Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: +5 Final Transmute Recipes

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #73

jacob717 wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote: I haven't gone through the rest of the posts but Chris and Jacob, I think the Canteen of Quaffing is most useful for new players. It's basically allowing you to take a healing potion for FREE. Even if it's an uncommon and healing 3-4 points. It's still a FREE action which doesn't take away from combat unless you're using Medallion of Mystic mouth or something else that requires your free action. IMHO, I think it's a great token.


I agree the canteen is a good new player transmute and is fairly costed but myself and I believe Chris are more concerned with the rest of the non 5 star relic transmutes. They are clearly targeted at the mid tier players since new players couldn’t afford them and higher tier players would already have a better option with an UR. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like I’m in the mid tier since I’ve been buying the $250 pack each year and running each dungeon and grind available at gencon for the last few years but I’m not really even close to being able to transmute these on my own without purchasing a lot of additional trade tokens and would probably rather just spend the extra to get an UR than an item that becomes useless if I ever do get an UR for that slot.


While I agree that any transmute whether it’s a 3 star or a relic is a personal decision and requires this or that type considerations, IIRC Chris started his review with the canteen and dismissed it as useless for new players. Perhaps your continued comments were not specifically about the canteen and I was only specifically talking about the canteen. I was simply pointing out that I believe it to be a worthwhile transmute.
I wasn’t trying to make any sort of judgment about any of the other tokens as they have been thoroughly hashed and rehashed to death in other threads. I personally like the theme of some of the other tokens but don’t know if I’ll transmute them. I like the dog token but typically play Wizard so it wouldn’t be usable by me. I still like it but doubt I’ll get it.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bob Chasan.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #74

These tokens are so exciting!

When can we start sending our greenbacks your way?

Has the pricing and choices changed from 2018?

Are the number of GT going to change with how the number of dungeon runs changed at GenCon?

February delivery? (So After Pax South but before Origins?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #75

The Golden Tickets question is a good one. With three dungeons at GenCon 40 seems like a strange number. 30 or 60 would be better perhaps? Although I'd hate to see the number decrease.

Perhaps print 60 and you can use them at either Origins or GenCon based on signup?

It would be good for me to know because it could affect my pricing of portions of $8k packs.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #76

If it is like this year with two new dungeons at GenCon, then keeping at 40 or going to 60 seems to make sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #77

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6806
That depends on what happens at Origins. If a new dungeon debuts there and and two new one debut at GenCon, then 40 still works.

If all there are three dungeons which debut at GenCon 60 makes sense.


Although I like Kirk's idea of a GT run at Origins.as well.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #78

Harlax wrote: That depends on what happens at Origins. If a new dungeon debuts there and and two new one debut at GenCon, then 40 still works.

If all there are three dungeons which debut at GenCon 60 makes sense.


Although I like Kirk's idea of a GT run at Origins.as well.


An interesting idea. Would Origins allow an event to run before it's official start?

How do you determine who gets to go on each run? First come first served doesn't really feel right given that there are different lengths of time for people to receive their tokens from TD.

Maybe Golden Tickets for GC, Silver (Platinum?) for Origins?
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #79

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: That depends on what happens at Origins. If a new dungeon debuts there and and two new one debut at GenCon, then 40 still works.

If all there are three dungeons which debut at GenCon 60 makes sense.


Although I like Kirk's idea of a GT run at Origins.as well.


An interesting idea. Would Origins allow an event to run before it's official start?

How do you determine who gets to go on each run? First come first served doesn't really feel right given that there are different lengths of time for people to receive their tokens from TD.

Maybe Golden Tickets for GC, Silver (Platinum?) for Origins?


Kind of what I thought as well, Golden Ticket feels like it should stay unique to Gen Con. Although, I guess if both locations held Golden Ticket runs then anyone pulling one would have a choice of which location they prefer to run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #80

Dave wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: That depends on what happens at Origins. If a new dungeon debuts there and and two new one debut at GenCon, then 40 still works.

If all there are three dungeons which debut at GenCon 60 makes sense.


Although I like Kirk's idea of a GT run at Origins.as well.


An interesting idea. Would Origins allow an event to run before it's official start?

How do you determine who gets to go on each run? First come first served doesn't really feel right given that there are different lengths of time for people to receive their tokens from TD.

Maybe Golden Tickets for GC, Silver (Platinum?) for Origins?


Kind of what I thought as well, Golden Ticket feels like it should stay unique to Gen Con. Although, I guess if both locations held Golden Ticket runs then anyone pulling one would have a choice of which location they prefer to run.


This I would want to avoid.

If we all pre-order tokens from TD, but one of us lives in Illinois and another in Australia, it takes significantly longer for one to get their tokens than the other.

Not a huge deal if we're just trying to fill slots at GC.

A big deal if time is how we choose to decide which player gets to play at which con.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #81

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Dave wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: That depends on what happens at Origins. If a new dungeon debuts there and and two new one debut at GenCon, then 40 still works.

If all there are three dungeons which debut at GenCon 60 makes sense.


Although I like Kirk's idea of a GT run at Origins.as well.


An interesting idea. Would Origins allow an event to run before it's official start?

How do you determine who gets to go on each run? First come first served doesn't really feel right given that there are different lengths of time for people to receive their tokens from TD.

Maybe Golden Tickets for GC, Silver (Platinum?) for Origins?


Kind of what I thought as well, Golden Ticket feels like it should stay unique to Gen Con. Although, I guess if both locations held Golden Ticket runs then anyone pulling one would have a choice of which location they prefer to run.


This I would want to avoid.

If we all pre-order tokens from TD, but one of us lives in Illinois and another in Australia, it takes significantly longer for one to get their tokens than the other.

Not a huge deal if we're just trying to fill slots at GC.

A big deal if time is how we choose to decide which player gets to play at which con.


this idea is not great... if you only come to GenCon you are basically giving a golden ticket and then taking it away from a player.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #82

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6806
It wouldn't work at GHC as things currently stand there. There are two VIP runs the evening that set up and training finish.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #83

Lordoftherealm wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Dave wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: That depends on what happens at Origins. If a new dungeon debuts there and and two new one debut at GenCon, then 40 still works.

If all there are three dungeons which debut at GenCon 60 makes sense.


Although I like Kirk's idea of a GT run at Origins.as well.


An interesting idea. Would Origins allow an event to run before it's official start?

How do you determine who gets to go on each run? First come first served doesn't really feel right given that there are different lengths of time for people to receive their tokens from TD.

Maybe Golden Tickets for GC, Silver (Platinum?) for Origins?


Kind of what I thought as well, Golden Ticket feels like it should stay unique to Gen Con. Although, I guess if both locations held Golden Ticket runs then anyone pulling one would have a choice of which location they prefer to run.


This I would want to avoid.

If we all pre-order tokens from TD, but one of us lives in Illinois and another in Australia, it takes significantly longer for one to get their tokens than the other.

Not a huge deal if we're just trying to fill slots at GC.

A big deal if time is how we choose to decide which player gets to play at which con.


this idea is not great... if you only come to GenCon you are basically giving a golden ticket and then taking it away from a player.


A lot of these debates have to remember two things. Not everyone has a business where they make money and are affected by the changes and two, not everyone can make it to every con sadly (even though we would like to)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+5 Final Transmute Recipes 1 year 2 months ago #84

Lordoftherealm wrote:

Lordoftherealm wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Dave wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: That depends on what happens at Origins. If a new dungeon debuts there and and two new one debut at GenCon, then 40 still works.

If all there are three dungeons which debut at GenCon 60 makes sense.


Although I like Kirk's idea of a GT run at Origins.as well.


An interesting idea. Would Origins allow an event to run before it's official start?

How do you determine who gets to go on each run? First come first served doesn't really feel right given that there are different lengths of time for people to receive their tokens from TD.

Maybe Golden Tickets for GC, Silver (Platinum?) for Origins?


Kind of what I thought as well, Golden Ticket feels like it should stay unique to Gen Con. Although, I guess if both locations held Golden Ticket runs then anyone pulling one would have a choice of which location they prefer to run.


This I would want to avoid.

If we all pre-order tokens from TD, but one of us lives in Illinois and another in Australia, it takes significantly longer for one to get their tokens than the other.

Not a huge deal if we're just trying to fill slots at GC.

A big deal if time is how we choose to decide which player gets to play at which con.


this idea is not great... if you only come to GenCon you are basically giving a golden ticket and then taking it away from a player.


A lot of these debates have to remember two things. Not everyone has a business where they make money and are affected by the changes and two, not everyone can make it to every con sadly (even though we would like to)



I definitely get that everyone can't make it to every con, but I don't think Jeff and Co. should be in the business of making sure GenCon is more valued than other cons TD runs at.

If you win a "silver ticket" for a premier run at Origins, but can't attend, how would that be any different than someone finding a golden ticket who can't attend GenCon?

I'm honestly at the point where I might consider just skipping GenCon altogether, and attending other Cons in different places. I can still get my TD fix and not have to fight a ridiculous crowd, organize to get a bunch of people to ready for the hotel lottery, or to hit submit the second tickets go on sale, etc.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds