Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Indiana plan to re-open

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #1

The State of Indiana just announced their plans to re-open. You can see the 5-stage plan here

If you don't feel like reading through it all, jump to the last page. Conventions will be allowed starting July 4th, as long as social distancing measures are followed. I have no clue how you have GenCon with social distancing in place. IndyPopCon is still slated for the July 10th weekend, so that can at least act as a guinea pig.
Last edit: by Fiddy.
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #2

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7846
It will take some creative thinking to social distance true dungeon. Larger coaching rooms? Larger dungeon rooms and corridors? Smaller parties? Fewer dungeons? Fewer rooms in the dungeon? Mandatory face masks? Lots of hand sanitizer? (As a coach, I think about all those tokens I'll be handling)

Interesting times.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
Last edit: by Harlax.
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #3

There's a huge caveat that I missed including in my first post. All timelines say "if key principles of health remain positive". For what that means, you can check out the Re-open Principles
  • The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients statewide has decreased for 14 days
  • The state retains its surge capacity for critical care beds and ventilators
  • The state retains the ability to test all Hoosiers who are COVID-19 symptomatic, as well as healthcare workers, essential workers, first responders, and others as delineated on the ISDH website
  • Health officials have systems in place to contact all individuals who test positive for COVID-19 and complete contact tracing
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #4

How would you do contact tracing if someone comes down with Covid-19 after attending Gen Con? Do they get the list of con attendees and mandate that all 60,000 now need to quarantine for 14 days along with anyone they came into contact with after the con? Yikes.
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #5

Dave wrote: How would you do contact tracing if someone comes down with Covid-19 after attending Gen Con? Do they get the list of con attendees and mandate that all 60,000 now need to quarantine for 14 days along with anyone they came into contact with after the con? Yikes.


Yes - you would reach out to all attendees. The notification process is the biggest piece (which could just be done to all attendees through GenCon itself). From there, you provide a contact number for anyone who discovers they were infected and do normal contact tracing from there. I'm learning a great deal about this as my company is investigating going into contact tracing and GIS support for it.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #6

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14720
I maintain my optimism. It hurt so much to miss GC and TD last year, that missing it again would be terrible (I know, first world problems). I am glad to hear IN has this plan in place.

I am also glad that they are going to make this dependent on how much progress is made over the next couple of months. Three months is a long time.

Wearing my Blue Lantern sweatshirt.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #7

bpsymington wrote: I maintain my optimism. It hurt so much to miss GC and TD last year, that missing it again would be terrible (I know, first world problems). I am glad to hear IN has this plan in place.

I am also glad that they are going to make this dependent on how much progress is made over the next couple of months. Three months is a long time.

Wearing my Blue Lantern sweatshirt.


Do you actually have a Blue Lantern sweatshirt? That's pretty cool. :)
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #8

Mike Steele wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I maintain my optimism. It hurt so much to miss GC and TD last year, that missing it again would be terrible (I know, first world problems). I am glad to hear IN has this plan in place.

I am also glad that they are going to make this dependent on how much progress is made over the next couple of months. Three months is a long time.

Wearing my Blue Lantern sweatshirt.


Do you actually have a Blue Lantern sweatshirt? That's pretty cool. :)

orange is the best
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #9

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I maintain my optimism. It hurt so much to miss GC and TD last year, that missing it again would be terrible (I know, first world problems). I am glad to hear IN has this plan in place.

I am also glad that they are going to make this dependent on how much progress is made over the next couple of months. Three months is a long time.

Wearing my Blue Lantern sweatshirt.


Do you actually have a Blue Lantern sweatshirt? That's pretty cool. :)

orange is the best


I can see you as an Orange Lantern. Me too, probably. :)
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #10

Mike Steele wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I maintain my optimism. It hurt so much to miss GC and TD last year, that missing it again would be terrible (I know, first world problems). I am glad to hear IN has this plan in place.

I am also glad that they are going to make this dependent on how much progress is made over the next couple of months. Three months is a long time.

Wearing my Blue Lantern sweatshirt.


Do you actually have a Blue Lantern sweatshirt? That's pretty cool. :)

orange is the best


I can see you as an Orange Lantern. Me too, probably. :)

When lex luthor got the ring. That was fun
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #11

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I maintain my optimism. It hurt so much to miss GC and TD last year, that missing it again would be terrible (I know, first world problems). I am glad to hear IN has this plan in place.

I am also glad that they are going to make this dependent on how much progress is made over the next couple of months. Three months is a long time.

Wearing my Blue Lantern sweatshirt.


Do you actually have a Blue Lantern sweatshirt? That's pretty cool. :)

orange is the best


I can see you as an Orange Lantern. Me too, probably. :)

When lex luthor got the ring. That was fun


I think quite a few Token Collectors would fall under the Ring of Avarice. ;)
The topic has been locked.

Indiana plan to re-open 4 months 2 weeks ago #12

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1944

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

bpsymington wrote: I maintain my optimism. It hurt so much to miss GC and TD last year, that missing it again would be terrible (I know, first world problems). I am glad to hear IN has this plan in place.

I am also glad that they are going to make this dependent on how much progress is made over the next couple of months. Three months is a long time.

Wearing my Blue Lantern sweatshirt.


Do you actually have a Blue Lantern sweatshirt? That's pretty cool. :)

orange is the best


I can see you as an Orange Lantern. Me too, probably. :)

When lex luthor got the ring. That was fun


I never took you for a comic book reader. Interesting.
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds