Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rare Token Thoughts?

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #1

If you have an idea for a needed Rare token, let us know, please.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #2

A new flurry of blows-compatible weapon. Perhaps in the mainhand slot so wrist slot can still be equipped.
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #3

Arnold wrote: A new flurry of blows-compatible weapon. Perhaps in the mainhand slot so wrist slot can still be equipped.


+1 Viper Stike Fang.

Or a some kind of mug/stein/tankard for the drunken master. B)
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
Last edit: by Harlax.
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #4

Thinking about Tomb of Terror:

Ring of Soul Protection: +4 on saves related to soul damage (remembering demi-lich)
Ring of Detect Illusion: +4 on saves vs illusions
Ring of Protection from Petrification: +4 on saves vs petrification
Bead of Charm Protection: Player is immune to charm
+1 Flame Tongue: Damage wheel: 3-10 includes fire damage. +1 to hit (could be a higher damage wheel making it an Ultra-Rare)
Chainmail of Movement: AC 5 and provides Free Movement
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #5

I suggested this last year but I figured why not suggest it again

Figurine of Power that allows once per game to use a horn as a Free action
Maybe make it a minotaur
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #6

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I suggested this last year but I figured why not suggest it again

Figurine of Power that allows once per game to use a horn as a Free action
Maybe make it a minotaur


This seems too good honestly. Whether rare or not, the horns were designed as standard actions to limit them a bit. Also, this would limit future design space.

I like the idea,but I am not sure this is the right execution.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #7

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I suggested this last year but I figured why not suggest it again

Figurine of Power that allows once per game to use a horn as a Free action
Maybe make it a minotaur


This seems too good honestly. Whether rare or not, the horns were designed as standard actions to limit them a bit. Also, this would limit future design space.

I like the idea,but I am not sure this is the right execution.


Maybe it would be a problem but that’s largely why I listed it as a 1/game. I think it would be good but not game breaking.
If it’s too good for Rare maybe still a idea for UR.
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #8

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I suggested this last year but I figured why not suggest it again

Figurine of Power that allows once per game to use a horn as a Free action
Maybe make it a minotaur


This seems too good honestly. Whether rare or not, the horns were designed as standard actions to limit them a bit. Also, this would limit future design space.

I like the idea,but I am not sure this is the right execution.


Maybe it would be a problem but that’s largely why I listed it as a 1/game. I think it would be good but not game breaking.
If it’s too good for Rare maybe still a idea for UR.


Maybe. Or maybe a relic transmute. I still think that it limits future design too much, unless we also slot horns.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #9

+1 Arrow, Bolt, or Bullet of Slaying
+X damage , rogue may use to sneak attack at range
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #10

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I suggested this last year but I figured why not suggest it again

Figurine of Power that allows once per game to use a horn as a Free action
Maybe make it a minotaur


This seems too good honestly. Whether rare or not, the horns were designed as standard actions to limit them a bit. Also, this would limit future design space.

I like the idea,but I am not sure this is the right execution.


Maybe it would be a problem but that’s largely why I listed it as a 1/game. I think it would be good but not game breaking.
If it’s too good for Rare maybe still a idea for UR.


Maybe. Or maybe a relic transmute. I still think that it limits future design too much, unless we also slot horns.

Most horns don’t even apply most years. And I think it would be way too expensive given relative power level to make a Relic unless it did something else too.
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #11

I would like to recommend some new rare Neck slots, charms, and ioun stones, since these slots don't have a ton of "interesting" options unless you jump to Ultra Rare / transmute / etc.

Neck slots:
Currently, the best in slot for a lot of melee non UR builds is the uncommon Necklace of the Birch. Could we get a +2 Str or a +2 Con rare? Maybe with a Transmute to +3?

Charms:
Most melee builds have 4 real options: Charm of Health, Fiendish Charm, Wicked Charm, Charm of Enlightenment

For ranged builds, you can swap fiendish and wicked with sipquick and vicious.

To give some extra variety, could we get some save boosting charms? Something like:

Rabbit Foot: +4 Ref, -2 Fort
Hellhorse Shoe: +4 Fort, -2 Will
Clover: +4 will -2 Ref

For fun, there could be a set bonus: Lucky charms - equip all 3 charms, get +1 all saves.

Ioun Stone:
I would love to see rare versions of the Norse Opal (+3 hp?) and a -3 poison damage Ioun Stone.
The topic has been locked.

Rare Token Thoughts? 6 months 1 day ago #12

I don’t play ranger but Is there a reason there aren’t any quivers? Like a +1 quiver that does +1 hit/dmg. It can be a consumable like the arrows or rather turned in at the beginning like runestones so it’s applied for the whole dungeon rather than turning in a +1 arrow per attack.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds