Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Ebay auction misprint

Ebay auction misprint 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

Anyone know how rare the.misprinted exilir of life currently listed on Ebay actually is?

Were all of them printed like that?
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ebay auction misprint 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 1821

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Anyone know how rare the.misprinted exilir of life currently listed on Ebay actually is?

Were all of them printed like that?


I'm not 100% sure about the 2003 version (it's one of the few woodies I'm missing), but the 2004 and 2005a version (which is what this eBay listing is) are all misspelled. They spelled it Exilir when it should be Elixir.

True Dungeon corrected the spelling of the Elixir of Life with the 2005b and 2006 versions.

Side note, there was also an Ultra Rare version in 2007, which was correctly spelled.
Want to sell your tokens via www.TrentTokens.com ? Click Here to see what I have available and to learn more!

Follow Trent Tokens on Facebook , Twitter , and Instagram !

Want to Join Team Token?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ebay auction misprint 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

Trent wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Anyone know how rare the.misprinted exilir of life currently listed on Ebay actually is?

Were all of them printed like that?


I'm not 100% sure about the 2003 version (it's one of the few woodies I'm missing), but the 2004 and 2005a version (which is what this eBay listing is) are all misspelled. They spelled it Exilir when it should be Elixir.

True Dungeon corrected the spelling of the Elixir of Life with the 2005b and 2006 versions.

Side note, there was also an Ultra Rare version in 2007, which was correctly spelled.


I'm not home so I can't check my collection, but I think the 2004 versions are spelled correctly and 2005a are spelled incorrectly. There are also some misprints with the 2005a front and 2005b back. There are several printing variations with the wooden Elixers of Life, including a couple different 2006 versions of parentheses placements.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ebay auction misprint 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

Mike Steele wrote:

Trent wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Anyone know how rare the.misprinted exilir of life currently listed on Ebay actually is?

Were all of them printed like that?


I'm not 100% sure about the 2003 version (it's one of the few woodies I'm missing), but the 2004 and 2005a version (which is what this eBay listing is) are all misspelled. They spelled it Exilir when it should be Elixir.

True Dungeon corrected the spelling of the Elixir of Life with the 2005b and 2006 versions.

Side note, there was also an Ultra Rare version in 2007, which was correctly spelled.


I'm not home so I can't check my collection, but I think the 2004 versions are spelled correctly and 2005a are spelled incorrectly. There are also some misprints with the 2005a front and 2005b back. There are several printing variations with the wooden Elixers of Life, including a couple different 2006 versions of parentheses placements.


2003, 2004, 2005a were all printed as Wondrous Exilir of Life. 2005b and 2006 were corrected to Elixir. However as Mike said there may be some 2005a (Exilir) printed on 2005b backs. As for the parentheses 2003, 2004, 2005a, and 2005b had the wording this way...(Restores dead player to full HP). In 2006 the HP was left outside the parentheses and the wording was this way...(Restores dead player to full) HP.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ebay auction misprint 2 months 1 week ago #5

I don't have the Elixir of Life from 2003 or 2004 - if anyone has one of those available, please contact me. I'll give you a VERY good price or trade for it.

The Elixir of Life wooden versions I have are:

* 2005a Exiler of Life
* 2005b Elixir of Life
* 2005B Exiler of Life (2005a front with 2005b back)
* 2006 Elixir of Life with the end parentheses on top of the second "l" in "full"
* 2006 Elixir of Life with the end parentheses after "HP"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds