Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transmute Ideas Please!

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 4 weeks ago #529

Xavon wrote:

John DiMartino wrote: Thanks another idea if this is two powerful is to have 2 levels of this item. One that reduces the requirements of one set and one that give a blanket reduction to all sets.

Adam Guay wrote: I feel like you could use this to abuse three possible 3cpiece eets at the same time....I like it.


Three levels; UR counts as one item for a single set of choice (except Eldritch) and is a neck slot. Relic is a ring for up to two sets (no restriction). And Legendary is a ring for any number of sets.

Instead of legendary ring, what about earcuff, ioun stone, or eye slot? Spread the love around on slots for legendaries?
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 4 weeks ago #530

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3149

Endgame wrote:

Xavon wrote:

John DiMartino wrote: Thanks another idea if this is two powerful is to have 2 levels of this item. One that reduces the requirements of one set and one that give a blanket reduction to all sets.

Adam Guay wrote: I feel like you could use this to abuse three possible 3cpiece eets at the same time....I like it.


Three levels; UR counts as one item for a single set of choice (except Eldritch) and is a neck slot. Relic is a ring for up to two sets (no restriction). And Legendary is a ring for any number of sets.

Instead of legendary ring, what about earcuff, ioun stone, or eye slot? Spread the love around on slots for legendaries?


Earcuff or eye would both work. I think Ioun Stone would be too strong. But I was thinking it does need to be a choice.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 4 weeks ago #531

Endgame wrote:
Xavon wrote:
John DiMartino wrote: Thanks another idea if this is two powerful is to have 2 levels of this item. One that reduces the requirements of one set and one that give a blanket reduction to all sets.
Adam Guay wrote: I feel like you could use this to abuse three possible 3cpiece eets at the same time....I like it.

Three levels; UR counts as one item for a single set of choice (except Eldritch) and is a neck slot. Relic is a ring for up to two sets (no restriction). And Legendary is a ring for any number of sets.
Instead of legendary ring, what about earcuff, ioun stone, or eye slot? Spread the love around on slots for legendaries?

Earcuff or eye would both work. I think Ioun Stone would be too strong. But I was thinking it does need to be a choice.


So my only issue with the first level being ultra rare is if a player pulls one it doesn’t do anything and requires them to have or buy 2 other ultra rares to make it work. Because losing a slot for rare set doesn’t seem worth it.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 4 weeks ago #532

Just make the ultra rare used for the relic have a different ability.... maybe a plus to ac or such si its usable at its base but really meant to be upgraded.
Fall down......Go boom!
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 4 weeks ago #533

Separate thought on the transmute paths - please include some of the less popular URs in the transmutes. Examples are: +2 light crossbow of Stunning, +2 Shieliegh (sp?), shirt of the fae, etc.. Some of the URs are rarely used - this would give them a bit of new life.

Fred
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 4 weeks ago #534

Fred K wrote: Separate thought on the transmute paths - please include some of the less popular URs in the transmutes. Examples are: +2 light crossbow of Stunning, +2 Shieliegh (sp?), shirt of the fae, etc.. Some of the URs are rarely used - this would give them a bit of new life.

Fred


Especially after printing the enchanters whetstone.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 3 weeks ago #535

I think it would be interesting to do a combination transmute for a Ring of Elemental Resistance. You could combine the ring of fire, sonic, cold, and shock into one ring of Greater Elemental Resistance that gives you 50% resistance to all 4 elements. Sort of similar to the Mastery combination ring but definitely not to the eldrich level like that one was.

That may need to be coupled with some reprinting of these tokens to get enough out there but I've always thought that might be a nice relic level transmute.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 3 weeks ago #536

In the UR thread there was a suggestion for a cloak of adaptation - +5 to one save, +2 to the others.

It will have been 7 years since the last cloak transmute. How about :

Relic:
Cloak of attunement
+6 to one save, +3 to the others

Legendary
Endgame's enveloping cape of evolution
+7 to one save, +4 to the others
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 3 weeks ago #537

An enhanced potion

Consume to deal psychic damage equal to wisdom x psychic level , must have psychic ability unlocked and exhausts your psychic ability
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 3 weeks ago #538

Endgame wrote: In the UR thread there was a suggestion for a cloak of adaptation - +5 to one save, +2 to the others.

It will have been 7 years since the last cloak transmute. How about :

Relic:
Cloak of attunement
+6 to one save, +3 to the others

Legendary
Endgame's enveloping cape of evolution
+7 to one save, +4 to the others


I really like this idea. My guild is new enough to have missed out on the previous cloak transmutes. As a result, boosting our saves has been tough. (We're all really looking forward to the relic bead, but it feels like we'll probably still be playing catch-up with the folks who will have the relic bead AND an awesome saves cloak.) Currently, our non-wizards are wearing either the +2 Cloak of Resistance or the Cloak of Shadowskin. Having something like this to shoot for would be great.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 3 weeks ago #539

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3149

Endgame wrote: In the UR thread there was a suggestion for a cloak of adaptation - +5 to one save, +2 to the others.

It will have been 7 years since the last cloak transmute. How about :

Relic:
Cloak of attunement
+6 to one save, +3 to the others

Legendary
Endgame's enveloping cape of evolution
+7 to one save, +4 to the others


Ultimately, feels both too similar to the existing Orange cloak series, yet also not as good. +6 to all vs +7/+4/+4 ... Maybe make it 7/3/3 on the relic and 9/4/4 on the legendary. That makes it feel like more of a trade.

Or going on a different track:

Swashbuckler's Cape
+1 to AC, +1 to Hit in melee

Duelist's Cape
+2 to AC, +2 to Hit and +1 pt of damage in melee

Cape of Flynning
+3 to AC, +3 to Hit and +2 pts of damage in melee
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Transmute Ideas Please! 3 months 3 weeks ago #540

Endgame wrote: In the UR thread there was a suggestion for a cloak of adaptation - +5 to one save, +2 to the others.

It will have been 7 years since the last cloak transmute. How about :

Relic:
Cloak of attunement
+6 to one save, +3 to the others

Legendary
Endgame's enveloping cape of evolution
+7 to one save, +4 to the others


While I'd prefer a functional or straight reprint of Druegar's Cloak, if we can't get that I like an idea along these lines. It would be good for classes that have a significant weakness in one of the save categories.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds