Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ***Announcement***

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #13

i'm a vig and cannot find any access to rooms through the housing portal. i wonder when it opens up?
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20+ runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #14

smakdown wrote: i'm a vig and cannot find any access to rooms through the housing portal. i wonder when it opens up?

I read from one of the GC people, basically he said all they have done is announce the con date. They have done nothing else yet, and still working on the date issue's them selves. All will come later.

off handed guess, maybe a month. This year will likely be a struggle for them, even with a limited attendance and pushed back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #15

Rebeg wrote: Plus side of the limited attendance, DT hotel rooms should be much easier to get.

Though I did just check online, and the few who still had rooms clearly knew in advance and jacked up their rates by double.


On priceline... Saw a room increase $3672 / night between two clicks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #16

Lequinian wrote:

Rebeg wrote: Plus side of the limited attendance, DT hotel rooms should be much easier to get.

Though I did just check online, and the few who still had rooms clearly knew in advance and jacked up their rates by double.

Let me guess, one of the private "Condo" rooms downtown, like those on airbnb?

They tend to by outrageous in price, I really wonder how many they actually sell/rent.

On priceline... Saw a room increase $3672 / night between two clicks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #17

Rebeg wrote:

Lequinian wrote:

Rebeg wrote: Plus side of the limited attendance, DT hotel rooms should be much easier to get.

Though I did just check online, and the few who still had rooms clearly knew in advance and jacked up their rates by double.

Let me guess, one of the private "Condo" rooms downtown, like those on airbnb?

They tend to by outrageous in price, I really wonder how many they actually sell/rent.

On priceline... Saw a room increase $3672 / night between two clicks.


Along those lines, does anyone know anything about those tiny houses they had next to the Gate10 parking in 2019?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #18

I'm extra excited the first day of GenCon is on my birthday...idk why. I guess I just never thought I'd get to have a convention birthday, HAHA. Pretty great way to think about celebrating that.
~Rebecca

The Dragon's Horde aka our tokens for sale/trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=253588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dragon6483.

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #19

I'm very happy that TD will happen, but pretty annoyed at Gencon for scheduling it two weeks before Origins. -- Origins is my primary convention, and this will REALLY hurt them. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 1 week ago #20

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6530
I suspect all the conventions may still be in fighting for survival mode.

I was talking to my wife about it yesterday, and honestly I'm still not convinced Gencon is going to happen (hope it does) but really all they have done is announce a delayed date.

Who knows what the state of things will be by September, hopefully much improved, but IMO there are still a lot of barriers to overcome before states will allow large gatherings. And I could totally see a version of things playing out were there is a surge in cases after the first large gathering and the media jumps on it.

I don't want to be a downer, but lets all temper our expectations as we hope for the best.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

***Announcement*** 7 months 6 days ago #21

Picc wrote: Who knows what the state of things will be by September, hopefully much improved, but IMO there are still a lot of barriers to overcome before states will allow large gatherings.


They're allowing up to 17,500 people in Lucas Oil Stadium tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 6 days ago #22

Allen John wrote:

Picc wrote: Who knows what the state of things will be by September, hopefully much improved, but IMO there are still a lot of barriers to overcome before states will allow large gatherings.


They're allowing up to 17,500 people in Lucas Oil Stadium tomorrow.


Spectators maintaining social distancing while sitting in the stands isn't really comparable to a convention scenario. The logistics are completely different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 6 days ago #23

Allen John wrote:

Picc wrote: Who knows what the state of things will be by September, hopefully much improved, but IMO there are still a lot of barriers to overcome before states will allow large gatherings.


They're allowing up to 17,500 people in Lucas Oil Stadium tomorrow.


That's for the sportsball though. I'm not sure that there is the same pressure from outside sources to host a gaming convention.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***Announcement*** 7 months 6 days ago #24

Allen John wrote:

Picc wrote: Who knows what the state of things will be by September, hopefully much improved, but IMO there are still a lot of barriers to overcome before states will allow large gatherings.


They're allowing up to 17,500 people in Lucas Oil Stadium tomorrow.


Max seating capacity of 70,000.

Among the items include:
Temperature and health screenings
Face coverings in common areas and event spaces
Built-in six-foot physical distancing measures for floor plans, seating areas, and crowd management
Limited and designated entry and exit doors
One-way travel markers in hallways and corridors

Tickets sold in groups of 2 or 4 with groups of 2 in the nose bleed seats..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds