Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #25

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7865

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I think the intent behind this is good, which is truly all that matters.

I like Jeff's responsiveness during this time. I'm truly glad he listens, which is all we can ask for.

TDC is going to be a blast! I'm looking forward to getting to run with some of you, hopefully a lot of you!



With the ticket limits not certain if you will be able to run with everyone one. :laugh:
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #26

jedibcg wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I think the intent behind this is good, which is truly all that matters.

I like Jeff's responsiveness during this time. I'm truly glad he listens, which is all we can ask for.

TDC is going to be a blast! I'm looking forward to getting to run with some of you, hopefully a lot of you!



With the ticket limits not certain if you will be able to run with everyone one. :laugh:


Hopefully I'll be able to see quite a few during the True Horde, as well as some at the outdoor patron event.

Maybe not all 100+ attendees, but certainly quite a few! ;)
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #27

The last second change should address the concerns of guaranteeing the class you want and xenophobia issues.
This is a good change and I think acceptable for TDC.
Sweet a combat room, we won't take damage!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #28

Druegar wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Yeah, this was just in reference to the mandate that all tickets must go to humans, no ghosting allowed and extra passed had to be returned.

Sorry if it wasn't clear in my initial post, but I was supporting your position--not diminishing it.


Ah ok thanks ^_^ thought there was a miscommunication

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #29

Jeff Martin wrote:

Jeff321 wrote: I am a bit concerned about the no ghosts rule. If you buy out a run of 10, intending to run Nightmare, and for whatever reason 1 person can't attend, the ticket needs to be returned, and then the replacement player can force the group back to Normal difficulty per the rules. Perhaps a better policy would be "no ghosting for treasure" (to remove the financial incentive) rather than "no ghosts period".

The other rules sound good to me.


Good idea. I will change it to "no treasure for ghosts".


Does "no treasure" also mean no participation tokens, starting 10 pack of tokens, etc? I hope it does. Although at GENCON I could see getting 10 packs of tokens about equal to the ticket price for ghost players (for instance, 6 10-packs for a $60 ticket). That compensates some for the ticket price, but wouldn't incentivize token farming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #30

Mike Steele wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:

Jeff321 wrote: I am a bit concerned about the no ghosts rule. If you buy out a run of 10, intending to run Nightmare, and for whatever reason 1 person can't attend, the ticket needs to be returned, and then the replacement player can force the group back to Normal difficulty per the rules. Perhaps a better policy would be "no ghosting for treasure" (to remove the financial incentive) rather than "no ghosts period".

The other rules sound good to me.


Good idea. I will change it to "no treasure for ghosts".


Does "no treasure" also mean no participation tokens, starting 10 pack of tokens, etc? I hope it does. Although at GENCON I could see getting 10 packs of tokens about equal to the ticket price for ghost players (for instance, 6 10-packs for a $60 ticket). That compensates some for the ticket price, but wouldn't incentivize token farming.


I think any suggestions to changes of Gencon should be taken to a separate thread so they don't muddy the waters.

What might be good for TDC may not be good for GC and vice versa.
Sweet a combat room, we won't take damage!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #31

valetutto wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:

Jeff321 wrote: I am a bit concerned about the no ghosts rule. If you buy out a run of 10, intending to run Nightmare, and for whatever reason 1 person can't attend, the ticket needs to be returned, and then the replacement player can force the group back to Normal difficulty per the rules. Perhaps a better policy would be "no ghosting for treasure" (to remove the financial incentive) rather than "no ghosts period".

The other rules sound good to me.


Good idea. I will change it to "no treasure for ghosts".


Does "no treasure" also mean no participation tokens, starting 10 pack of tokens, etc? I hope it does. Although at GENCON I could see getting 10 packs of tokens about equal to the ticket price for ghost players (for instance, 6 10-packs for a $60 ticket). That compensates some for the ticket price, but wouldn't incentivize token farming.


I think any suggestions to changes of Gencon should be taken to a separate thread so they don't muddy the waters.

What might be good for TDC may not be good for GC and vice versa.


True, although the first part of that applies to TDC. "Does "no treasure" also mean no participation tokens, starting 10 pack of tokens, etc? I hope it does."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #32

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7865
I could be completely mistaken about this but I thought Jeff had said there was not a completion token, but there was a badge token. Basically everyone that attends TDC will get 1 of these tokens and only 1 with their badge. There will be some in GC and GHC treasure boxes so those that could not make it to TDC would get a chance at them but they would be more limited than completion tokens usually are. Again he could have changed his mind or I could be remembering incorrectly but I thought that came up.


Found it.

www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=55&id=244186&start=24#270625

3. There will be one unique token given to each attendee with their badge. No other "completion" tokens will be available for the other events.

www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=55&id=244186&start=36#270630

Will this token likely find it way into treasure boxes at Gen Con because people are going to want it even if they cannot attend?

A limited number will be found in the 2017 treasure generators.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #33

jedibcg wrote: I could be completely mistaken about this but I thought Jeff had said there was not a completion token, but there was a badge token. Basically everyone that attends TDC will get 1 of these tokens and only 1 with their badge. There will be some in GC and GHC treasure boxes so those that could not make it to TDC would get a chance at them but they would be more limited than completion tokens usually are. Again he could have changed his mind or I could be remembering incorrectly but I thought that came up.


Found it.

www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=55&id=244186&start=24#270625

3. There will be one unique token given to each attendee with their badge. No other "completion" tokens will be available for the other events.

www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=55&id=244186&start=36#270630

Will this token likely find it way into treasure boxes at Gen Con because people are going to want it even if they cannot attend?

A limited number will be found in the 2017 treasure generators.


Thanks, I'd forgotten that. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #34

I'd be ok with a "ghost" getting the 10 pack. But who would do that on purpose anyway? An $8 pack for $25?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #35

Harlax wrote: I'd be ok with a "ghost" getting the 10 pack. But who would do that on purpose anyway? An $8 pack for $25?


People who want to run with less than 10 players is my first guess.

I would be fine with the ghosts also being allowed to equip synergy tokens like CoA and CoS, even if they can't obtain treasure.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2-hour Event Ticket Limit Set at 12 Tickets 2 years 10 months ago #36

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote: I'd be ok with a "ghost" getting the 10 pack. But who would do that on purpose anyway? An $8 pack for $25?


People who want to run with less than 10 players is my first guess.

I would be fine with the ghosts also being allowed to equip synergy tokens like CoA and CoS, even if they can't obtain treasure.


True, there are those who prefer running with less than 10. But treasure farming wouldn't be the reason for that in this format.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds