need to change along with all the links on signatures, etc. Thank you, Google.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 3 weeks ago #297

The update to the Token Transmuter for IOS has been released. The only change is the correction to Widseth's Legendary Lute. It now correctly lists the Lute of Free Fury relic as an ingredient, rather than the UR Lute of Fury.

The Android version should get a correction next week, and as noted above will be a different app. The name will be 'Token Transmute' rather than the present 'Token Transmuter'. It is a free app, so there is no cost associated with the change, but you will need to deal with entering your inventory numbers again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 2 weeks ago #298

The new Token Transmute for Android(replaces Token Transmuter) is now available on Google Play.

Here is the link:
Token Transmute

The specific change is to correct the Widseth's Legendary Lute recipe to correctly list the Lute of Free Fury.

This is a new app, which is required due to the app signing rules at Google. It is a free app, and maintains all the same features as the previous app. I will be discontinuing the original app: Token Transmuter (yes I just dropped the R from the end of the name)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 2 weeks ago #299

I think there may be an issue with the Android app.

When I create a party of 10 with CoA, ISSN, ISGN, and 6th level player, it still lists treasure as 19 each rather than 21 each.

Each individual character correctly lists 19 min 21 max.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 4 months 1 week ago #300

Going through my Cleric build and looks like the app is not correctly picking up the healing bonus from the new Eldritch set. When I equip a Rod and Supreme Ring I only get +2 to healing instead of +4. When I throw on a pair of Eldritch Boots I only get +4 instead of +6. It appears to be picking up the damage bonus correctly.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds