Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GENCON Facebook Announcement

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #25

Social distancing in the Will Call line. It will stretch for miles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #26

Dave Autzen wrote: Social distancing in the Will Call line. It will stretch for miles.


Funny. Sad. And true all at once.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #27

I suspect mailed-to tickets & badges will be a lot more popular at al upcoming conventions. Hopefully all convention organizers will make the mailing of tickets & badges universally available.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #28

Rob F wrote:

Dave Autzen wrote: Social distancing in the Will Call line. It will stretch for miles.


Funny. Sad. And true all at once.


I imagine they might push to have people get their badges mailed rather than at will call (maybe even requiring it?).


Edit:

Druegar wrote: I suspect mailed-to tickets & badges will be a lot more popular at al upcoming conventions. Hopefully all convention organizers will make the mailing of tickets & badges universally available.


Yeah, basically that. XD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Azzy.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #29

Unless COVID is eradicated, which at this time CDC is pretty sure it won't be, I would have to pass on any conventions. If one person gets it at GENCON very high probability that thousands would get it. Not worth the risk for this guy.
Especially if you are in a highrisk category not really worth life and limb to play games. - But that is just me.

Cheers,
Ed
Team Legacy
Yes I'm an Arneson you do the math.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #30

Dave Autzen wrote: Social distancing in the Will Call line. It will stretch for miles.


I recall in 2003 it did stretch for what seemed like miles, even without social distancing. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #31

Mike Steele wrote:

Dave Autzen wrote: Social distancing in the Will Call line. It will stretch for miles.


I recall in 2003 it did stretch for what seemed like miles, even without social distancing. :)


I remember standing in that line outside in the sun for a couple hours. My first GenCon, so I didn't know any better. Immediately switched to doing mailed badge the next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #32

Fiddy wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Dave Autzen wrote: Social distancing in the Will Call line. It will stretch for miles.


I recall in 2003 it did stretch for what seemed like miles, even without social distancing. :)


I remember standing in that line outside in the sun for a couple hours. My first GenCon, so I didn't know any better. Immediately switched to doing mailed badge the next year.


I did will call, but a friend of mine didn't, and he was in that line for about half of the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #33

Mike Steele wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Dave Autzen wrote: Social distancing in the Will Call line. It will stretch for miles.


I recall in 2003 it did stretch for what seemed like miles, even without social distancing. :)


I remember standing in that line outside in the sun for a couple hours. My first GenCon, so I didn't know any better. Immediately switched to doing mailed badge the next year.


I did will call, but a friend of mine didn't, and he was in that line for about half of the day.

I have always done mail(before VIG badge acquired) except one year I hit the wrong button. Good thing I know a few people that run will call. I didn't wait in line. Its nice to have low friends in high places
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #34

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 8107
i have never waited long in the will call line. It can depend when you go and it generally moves fast. Once they stopped letting me pick other badges I bought I stopped doing WC.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 3 days ago #35

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: ... and not worry what will or wont happen.


Aw, but I'm so good at it.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GENCON Facebook Announcement 2 months 2 days ago #36

Last year I had the worst will call experience I have ever had before. I went on Wednesday figuring it would be short, got there about an hour before the golden ticket run and found the line stretched towards the baseball stadium across the street, so I gave up and went and did my golden ticket run.

Afterwards I went back hopeful the line would have died down some, if anything it was worse. It went the entire width of the convention center, out the doors and a little ways down the sidewalk. Took 2+ hours to get through, the good news is the line moved, but unless I forget to pick ship, never again. I have done will call several times in the past, always on Thursday morning and typically its only about 30-45 minutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds