Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reminder on Spellbook creation

Reminder on Spellbook creation 3 months 1 week ago #37

Spell book I’d like to see.

Ur that grants one “page” aka a single scroll to be added to the wizards card at first level (sub any 1st level spell) scroll rare or lower is cast without turn in. Spell modifiers apply as if cast from card.

Relic grants two pages of ur, 4*, 3* rare or lower to be added at 0 level to the wizard card. Cast as a spell from the card with modifiers.

Legendary grants 5 scrolls be added as 0 level spells of any scroll level. Cast as spells from the card. One is cast without Marking the card.

And (jokingly) I think the transmute should include 5 bard instruments as the wizards burn all of them to create the ink required to pen their fancy book. Also no scrolls that rhyme can be in the book above UR level, they have no time for entertainment, they can’t have any pun scrolls.

Edit : I just re-read something from the 2021 token dev cycle and Jeff should probably be cited as the originator of this idea. Lords and Ladies v1 says what
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by macxdmg.

Reminder on Spellbook creation 3 months 1 week ago #38

macxdmg wrote: Legendary grants 5 scrolls be added as 0 level spells of any scroll level. Cast as spells from the card. One is cast without Marking the card.


I'm not sure how to interpret the "One" in the last sentence. Are you suggesting that 1 of the 5 scrolls be able to be cast without ever marking it off the card? Or are you suggesting that a single casting of one of the scrolls be done without marking the card? Or potentially one casting of each of the 5 scrolls doesn't get marked? (or potentially some other intent that I missed entirely)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reminder on Spellbook creation 3 months 1 week ago #39

Fiddy wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Legendary grants 5 scrolls be added as 0 level spells of any scroll level. Cast as spells from the card. One is cast without Marking the card.


I'm not sure how to interpret the "One" in the last sentence. Are you suggesting that 1 of the 5 scrolls be able to be cast without ever marking it off the card? Or are you suggesting that a single casting of one of the scrolls be done without marking the card? Or potentially one casting of each of the 5 scrolls doesn't get marked? (or potentially some other intent that I missed entirely)


I left it vague as I don’t know what would be appropriate. I was thinking one spell per adventure is cast without marking the card at the legendary level, one scroll from the spellbook that is. I vaguely remember maybe all 5 scroll uses were usable once and not marked from the card from one version of the 2021 legendary, similar to the cleric UR ring ended up. I wanted to actually leave room for relic level scrolls to exist. I also have no dogs in this, I’m a monk or a bard and wanted to add to the spellbook design space because I enjoy the thought as it is very wizardly to build a spell list to decide the useful set of spells from a large selection for a day. I hope it is enjoyed.

Edit : option 2 was my idea, purposefully vague.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by macxdmg.

Reminder on Spellbook creation 3 months 1 week ago #40

macxdmg wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Legendary grants 5 scrolls be added as 0 level spells of any scroll level. Cast as spells from the card. One is cast without Marking the card.


I'm not sure how to interpret the "One" in the last sentence. Are you suggesting that 1 of the 5 scrolls be able to be cast without ever marking it off the card? Or are you suggesting that a single casting of one of the scrolls be done without marking the card? Or potentially one casting of each of the 5 scrolls doesn't get marked? (or potentially some other intent that I missed entirely)


I left it vague as I don’t know what would be appropriate. I was thinking one spell per adventure is cast without marking the card at the legendary level, one scroll from the spellbook that is. I vaguely remember maybe all 5 scroll uses were usable once and not marked from the card from one version of the 2021 legendary, similar to the cleric UR ring ended up. I wanted to actually leave room for relic level scrolls to exist. I also have no dogs in this, I’m a monk or a bard and wanted to add to the spellbook design space because I enjoy the thought as it is very wizardly to build a spell list to decide the useful set of spells from a large selection for a day. I hope it is enjoyed.


Existing Wizard Legendary Necklace currently gives 1 spell per room without expending. 1/game would be a rather weak ability.

I'd much rather just see it printed as a slotless UR token that allows you to add 5 scrolls that can be cast in place of level 1 spells. Just mark off a level 1 spell and replace it's printed effect with the scroll effect.

Even at the rare level this results in a damage difference of -2/-1/0/+1/+2 with the only +2 existing in a rare scroll from 2021 design.

The main benefit would be adding different elemental types to Wizard damage spells and giving more options as to what the Wizard can do in the form of Scrolls such as knock or stone to flesh.

I REALLY do not think it needs to be an UR/Relic/Legendary token. And if it were crafted as such I'd want to see it add +2/3/5 spell damage as the class necklace gave no spell damage bonus by itself. (unlike some of the others that add +10/attack or +14/turn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reminder on Spellbook creation 3 months 1 week ago #41

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

macxdmg wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Legendary grants 5 scrolls be added as 0 level spells of any scroll level. Cast as spells from the card. One is cast without Marking the card.


I'm not sure how to interpret the "One" in the last sentence. Are you suggesting that 1 of the 5 scrolls be able to be cast without ever marking it off the card? Or are you suggesting that a single casting of one of the scrolls be done without marking the card? Or potentially one casting of each of the 5 scrolls doesn't get marked? (or potentially some other intent that I missed entirely)


I left it vague as I don’t know what would be appropriate. I was thinking one spell per adventure is cast without marking the card at the legendary level, one scroll from the spellbook that is. I vaguely remember maybe all 5 scroll uses were usable once and not marked from the card from one version of the 2021 legendary, similar to the cleric UR ring ended up. I wanted to actually leave room for relic level scrolls to exist. I also have no dogs in this, I’m a monk or a bard and wanted to add to the spellbook design space because I enjoy the thought as it is very wizardly to build a spell list to decide the useful set of spells from a large selection for a day. I hope it is enjoyed.


Existing Wizard Legendary Necklace currently gives 1 spell per room without expending. 1/game would be a rather weak ability.

I'd much rather just see it printed as a slotless UR token that allows you to add 5 scrolls that can be cast in place of level 1 spells. Just mark off a level 1 spell and replace it's printed effect with the scroll effect.

Even at the rare level this results in a damage difference of -2/-1/0/+1/+2 with the only +2 existing in a rare scroll from 2021 design.

The main benefit would be adding different elemental types to Wizard damage spells and giving more options as to what the Wizard can do in the form of Scrolls such as knock or stone to flesh.

I REALLY do not think it needs to be an UR/Relic/Legendary token. And if it were crafted as such I'd want to see it add +2/3/5 spell damage as the class necklace gave no spell damage bonus by itself. (unlike some of the others that add +10/attack or +14/turn)


A slotless spell book at UR that gives a player 5 rare or lower scrolls that they can cast at 1st level? This sounds very familiar. I like it, while is clearly better than the part of my suggestion which is not quoted.

As for the rest of your suggestion I believe you failed to read my original suggestion, no it doesn’t grant you five options until legendary, and not it doesn’t specifically grant additional damage, it opens the opportunity not for +10 but significantly more. Significantly more assuming a transmutable scroll becomes a thing, and casting as a 0 level spell at ~ 10 damage is powerful enough for your single monster situations. This doesn’t make you a sorcerer with a huge spell pool at UR, you have to be selective until you reach for relic or legendary sure, the idea though of legendary scrolls cast as a 0 level spell is not something I believe you appreciate though.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reminder on Spellbook creation 3 months 1 week ago #42

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 789

macxdmg wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

macxdmg wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

macxdmg wrote: Legendary grants 5 scrolls be added as 0 level spells of any scroll level. Cast as spells from the card. One is cast without Marking the card.


I'm not sure how to interpret the "One" in the last sentence. Are you suggesting that 1 of the 5 scrolls be able to be cast without ever marking it off the card? Or are you suggesting that a single casting of one of the scrolls be done without marking the card? Or potentially one casting of each of the 5 scrolls doesn't get marked? (or potentially some other intent that I missed entirely)


I left it vague as I don’t know what would be appropriate. I was thinking one spell per adventure is cast without marking the card at the legendary level, one scroll from the spellbook that is. I vaguely remember maybe all 5 scroll uses were usable once and not marked from the card from one version of the 2021 legendary, similar to the cleric UR ring ended up. I wanted to actually leave room for relic level scrolls to exist. I also have no dogs in this, I’m a monk or a bard and wanted to add to the spellbook design space because I enjoy the thought as it is very wizardly to build a spell list to decide the useful set of spells from a large selection for a day. I hope it is enjoyed.


Existing Wizard Legendary Necklace currently gives 1 spell per room without expending. 1/game would be a rather weak ability.

I'd much rather just see it printed as a slotless UR token that allows you to add 5 scrolls that can be cast in place of level 1 spells. Just mark off a level 1 spell and replace it's printed effect with the scroll effect.

Even at the rare level this results in a damage difference of -2/-1/0/+1/+2 with the only +2 existing in a rare scroll from 2021 design.

The main benefit would be adding different elemental types to Wizard damage spells and giving more options as to what the Wizard can do in the form of Scrolls such as knock or stone to flesh.

I REALLY do not think it needs to be an UR/Relic/Legendary token. And if it were crafted as such I'd want to see it add +2/3/5 spell damage as the class necklace gave no spell damage bonus by itself. (unlike some of the others that add +10/attack or +14/turn)


A slotless spell book at UR that gives a player 5 rare or lower scrolls that they can cast at 1st level? This sounds very familiar. I like it, while is clearly better than the part of my suggestion which is not quoted.

As for the rest of your suggestion I believe you failed to read my original suggestion, no it doesn’t grant you five options until legendary, and not it doesn’t specifically grant additional damage, it opens the opportunity not for +10 but significantly more. Significantly more assuming a transmutable scroll becomes a thing, and casting as a 0 level spell at ~ 10 damage is powerful enough for your single monster situations. This doesn’t make you a sorcerer with a huge spell pool at UR, you have to be selective until you reach for relic or legendary sure, the idea though of legendary scrolls cast as a 0 level spell is not something I believe you appreciate though.

All of that second half is assuming a transmute scroll exists some day. Has there been any indication from anyone at TD that this is something they've even considered?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reminder on Spellbook creation 3 months 1 week ago #43

NightGod wrote: All of that second half is assuming a transmute scroll exists some day. Has there been any indication from anyone at TD that this is something they've even considered?


It's never been even hinted at that it'd be considered. It's a possibility that transmuted scrolls could be a thing specific to the spellbook but it would have to be part of the spellbook construction and have a commitment to create new ones each year in order for that to be a thing.

And having a scroll transmute every year, for the existence of a single spellbook token for a single class just seems to be a lot of resources to apply to a single subsection of a single class on a fairly consistent basis.

It seems that a much better solution would be to implement it as suggested. As a way to swap out printed spells for additional options over the course of a dungeon.

Common and Uncommon scrolls as level 0 spells
Rare Scrolls as level 1 spells
Ultra Rare Scrolls as level 2 spells
Relic or higher transmuted scrolls as level 3 spells (purely to future proof if TD decides to create transmuted scrolls at some point in the future)

Possibly have Uncommon Scrolls as level 1 spells but uncommon damage scrolls are much closer to level 0 spells in damage than level 1.


I'd much rather have the spellbook be a single simple token that gives Wizards more options than a transmuted token that adds more cost to the players and the power creep necessary to have a Legendary spellbook.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds