Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Common Token Ideas

Common Token Ideas 6 months 4 days ago #25

A few basic suggestions for basic equipment.

At the common level we could have:

Great Sword
Hammer
Dagger
Half plate

Uncommon
Flamberge
War Hammer
Kris
Full Plate

Rare
+1 Flamberge
+1 War Hammer
+1 Kris
+1 Full plate

I also like the Katana suggestion earlier. I would vote for making it d10 and fighter only like in AD&D. Given the "rare" status of the Katana in DnD, you might start at uncommon with Katana though, and then have the rare be +1 katana.

Ugh, looks like +1 full plate is an old UR, so maybe not an option?
Last edit: by Endgame.
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #26

I think some equivalent of a Cure Minor is always important in the common set for a year.

I would like to see more potions or scrolls.
Maybe a set of the scrolls like Bull's Str, Cat's Grace, etc.
Making them scrolls (only cast by one class) would prevent them from overpowering the uncommon potions.
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #27

I wonder if we could bump up healing consumables at common.

Have some 2 HP healing potions or edibles.
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #28

Matthew Hayward wrote: I wonder if we could bump up healing consumables at common.

Have some 2 HP healing potions or edibles.


Magic brownie: gain 1 HP, gain an additional HP by munching a turkey leg
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #29

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5629

Matthew Hayward wrote: I wonder if we could bump up healing consumables at common.

Have some 2 HP healing potions or edibles.


I like the idea of an edible, what it we left the 50gp gear item alone, left the 1hp healing potion alone, and replaced one of the weapons with an edible Turkey that say had a 1d3 damage wheel and could be eaten to recover 2hps, that would be funny and of use to Turkey leg runners in the future.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 3 days ago #30

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5629
Putting forth weighted net for reprint consideration again this year since still think its a great item and it would be cool to have some with metal cores that would work better with the new sliders.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
Last edit: by Picc.
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 1 day ago #31

Going with the theme... how about:
Silver arrow (or sling bullet),
Silver dagger,
Garlic necklace.
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 1 day ago #32

50 gp 10.5’ pole

50gp 5lb iron weight

50gp Fancy Fork
50gp illuminated rock
50gp long rope
50gp dowsing rod
50gp wineskin
50gp map
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 1 day ago #33

macXdmg wrote: 50 gp 10.5’ pole

50gp 5lb iron weight

50gp Fancy Fork
50gp illuminated rock
50gp long rope
50gp dowsing rod
50gp wineskin
50gp map


I am not certain if you are suggesting all of these or just giving different options.

If you are suggesting all I have 2 issues. One it would be a lot more gold than has become the standard within the commons. Two it is a gear that would take place of a lot of useful commons for those that only play with the starting pack. That is part of the reason we slimmed down the gear several years ago. If playing with only a starting pack getting 2 of these in a pack would not make it easy to get slots filled.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 16 hours ago #34

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3140
Wand of Precision
Gives one ally +1 to hit for one round
Usable by: Bard, Wizards
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 4 hours ago #35

jedibcg wrote:

macXdmg wrote: 50 gp 10.5’ pole

50gp 5lb iron weight

50gp Fancy Fork
50gp illuminated rock
50gp long rope
50gp dowsing rod
50gp wineskin
50gp map


I am not certain if you are suggesting all of these or just giving different options.

If you are suggesting all I have 2 issues. One it would be a lot more gold than has become the standard within the commons. Two it is a gear that would take place of a lot of useful commons for those that only play with the starting pack. That is part of the reason we slimmed down the gear several years ago. If playing with only a starting pack getting 2 of these in a pack would not make it easy to get slots filled.


I’m not sure which would fit the theme best so I was coming up with all the things.
50gp kitchen wash basin
B)
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
The topic has been locked.

Common Token Ideas 6 months 4 hours ago #36

i thought this year there wasn’t a unified theme.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds