Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Selling Gold

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #1

So I have a bunch of loss gold item token, probably about 3k worth, that I would like to get rid of. I have heard you can sell gold to people but I cannot find anywhere that gives me a good value for how much they are worth. Can anyone direct me to who I can sell these to and how much they are worth. No I do not want to sell them on ebay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #2

5k blocks have been generally going on ebay for in the 70-75 range at since at least September. There are reputable stores that still list at 17 to 20 per 1k though.

Post in truedungeon.com/forum?view=category&catid=61 if you're looking for offers or truedungeon.com/forum?view=category&catid=584 if you want to try to run an auction on the forums.

Either way you're going to want to get an exact count before moving forward and if any of the tokens look particularly interesting (wooden, or strange for some other reason) it's probably to your benefit to call that out as well.

Also, if any have been turned into 1000 GP bars, you'll need to specify if the plastic is gold or brown.

If you are going to Gen Con next year I would guess the 1 vendor booth that deals in tokens would buy them at around 50% of their retail price (which is $15 per 1k).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aegoce.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #3

Aegoce wrote: 5k blocks have been generally going on ebay for in the 70-75 range at since at least September. There are reputable stores that still list at 17 to 20 per 1k though.

Post in truedungeon.com/forum?view=category&catid=61 if you're looking for offers or truedungeon.com/forum?view=category&catid=584 if you want to try to run an auction on the forums.

Either way you're going to want to get an exact count before moving forward and if any of the tokens look particularly interesting (wooden, or strange for some other reason) it's probably to your benefit to call that out as well.

Also, if any have been turned into 1000 GP bars, you'll need to specify if the plastic is gold or brown.

If you are going to Gen Con next year I would guess the 1 vendor booth that deals in tokens would buy them at around 50% of their retail price (which is $15 per 1k).


Good advice but I’ll guess the Wholesale rate is a lot less. I would guess in the 7-9 range. Most importantly exact figures and years might help.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #4

Sorry for being unclear. $15 is what the price to customers at the booth is. I agree that I would expect they would be buying around 7.50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #5

Aegoce wrote: Sorry for being unclear. $15 is what the price to customers at the booth is. I agree that I would expect they would be buying around 7.50


My 2 cents - I'm betting the bigger buyers would pay more then $7.50 for 1K. I don't think there's that much of a spread on GP compared to other items. It's much tighter. If anyone wants to sell me gold in bulk for $7.50 per 1K I'd buy as much as I could, which would be a lot.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #6

Rob F wrote:

Aegoce wrote: Sorry for being unclear. $15 is what the price to customers at the booth is. I agree that I would expect they would be buying around 7.50


My 2 cents - I'm betting the bigger buyers would pay more then $7.50 for 1K. I don't think there's that much of a spread on GP compared to other items. It's much tighter. If anyone wants to sell me gold in bulk for $7.50 per 1K I'd buy as much as I could, which would be a lot.


Lining up after Rob to buy at $7.50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #7

The 50% guess for how much the booth might offer is based primarily on old episodes of pawn stars and the assumption probably most small resale businesses functioning as true primary sources of income for the owner and staff have to shoot for similar doubling margins to cover taxes, wages, etc.

The only time I've talked to them about selling was the first ur I got in a pack. Lenses of Divine sight I think was known to be quite good even the year it came out, yet the purchase offer was around 60 to 65. I think even at that point most of the resellers were listing for 120.

Selling to the booth is not optimal for getting the best rate, but it is probably the lowest difficulty option. Kirk's cart at gen con would be a little harder to find at the right time, but probably survives on less markup and might pay a bit more. Any other sales option should be pretty close to the $15/1k level.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #8

You could also trade your gold for tokens you're interested in......

Trading or selling live also avoids the hassle of postage.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #9

Thanks for the help. I added it up and comes 3250. I have a lot of the 50 gp horns and a few of the rare rings from this year that are 300 gp a piece. If I could get at least 30$ out of it I would probably be happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #10

PM sent
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling Gold 6 months 2 weeks ago #12

I'd give you more then $30. PM Sent
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds