Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ultra Rare Token Ideas

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 5 days ago #517

Fiddy wrote:

Xavon wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Please give us your token ideas here with regard to Ultra Rares.


And here we are two months later. Any estimate as to how long this process goes on before a draft set?


Probably not until after GenCon, if it is like usual.


Except it isn't like usual.

I think Jeff mentioned at one point wanting to have the tokens finalized in May as part of the overall schedule shifting


That's my recollection as well. My guess is we will get a draft set maybe after the initial Origins ticket sales rush dies down.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 2 days ago #518

Potion of Accuracy. For the remainder of this combat, all missed attack slides count as hits.

Figurine of Power: Eagle: Once per game, a missed slide counts as a hit.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 2 days ago #519

To be clear, you're suggesting a consumable UR Potion?

I like the eagle, though it seems to really obsolete the panther. Maybe ranged only?
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 2 days ago #520

Wade Schwendemann wrote:
I like the eagle, though it seems to really obsolete the panther. Maybe ranged only?


Agree, but maybe limit the damage to the lowest value on the token, plus any applicable bonus damage.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 2 days ago #521

Harlax wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:
I like the eagle, though it seems to really obsolete the panther. Maybe ranged only?


Agree, but maybe limit the damage to the lowest value on the token, plus any applicable bonus damage.


Figurine of Power: TigerEagle : once per adventure a missed attack counts as a hit for minimum damage.

It helps GMs as they probably clear the token unless the player clarifies quickly and loudly for them. It also doesn’t invalidate the panther, ability to re-slide means you can fix others attacks. It also means an attacker with a high cha could use both.

I don’t know if there’s a determination for what animal provides which bonus, but I do like the idea of a tiger and a panther working together on a kill. Eagles are cool though.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Last edit: by macXdmg.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 2 days ago #522

Wade Schwendemann wrote: To be clear, you're suggesting a consumable UR Potion?

I like the eagle, though it seems to really obsolete the panther. Maybe ranged only?


Yep, thinking out of the box. I agree the Figurine is more likely. I like having it be minimum damage to balance it, plus you don't have a chance at a critical hit or bumping someone else into position like the reslide figurine. :)
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 2 days ago #523

macXdmg wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:
I like the eagle, though it seems to really obsolete the panther. Maybe ranged only?


Agree, but maybe limit the damage to the lowest value on the token, plus any applicable bonus damage.


Figurine of Power: TigerEagle : once per adventure a missed attack counts as a hit for minimum damage.

It helps GMs as they probably clear the token unless the player clarifies quickly and loudly for them. It also doesn’t invalidate the panther, ability to re-slide means you can fix others attacks. It also means an attacker with a high cha could use both.

I don’t know if there’s a determination for what animal provides which bonus, but I do like the idea of a tiger and a panther working together on a kill. Eagles are cool though.


Maybe once per game on a miss you do your damage bonus worth in damage to the monster
Still seems good and all the GM needs to look at is the party card and can ignore the weapon being slid.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 14 hours ago #524

Earcuff of the Firebird: 3 Fire Resistance and Heal 3 when you take Fire Damage.

I am not sure if 3 is the correct number, but I think the concept would be fun.
Last edit: by OrionW.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 14 hours ago #525

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

macXdmg wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:
I like the eagle, though it seems to really obsolete the panther. Maybe ranged only?


Agree, but maybe limit the damage to the lowest value on the token, plus any applicable bonus damage.


Figurine of Power: TigerEagle : once per adventure a missed attack counts as a hit for minimum damage.

It helps GMs as they probably clear the token unless the player clarifies quickly and loudly for them. It also doesn’t invalidate the panther, ability to re-slide means you can fix others attacks. It also means an attacker with a high cha could use both.

I don’t know if there’s a determination for what animal provides which bonus, but I do like the idea of a tiger and a panther working together on a kill. Eagles are cool though.


Maybe once per game on a miss you do your damage bonus worth in damage to the monster
Still seems good and all the GM needs to look at is the party card and can ignore the weapon being slid.


Do you need to tie this to a miss? It seems that DMs usually move quickly to discard missed tokens and calc hits, and I'm not sure you want to interrupt the process to call out "I'm using my figurine". Maybe instead you could have:

Figurine of Power: Sparrow - Instead of making a melee or ranged attack this round, deal damage equal to your damage bonus

Also, this gives me an idea:

Figurine of Power: Porcupine - Instead of making a melee or ranged attack this round, deal damage equal to your retribution bonus
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 7 hours ago #526

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3140

OrionW wrote: Earcuff of the Firebird: 3 Fire Resistance and Heal 3 when you take Fire Damage.

I am not sure if 3 is the correct number, but I think the concept would be fun.


But more often than not, it just works out to 6 fire resistance.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 4 months 4 hours ago #527

Xavon wrote:

OrionW wrote: Earcuff of the Firebird: 3 Fire Resistance and Heal 3 when you would take Fire Damage.

I am not sure if 3 is the correct number, but I think the concept would be fun.


But more often than not, it just works out to 6 fire resistance.


Fixed it, I like it. 4 points of fire and 4 points of physical would be almost nearly become 0 with such an item.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 3 months 4 weeks ago #528

Endgame wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

macXdmg wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:
I like the eagle, though it seems to really obsolete the panther. Maybe ranged only?


Agree, but maybe limit the damage to the lowest value on the token, plus any applicable bonus damage.


Figurine of Power: TigerEagle : once per adventure a missed attack counts as a hit for minimum damage.

It helps GMs as they probably clear the token unless the player clarifies quickly and loudly for them. It also doesn’t invalidate the panther, ability to re-slide means you can fix others attacks. It also means an attacker with a high cha could use both.

I don’t know if there’s a determination for what animal provides which bonus, but I do like the idea of a tiger and a panther working together on a kill. Eagles are cool though.


Maybe once per game on a miss you do your damage bonus worth in damage to the monster
Still seems good and all the GM needs to look at is the party card and can ignore the weapon being slid.


Do you need to tie this to a miss? It seems that DMs usually move quickly to discard missed tokens and calc hits, and I'm not sure you want to interrupt the process to call out "I'm using my figurine". Maybe instead you could have:

Figurine of Power: Sparrow - Instead of making a melee or ranged attack this round, deal damage equal to your damage bonus

Also, this gives me an idea:

Figurine of Power: Porcupine - Instead of making a melee or ranged attack this round, deal damage equal to your retribution bonus


I think the spirit of what the original idea was going for was not having a waisted a round when you miss on a slide. But I guess if you don’t slide at all that would auto miss for you and could still use its power as your action.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds