Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Gen Con Online!

Gen Con Online! 2 months 4 weeks ago #1

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 8990
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 4 weeks ago #2

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15624
I like this. A good way to try to introduce more people to VTD. Not having treasure or XP for regulars should help make more slots available for new players.

If I did want to do this, would I need a GC Online badge in addition to my GC in-person badge?
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 4 weeks ago #3

That is cool!

Since I play every VTD, it sounds like I won't miss anything if I have to miss this? Due to being at Gen Con.

I will still play if I can, but I don't know if the schedule will work out.
Classes Played: Barbarian (37 times), Monk (34), Ranger (24), Rogue (19), Cleric (15), Fighter (11), Dwarf Fighter (8), Druid (7), Paladin (7), Bard (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 4 weeks ago #4

If it was new content I would play once, but I totally respect the best of with no XP for those who have already played.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 4 weeks ago #5

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10244

bpsymington wrote: I like this. A good way to try to introduce more people to VTD. Not having treasure or XP for regulars should help make more slots available for new players.

If I did want to do this, would I need a GC Online badge in addition to my GC in-person badge?

yes you need a free gen con online badge.
"A free Gen Con Online badge is required. Badge registration is open now."
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 4 weeks ago #6

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 8990
Yeah...we would appreciate it if VTD vets would wait a few days to allow VTD newbies a chance to grab tickets. We hope to get lots of TD folks to give it a try.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 4 weeks ago #7

Jeff Martin wrote: Yeah...we would appreciate it if VTD vets would wait a few days to allow VTD newbies a chance to grab tickets. We hope to get lots of TD folks to give it a try.


I sent an offer to Lori to DM for the mini event if I am needed. Figured that'd be the best way I could interact

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 3 weeks ago #8

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15624

jedibcg wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I like this. A good way to try to introduce more people to VTD. Not having treasure or XP for regulars should help make more slots available for new players.

If I did want to do this, would I need a GC Online badge in addition to my GC in-person badge?

yes you need a free gen con online badge.
"A free Gen Con Online badge is required. Badge registration is open now."


It does not say that an in-person badge would not be sufficient.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 3 weeks ago #9

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10244

bpsymington wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I like this. A good way to try to introduce more people to VTD. Not having treasure or XP for regulars should help make more slots available for new players.

If I did want to do this, would I need a GC Online badge in addition to my GC in-person badge?

yes you need a free gen con online badge.
"A free Gen Con Online badge is required. Badge registration is open now."


It does not say that an in-person badge would not be sufficient.


Correct because it says an Online Badge is required. Think of them as two different cons. Gen Con Indy and Gen Con Online. They have the same date, but have different registrations and differnet events.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 3 weeks ago #10

Applications to volunteer for Gen Con Online will be posted at tdvols.com today!

Lori
Lori :-)

Lori Martin
True Dungeon Exec. Director
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 3 weeks ago #11

Jeff and Lori

This really cool and a great way to give exposure to new TD adventurers. You guys never cease to amaze me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gen Con Online! 2 months 3 weeks ago #12

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 15624

jedibcg wrote:

bpsymington wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I like this. A good way to try to introduce more people to VTD. Not having treasure or XP for regulars should help make more slots available for new players.

If I did want to do this, would I need a GC Online badge in addition to my GC in-person badge?

yes you need a free gen con online badge.
"A free Gen Con Online badge is required. Badge registration is open now."


It does not say that an in-person badge would not be sufficient.


Correct because it says an Online Badge is required. Think of them as two different cons. Gen Con Indy and Gen Con Online. They have the same date, but have different registrations and differnet events.


And if one had an in-person badge it is perfectly reasonable to ask if a separate online badge would also be needed. The announcement does not say that.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds