Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

I bought all 10 tickets for a True Dungeon run for our group and want to transfer them all to a friend since I won't be going on this actual run, my wishlist just happened to be processed early enough to be able to get it.

When I tried to do the electronic transfer I was able to transfer two of the tickets (one at a time btw, is there a way to do all 10 or just more than 1, at once?), but when I went to transfer the third ticket I received an error stating:

"There were problems with the following fields:
-Recipient Event TDAxxxxxxxx has been purchased for friend --- --- the maximum amount of times."

But since TD events allow people to purchase up to 10 tickets for yourself, this seems like an odd error to receive.

Anyone else have this same issue? Anyone know of a solution?
[/instagram]
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

I’m having the same problem. Been emailing gencon customer service back and forth and they are basically denying there is even a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

I think it is a intentional restriction of the new Gen Con electronic ticket system. The reason you can assign 2 to 1 person is because of ghosting. Each real player can have 1 ghost ticket too... but not more.

Now, what the solution is, if Gen Con support won't help, I don't know. Maybe someone who dealt with this last year can assist better.
Classes Played: Barbarian (21 times), Monk (11), Cleric (9), Fighter (9), Rogue (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Ranger (6), Paladin (5), Druid (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #4

If they already have friends who will use the tickets, they may have to transfer the two you sent, then you can transfer two more to them, which they transfer on...etc
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #5

Jeff321 wrote: I think it is a intentional restriction of the new Gen Con electronic ticket system. The reason you can assign 2 to 1 person is because of ghosting. Each real player can have 1 ghost ticket too... but not more.

Now, what the solution is, if Gen Con support won't help, I don't know. Maybe someone who dealt with this last year can assist better.


Well that's not true I believe. The max ghosts per run is 5. Not one per person. Was this changed somewhere?

Jeff's own example of the new ghosting rules specifically have an instance where a single person runs the whole dungeon with all ten tickets. They get their own treasure plus 5 ghost's worth, but no more.

I doubt this is intentional, but simply a by-product of the fact that most events at Gencon only allow you to have 2 tickets, with TD being a notable exception.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jpotter.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #6

I'm in the same spot, was just going to wait a few days before I emailed customer service. Brother got better time on event list and full runs under his badge. I thought we could transfer them all off to same person.

Worse case i'll have to friend all the accounts that his and transfer individually but would prefer a better option.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #7

jpotter wrote:

Jeff321 wrote: I think it is a intentional restriction of the new Gen Con electronic ticket system. The reason you can assign 2 to 1 person is because of ghosting. Each real player can have 1 ghost ticket too... but not more.

Now, what the solution is, if Gen Con support won't help, I don't know. Maybe someone who dealt with this last year can assist better.


Well that's not true I believe. The max ghosts per run is 5. Not one per person. Was this changed somewhere?

Jeff's own example of the new ghosting rules specifically have an instance where a single person runs the whole dungeon with all ten tickets. They get their own treasure plus 5 ghost's worth, but no more.

I doubt this is intentional, but simply a by-product of the fact that most events at Gencon only allow you to have 2 tickets, with TD being a notable exception.


It seems you are right, sorry! I didn't have to deal with it last year. The system should be changed to allow more than 2 for TD, IMO...
Classes Played: Barbarian (21 times), Monk (11), Cleric (9), Fighter (9), Rogue (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Ranger (6), Paladin (5), Druid (5), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 3 weeks ago #8

kurtreznor wrote: If they already have friends who will use the tickets, they may have to transfer the two you sent, then you can transfer two more to them, which they transfer on...etc


yeah, we've got a workaround just in case. so its not a huge deal.

thanks for letting me know i'm not alone! (or an idiot for not seeing how to transfer all 10 at once =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 2 weeks ago #9

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5681
Did anyone ever find a resolution to this as I'm now facing the same problem. I truly do not love the e ticketing system.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 2 weeks ago #10

not i.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 2 weeks ago #11

Picc wrote: Did anyone ever find a resolution to this as I'm now facing the same problem. I truly do not love the e ticketing system.


Yeah, this is an annoying bug (hopefully it will get fixed), but overall the e-tickets are more convenient than paper. I mean, if you had paper tickets, you couldnt 'transfer' them at all until you met in person.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trouble transferring more than 2 electronic tickets to a single friend 4 months 2 weeks ago #12

kurtreznor wrote:

Picc wrote: Did anyone ever find a resolution to this as I'm now facing the same problem. I truly do not love the e ticketing system.


Yeah, this is an annoying bug (hopefully it will get fixed), but overall the e-tickets are more convenient than paper. I mean, if you had paper tickets, you couldnt 'transfer' them at all until you met in person.


Well, you could mail them....
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds