Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon?

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 1 week ago #49

Harlax wrote:

smakdown wrote: jmartin posted somewhere about the exact composition of the buckets.

X number of legendary or high end tokens.
X + 1-2 next level down
X + 3-4 next level down
X% of monster bits
X% of rares
X% of uncommons.

or something like that formula.



He did. But if I recall correctly, the stats collected by Jedi show that those numbers are no longer good.

I think they showed a 1% chance of a UR and recent numbers are much lower than that.


I thought the 1% was for something “special” - UR, (3-5 star) transmutes, or trade goods. I don’t remember it ever being 1% URs. But I forget things.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 1 week ago #50

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Harlax wrote:

smakdown wrote: jmartin posted somewhere about the exact composition of the buckets.

X number of legendary or high end tokens.
X + 1-2 next level down
X + 3-4 next level down
X% of monster bits
X% of rares
X% of uncommons.

or something like that formula.



He did. But if I recall correctly, the stats collected by Jedi show that those numbers are no longer good.

I think they showed a 1% chance of a UR and recent numbers are much lower than that.


I thought the 1% was for something “special” - UR, (3-5 star) transmutes, or trade goods. I don’t remember it ever being 1% URs. But I forget things.


It was 5% special. He descrbed it as "rolling a 20." Which included the 1% UR as well as reliecs legendaries (don't remember that number) as well as the minor transmutes.

I created a spreadsheet at some point to project my draws based on those numbers. Don't know that I still have it.

But those numbers seem obsolete in any case.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 1 week ago #51

I have had a particularly bad streak pulling my last 200 pulls in 50 bag increments (I entered them in the Excel doc) Jeff even watched me open my last bag at Gamehole. The best I got was a dragonward amulet but most of it was uncommon.
I’m not complaining because I truly believe it will all even out or has evened out. 2 years ago at GenCon I pulled a legendary ring from the treasure box.
So on balance I’m probably still ahead. It is a little deflating though to pull 4 bags of 50 and get mostly uncommons. It’s just human nature to want to be super thrilled each time. I expect my next pulls will be better. I’m an optimist.
It makes me want to go back to pulling from the boxes but when I think of standing there all that time, I’m glad for the bags. So YES to bags.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bob Chasan.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 1 week ago #52

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Harlax wrote:

smakdown wrote: jmartin posted somewhere about the exact composition of the buckets.

X number of legendary or high end tokens.
X + 1-2 next level down
X + 3-4 next level down
X% of monster bits
X% of rares
X% of uncommons.

or something like that formula.



He did. But if I recall correctly, the stats collected by Jedi show that those numbers are no longer good.

I think they showed a 1% chance of a UR and recent numbers are much lower than that.


I thought the 1% was for something “special” - UR, (3-5 star) transmutes, or trade goods. I don’t remember it ever being 1% URs. But I forget things.



www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=53&id=234348#234348

There is what Jeff wrote. Again, based on current pull information those numbers are obsolete.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 1 week ago #53

jon wrote: How are treasure bags made?

Druegar wrote: From the finest Corinthian leather..

Harlax wrote: I thought it was Naga Hide.

Ya gotta ask for a bag from "under the counter" to get the good stuff.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 2 weeks ago #54

Druegar wrote:

jon wrote: How are treasure bags made?

Druegar wrote: From the finest Corinthian leather..

Harlax wrote: I thought it was Naga Hide.

Ya gotta ask for a bag from "under the counter" to get the good stuff.


You know I've come to belive that since there are less hands touching treasure bagged at carbondale. Your millage may very of course but I've never had an issue with a carbondale bag, anecdotally I've seen a lot more variance between jedis spreadsheets and bags made during the con.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 2 weeks ago #55

Picc wrote:

Druegar wrote:

jon wrote: How are treasure bags made?

Druegar wrote: From the finest Corinthian leather..

Harlax wrote: I thought it was Naga Hide.

Ya gotta ask for a bag from "under the counter" to get the good stuff.


You know I've come to belive that since there are less hands touching treasure bagged at carbondale. Your millage may very of course but I've never had an issue with a carbondale bag, anecdotally I've seen a lot more variance between jedis spreadsheets and bags made during the con.


I've personally had terrible luck with bags made at the con, especially those clear bags a couple of years ago. I kind of want to avoid the bags since I have never had any luck with them - but they are so convenient. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 2 weeks ago #56

Mike Steele wrote:

Picc wrote:

Druegar wrote:

jon wrote: How are treasure bags made?

Druegar wrote: From the finest Corinthian leather..

Harlax wrote: I thought it was Naga Hide.

Ya gotta ask for a bag from "under the counter" to get the good stuff.


You know I've come to belive that since there are less hands touching treasure bagged at carbondale. Your millage may very of course but I've never had an issue with a carbondale bag, anecdotally I've seen a lot more variance between jedis spreadsheets and bags made during the con.


I've personally had terrible luck with bags made at the con, especially those clear bags a couple of years ago. I kind of want to avoid the bags since I have never had any luck with them - but they are so convenient. :)


So you are saying take bags early in the Con and pull from the box late in the con?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 2 weeks ago #57

That's usually my method.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 2 weeks ago #58

Harlax wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

Picc wrote:

Druegar wrote:

jon wrote: How are treasure bags made?

Druegar wrote: From the finest Corinthian leather..

Harlax wrote: I thought it was Naga Hide.

Ya gotta ask for a bag from "under the counter" to get the good stuff.


You know I've come to belive that since there are less hands touching treasure bagged at carbondale. Your millage may very of course but I've never had an issue with a carbondale bag, anecdotally I've seen a lot more variance between jedis spreadsheets and bags made during the con.


I've personally had terrible luck with bags made at the con, especially those clear bags a couple of years ago. I kind of want to avoid the bags since I have never had any luck with them - but they are so convenient. :)


So you are saying take bags early in the Con and pull from the box late in the con?


Perhaps. I've had bad luck with bags in the con no matter when I've done them, but it does seem like they've gotten worse for me the later I've gotten them. Maybe that just means someone else is getting better bags the later the con goes. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 2 weeks ago #59

I had pretty good luck with a 50 bag at GenCon last year. On Saturday I think.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would it make sense to have pre-made 100 treasure bags at end of dungeon? 6 months 2 weeks ago #60

the bags love me... on average or better. my first bag had charm of avarice . my first year at gamehole, I pulled 2 eldritch bars a couple of relics and roughly 20k other gold.

not so good since, but the convenience is great.
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20 runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds