Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #13

Mike Steele wrote: One of the highlights of my weekend was wielding the Hammer of Foss Altus. It was neat using the actual one-of-a-kind soulbound token of Jeff's. Lots of other great things over the weekend, I'll probably go into more detail later. :)


Yes, that was awesome. I hope everyone took the opporunity to look at the token as well.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #14

Brad Mortensen wrote: On the other hand, I hated the PlayerVsPlayer and will never do another.


Let me tale you the story of 2011 when those of us on the Golden Ticket got to do True Brawl (very unbalanced with lots of one-shot kills) and a pizza party (pizza wasn't even that great). That's it.

Didn't even got a single UR, let alone all the crazy Relic/Legendary/Coin of Fate stuff that has happened in more recent years. And nothing unique like Deck of Many Things or Cogwind Amulets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #15

Incognito wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: On the other hand, I hated the PlayerVsPlayer and will never do another.


Let me tale you the story of 2011 when those of us on the Golden Ticket got to do True Brawl (very unbalanced with lots of one-shot kills) and a pizza party (pizza wasn't even that great). That's it.

Didn't even got a single UR, let alone all the crazy Relic/Legendary/Coin of Fate stuff that has happened in more recent years. And nothing unique like Deck of Many Things or Cogwind Amulets.


I didn't even realize that was the special "room". Through the entire Dungeon, I kept waiting for our unique room/event to pop up. It wasn't until the Exit Room that I realized the Brawl/Pizza was our unique event. (Although two of us did get a plastic Red Herring, which might turn out to be pretty cool).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #16

Overall, I had a wonderful time and can't wait to have another TDC in the future. I do have some negatives listed below, but they are more "addressing this may make things better" rather than "this aspect sucked" (despite the fact that I get more wordy on those parts).

But first, the good:
  • Event staff was definitely the A team. Coaches, DMs, and NPCs did great jobs. Special call-out to the blowhard, as he did a great job of staying in character throughout.
  • The location was pretty awesome. The feel of the buildings and the cave was great ambiance. My expectations are now set quite high if a different location ever gets selected in the future.
  • The set was nicely laid out given the unique physical constraints you had. Room one and two were particularly awesome. Sure, there were a couple transition rooms that would have been nice to have larger. But that was understandable. Oh, and can all future dungeons have comfy chairs to sit in? :)
  • Horde: mass chaos, but a ton of fun.
  • Getting to take part in the patron events at the warehouse was awesome. I can't wait to see how our ideas transition to reality.

The less good:
  • Having the travel "room" (the trolley and wait) between the training room and room 1. If it was mentioned ahead of time that runs were going to be 12 minutes longer than normal, I know I and others missed that. I would have tried to plan runs with more time between them if I'd known. With the experienced groups I was with at TDC, this didn't wind up being a huge deal since we prepped characters and party cards ahead of time, so being late to the next run wasn't a problem. It was very cool entering the dungeon through the smuggler's hatch, but reversing the direction of the rooms might have worked better, logistically.
  • Trash cans. I like to be able to pick up after myself when doing open gaming, etc. Having nowhere obvious to throw out things like ten-pack wrappers was a bit irritating. Yes, the Walkers staff was always happy to help, but it felt odd to not be able to just take care of it myself (though I did eventually remember that the restrooms had trash cans available). If the intent was for us to be able to pick up after ourselves (like at a normal convention), a trash can or two in the open areas would be nice. If we weren't supposed to worry about picking up after ourselves, some communication to that effect ahead of time would be good.
  • Fog machine: the added ambiance was nice, but it was a little overwhelming at times.
  • Outdoor lighting: not sure if some outdoor lights were broken or if they just don't expect people to be there after dark. In particular, the parking lot up by the transmute room seemed not well lit.
  • The weather: yeah, nothing that could be done about this. Still unfortunate. Really would have liked to see the originally planned outdoor patron event. Maybe next time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Fiddy.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #17

Mike Steele wrote:

Incognito wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: On the other hand, I hated the PlayerVsPlayer and will never do another.


Let me tale you the story of 2011 when those of us on the Golden Ticket got to do True Brawl (very unbalanced with lots of one-shot kills) and a pizza party (pizza wasn't even that great). That's it.

Didn't even got a single UR, let alone all the crazy Relic/Legendary/Coin of Fate stuff that has happened in more recent years. And nothing unique like Deck of Many Things or Cogwind Amulets.


I didn't even realize that was the special "room". Through the entire Dungeon, I kept waiting for our unique room/event to pop up. It wasn't until the Exit Room that I realized the Brawl/Pizza was our unique event. (Although two of us did get a plastic Red Herring, which might turn out to be pretty cool).


You misunderstand my comment. I'm grateful they did anything for us, and I'm not disappointed that we "only" got a PvP. The weather was uncooperative, and they didn't have to do anything for us in the first place.

I just want nothing to do with PvP under any circs in the future. And, if I could go back in time, I'd have skipped that one, too.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #18

Harlax wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: One of the highlights of my weekend was wielding the Hammer of Foss Altus. It was neat using the actual one-of-a-kind soulbound token of Jeff's. Lots of other great things over the weekend, I'll probably go into more detail later. :)


Yes, that was awesome. I hope everyone took the opporunity to look at the token as well.



Did anyone get a picture of the token?

I'd meant to, but we always ended up so busy in that room!
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #19

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Incognito wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: On the other hand, I hated the PlayerVsPlayer and will never do another.


Let me tale you the story of 2011 when those of us on the Golden Ticket got to do True Brawl (very unbalanced with lots of one-shot kills) and a pizza party (pizza wasn't even that great). That's it.

Didn't even got a single UR, let alone all the crazy Relic/Legendary/Coin of Fate stuff that has happened in more recent years. And nothing unique like Deck of Many Things or Cogwind Amulets.


I didn't even realize that was the special "room". Through the entire Dungeon, I kept waiting for our unique room/event to pop up. It wasn't until the Exit Room that I realized the Brawl/Pizza was our unique event. (Although two of us did get a plastic Red Herring, which might turn out to be pretty cool).


You misunderstand my comment. I'm grateful they did anything for us, and I'm not disappointed that we "only" got a PvP. The weather was uncooperative, and they didn't have to do anything for us in the first place.

I just want nothing to do with PvP under any circs in the future. And, if I could go back in time, I'd have skipped that one, too.


Hi Brad,

I'm curious what you didn't like about the event. It seemed like a fun event, and from our Coaching room right next to it, it sounded like most of the people were having a great time (although maybe that wasn't the same PvP group you were in). I'm just wondering what specifically you didn't like, as perhaps they can take that as feedback to improve it if they have it again in the future.

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #20

Yes.
Aye, that's the rub

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #21

I liked the fog machine and would like to see more of it. In a normal dungeon it will be less contained so it shouldn't be overwhelming. I also liked the challenge of the really slow board due to the humidity.

I liked the chairs. Jeff, if interested we have some puzzle ideas that chairs :)

I really liked the PvP. They did something to reduce or prevent mass attacks. The only bad thing was the fact that some people died right away. Perhaps just double the HP for everybody next time?
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com (5% discount code: TDFORUM)

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #22

Mike Steele wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Incognito wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: On the other hand, I hated the PlayerVsPlayer and will never do another.


Let me tale you the story of 2011 when those of us on the Golden Ticket got to do True Brawl (very unbalanced with lots of one-shot kills) and a pizza party (pizza wasn't even that great). That's it.

Didn't even got a single UR, let alone all the crazy Relic/Legendary/Coin of Fate stuff that has happened in more recent years. And nothing unique like Deck of Many Things or Cogwind Amulets.


I didn't even realize that was the special "room". Through the entire Dungeon, I kept waiting for our unique room/event to pop up. It wasn't until the Exit Room that I realized the Brawl/Pizza was our unique event. (Although two of us did get a plastic Red Herring, which might turn out to be pretty cool).


You misunderstand my comment. I'm grateful they did anything for us, and I'm not disappointed that we "only" got a PvP. The weather was uncooperative, and they didn't have to do anything for us in the first place.

I just want nothing to do with PvP under any circs in the future. And, if I could go back in time, I'd have skipped that one, too.


Hi Brad,

I'm curious what you didn't like about the event. It seemed like a fun event, and from our Coaching room right next to it, it sounded like most of the people were having a great time (although maybe that wasn't the same PvP group you were in). I'm just wondering what specifically you didn't like, as perhaps they can take that as feedback to improve it if they have it again in the future.

Thanks,
Mike


I thought it was a rule that players are not allowed to attack their own party members.

Maybe my emotions are still raw and I take things a bit too personally at the moment. But I'm still not over it.

So I'm glad everyone else had fun. Just not my cup of tea.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #23

Kirk Bauer wrote: I liked the fog machine and would like to see more of it. In a normal dungeon it will be less contained so it shouldn't be overwhelming. I also liked the challenge of the really slow board due to the humidity.


Normally i can dig the fog machines not this time, this weekend was obnoxious it felt to those of us who have breathing issues. Room 4 in particular just seemed the worse. I give allowance due to the low ceilings and mass of people in a relative tight area.

Venue was beautiful, not their fault the weather sucked,

Echo the wish for trashcans, just normal self tidyness kicking in and having to really look for a can to throw away wrappers/empty water bottles was annoying.

Commute between hotel and event site was not the issue i was afraid it'd be. Just simple drive back and forth.

For those of us who used the Slack channel that did come in handy when looking for someone or who needed a ride. Would like to see more use of this as it had a more realtime functionality during the con itself.

Always a shout out to the 'local volunteer's' who stepped up and made the event run as smooth as it did.

Lastly, glad to put some more faces to forum names.
We're all the kind of people who enjoy the game on a "meta" level. We like talking about the game year-round. We buy tokens. We enjoy crafting. We get together during the off-season if we can. We are a very skewed demographic that way. -Raven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early True Dungeon Celebration Feedback 2 years 1 month ago #24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds